• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice.

I want to gift a game to a friend of mine who lives in France, but I've heard gifting games across regions is a no-no on Steam now. What's the best way to do this?

My friend isn't a gamer and she wouldn't have a Steam account. Sending her money (not even sure how to do that internationally) then giving her instructions on how to set everything up isn't ideal, but is that really the only option?

40 bucks for Helldivers... Better look up some reviews for this thing.
"40 bucks for Helldivers if you want the entirely superfluous DLC packages" would be the more accurate way of putting it.

Why are people excited for ne TMNT game from Platinum? It is Activision funded game and that means low budget release that Platinum took to keep studio alive. Like they did with all Activision published games. It would probably be good game but smaller scale and scope.
Because Transformers was actually surprisingly legit.

Jawmuncher

Need some advice.

I want to gift a game to a friend of mine who lives in France, but I've heard gifting games across regions is a no-no on Steam now. What's the best way to do this?

My friend isn't a gamer and she wouldn't have a Steam account. Sending her money (not even sure how to do that internationally) then giving her instructions on how to set everything up isn't ideal, but is that really the only option?

If you're in the US it won't matter. It's only a issue if you're from a area with lower exchange rates like Russia or South America...
I can gift to SA, but SA can't gift to me if I recall.

Phawx

Hey guys, I believe I read somewhere that Valve was doing away with dailies and that they were encouraging sellers to list the best discount they could.

Was there many games that had discounts altered during the sale?

Jawmuncher

Hey guys, I believe I read somewhere that Valve was doing away with dailies and that they were encouraging sellers to list the best discount they could.

Was there many games that had discounts altered during the sale?

Ubisoft was doing their own thing during the sale.

Soulflarz

Banned
Because i am on your ignore list (for one sentence that i ever wrote about this topic) and you won't probably read this but i am sorry if i offended you in some way with this post. But i have right to write opinion you know :D

Quoting because I believe in forgiveness >___<

225540_screenshots_2015-12-01_00003-640x360.jpg

Dat next-gen graphics feel...

Whoa, SE is really trying to go abstract with JC3, whats next with this new direction?

FloatOn

just heard about the platinum TMNT game

I'm not a super platinum games fan as I think revengence sucked ass but I can't help but get excited about this

If you're in the US it won't matter. It's only a issue if you're from a area with lower exchange rates like Russia or South America...
I can gift to SA, but SA can't gift to me if I recall.

Really? That's good news, I assumed it was on a regional basis. I'm in the US, so I'll give it a shot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because Transformers was actually surprisingly legit.

It really was, although I think it was a bit overpriced at launch. $50 was a bit high - but I'm happy I was able to pick up my copy over Black Friday for $15. In my opinion, the game would have been a better value at $30. $40 max.

dex3108

I'm sure Nvidia's Game Ready drivers will sort that out. You know the ones being held hostage behind GFE.

I have noticed that only 2.8 version that is in Beta i think locks drivers behind email. With 2.7.x version i can download drivers without email.

Jawmuncher

It really was, although I think it was a bit overpriced at launch. $50 was a bit high - but I'm happy I was able to pick up my copy over Black Friday for $15. In my opinion, the game would have been a better value at $30. $40 max.

Agreed, it really should not have been 50 in the first place.

Sarcasm

Need some advice.

If she doesn't even have a steam account with 5 bucks spent I believe you can't even gift here to begin with.

Also you get a warning and won't be able to gift if the game is locked to your region.

dex3108

Well if TMNT from Platinum is 20-30$ game with decent length, coop and replay value i guess i will be ok with it. But knowing Activision that won't happen. For God sake they charged 60$ for Tony Hawk 5 XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On my drive into work today I saw someone with custom Oregon license plates that said "HECKA"

Jawmuncher

Just Released with a 10% off discount

In a world where humans and youkai coexist, uppity second year shrine maiden student Kaede Yamabuki finds herself in a pinch as the winter recess starts. A pair of strange glasses found in the woods leads her to her toughest challenge yet: falling in love.

Also their other game is 20% off because of the release of this
"For the following two weeks, our other game, Miko Gakkou; Second Year will be available at a 20% discount, so make sure you get both games right now!"

I had the same corrupt textures bug as in the screenshot posted above for JC3...had to download the new Beta drivers for AMD to get it working (if you're on NVIDIA I have no idea)

Turfster

Humble Yogscast bundle
TIER 2: 25$
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Chivalry
  • DEFCON
  • Medieval II
  • Block n Load Platinum DLC
  • Ace of Spades Battle Builder
  • Chronicle: Runescape Legends Closed Beta
  • Gunpoint
  • Torchlight II
  • Tango Fiesta
  • DiscStorm
  • The Weaponographist
  • Elite Dangerous Paint Job

Flandy

Humble Yogscast bundle
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Chivalry
  • DEFCON
  • Medieval II
  • Gunpoint
  • Torchlight II
  • Tango Fiesta
  • DiscStorm
  • The Weaponographist

>$25
lol good luck with that

Lomax

Humble Yogscast bundle
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Chivalry
  • DEFCON
  • Medieval II
  • Gunpoint
  • Torchlight II
  • Tango Fiesta
  • DiscStorm
  • The Weaponographist

I like that they do these bundles, because it shuts up the "oh it's for charity" crowd. No, bundles are for cheap games. Benefiting charity is just a convenient side effect.

Monooboe

Humble Yogscast bundle
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Chivalry
  • DEFCON
  • Medieval II
  • Gunpoint
  • Torchlight II
  • Tango Fiesta
  • DiscStorm
  • The Weaponographist

At least everything goes to charity, so I think it's ok that it's higher. I won't buy it though.XD

Jawmuncher

Yeah indivisible should be making it. Pretty interesting to see that an extension and some indie inclusions can go a long way.

chronomac

Yeah indivisible should be making it. Pretty interesting to see that an extension and some indie inclusions can go a long way.

I didn't know it was already extended once. Still, they've put a ton of work into that campaign and I'm happy they'll get to make the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom