• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think we'll still have an event like the minigame from the summer sale for the winter sale? I hope it's not as sad as the current one.
Would be nice to get some extra cents in trading cards for buying shit and participating in the event like in past sales.

I hope it's not a clicking game. Fuck that.

Man this sale really sucked without dailies. I just checked my wishlist once, didn't see anything low enough, never bothered with it again. I hope Valve will go back to dailies again, it must generate way more store views with dailies right?

I really enjoyed it. No stress, just bought what I wanted / could afford and moved on. I was a little pissed that I missed the Assassin's Creed series deal since there were hidden dailies but whatever.

Wasn't SUPERHOT supposed to release this year as well?

Ray's The Dead went poof as well.

80Aj9aS.jpg

Ozium

These mid-tier Platinum games serve best if you are the type of person mainly playing for their combat style and you enjoy replaying the same levels over and over again to try out new moves/weapons/combos to get a better score.

I do this.

on good Platinum games.

Man this sale really sucked without dailies. I just checked my wishlist once, didn't see anything low enough, never bothered with it again. I hope Valve will go back to dailies again, it must generate way more store views with dailies right?

Word.

If you give me 4 hours to make a decision i'm more likely to buy than if you give me 5 days. It was hella lame.

Dr Dogg

Sure KT you're focused on bringing 'fighting entertainment' to fans around the world but what about campy volleyball games?

Dr Dogg

Laptop probably too shitty to run it well.

Define run it well? I get the feeling Deep Blue won't be enough to unleash the true power of Lightning Returns. I've already set my stall up for 3840x2160@30hz which will be leaps and bounds better than mostly 20fps at 1280x720 I experienced on PS3.

Kaleinc

Banned
Do you guys think we'll still have an event like the minigame from the summer sale for the winter sale? I hope it's not as sad as the current one.
Would be nice to get some extra cents in trading cards for buying shit and participating in the event like in past sales.
I wouldn't mind auction, best event of steam sales.

shockdude

Bit late but I have to agree with you on this.

I personally don't like 'dirty' OS upgrades. The type that upgrades your existing installation, leaves a 10 gig Windows.OLD folder in your root drive and fuck knows what else all around your PC. There is no reason why Microsoft had to enforce this convoluted 'upgrade your OS first and then we'll let you clean install it later' method.

I mean I have a valid Windows 8 key. Let me log in to my Microsoft account and register that key. That tells them I bought the software from them. And then just give me my Win 10 key and a download link to a bootable ISO. Simple. At the very least they could have added this as an option alongside the method they are using right now.

lemme ask again
and you think that's OK? It's an efficient and sane way to do things.
that was rhetorical question, btw

hard way it is, thanks MS yet again
I thought the latest ISOs allow you to use your Windows 7/8.1 key to activate Windows 10. I haven't tested it though.
Why do you need to see the key?
After a format you don't need to manually input the key, Win 10 will activate itself when you go online for the first time.
if that works then that's even better actually.

Ludens

Banned
Regarding Windows 10, I thought the latest ISOs allow you to use your Windows 7/8.1 key to activate. I could be wrong and haven't tested it though.

Why do you need to see the key?
After a format you don't need to manually input the key, Win 10 will activate itself when you go online for the first time.

hohoXD123

Define run it well? I get the feeling Deep Blue won't be enough to unleash the true power of Lightning Returns. I've already set my stall up for 3840x2160@30hz which will be leaps and bounds better than mostly 20fps at 1280x720 I experienced on PS3.

Beyond 1366x768@30fps I guess? Laptop only has a fairly old 525m, I'm secretly hoping it completely craps out so I have an excuse to get a decent PC.

Ozium

I'm curious, should I really ask you about Dragon: The Game?

you mean DRAGON THE GAME it's a dragon simulator on steam...

also I hate when I enter modbot raffle and then I see a PM and it's someone asking me about DRAGON THE GAME

stump's master plan :(

arthy did you see my post about mini bundle 9 featuring arthea games?

From Reddit:
The chronicles of Emerland. Solitaire. http://store.steampowered.com/app/389400/ || Hidden Mysteries Civil War http://store.steampowered.com/app/385390/ || Titan http://store.steampowered.com/app/403170/ --Resplined ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ @ Tue, 01 Dec 2015 01:00:54 GMT

what and where is this arthea? because so far that deal isnt even worth 1.25

Dr Dogg

Beyond 1366x768@30fps I guess? Laptop only has a fairly old 525m, I'm secretly hoping it completely craps out so I have an excuse to get a decent PC.

Really it's a hard one to put a finger on how it will probably perform on any give hardware due to how oddly both XIII and XIII-2 behaved no matter how strong you PC was. Can;t imagine if there's a preorder discount it's going to be much more than 10% off so probably better to wait and see what the score is with performance first.

I'm curious, should I really ask you about Dragon: The Game?

That's one big can of worms you might be opening there.

hohoXD123

Really it's a hard one to put a finger on how it will probably perform on any give hardware due to how oddly both XIII and XIII-2 behaved no matter how strong you PC was. Can;t imagine if there's a preorder discount it's going to be much more than 10% off so probably better to wait and see what the score is with performance first.

That's one big can of worms you might be opening there.

Yeah I'll probably hold out, not in a rush to play it exactly, worst case I'll just eventually finish it on PS3

sadblob

Humble Bundle has the Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 DLC Pack for $1.18. Includes:
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content1
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content2
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content3
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Histoire Battle Entry
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Peashy Battle Entry
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Plutia Battle Entry

Thanks for the heads-up, got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom