• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The ugly graphics i could deal with but the shooting is so wonky and scanning is suvh an annoying mechanic that I gave up on the game.

Yeah the shooting is pretty weird (at least with controller), I'll try to adjust the sensitivity, see if it helps. I can deal with the scanning though (at least for now)

Nete

First Haul:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Dishonored
Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition
Transistor
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Life is Strange Season Pass (Episodes 2-5)
Door Kickers

I seem to like stealth games

& posting at the bottom of a page

I don't see Invisible, Inc. listed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't know if shackles will see this, but is there a way to change the currency (enhanced steam extension) for the deal prices, historic low, etc.? Or am I blind? My store is in CDN, but I'm in Europe at the moment and everything is in euros. Am I shit out of luck?

Sadly yes, at the moment. We implemented some code to pull a "common currency" between a lot of functions and it's giving us a lot of grief, seemingly because things keep changing on Valve's end (possibly due to the sale? maybe it's temporary?)

Either way, to combat this I'm planning on adding a currency selection override into the settings of the next release, as it seems to mostly be affecting people who aren't located in their account's region.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm buying a lot of old Ubisoft games now, just in case they should get delisted.

Check the discussion forums for them. If the game has a forum where the first page is entirely made of threads complaining about crashes, blackscreens and other issues, assume Ubisoft might remove it.

nbraun80

So will the weekly humble bundle switch in about an hour or is there usually down time between when one ends and the other goes up?

Dsyndrome

Only gripe about FF IX is the garbage last boss that comes out of left field and has nothing to do with the plot. Otherwise it's a great game that I'll be getting down the line, beat it last year and had a blast.

Pachimari

Check the discussion forums for them. If the game has a forum where the first page is entirely made of threads complaining about crashes, blackscreens and other issues, assume Ubisoft might remove it.

Yeah, I'll do. Thanks for suggesting which games might be delisted. I appreciate it.

kurahador

Only gripe about FF IX is the garbage last boss that comes out of left field and has nothing to do with the plot. Otherwise it's a great game that I'll be getting down the line, beat it last year and had a blast.

Said the guy with FF Tactics avatar. :p

Also...almost 2 hours late. Happy new year!!
RIP year of dreams.

Dang, during this sale, I was looking at the Umihara Kawase trilogy bundle, but I didn't think they would get de-listed this quickly after Agatsuma's announcement. Oh well, hopefully someone picks them up and re-releases them.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite game in the HF2 series (it's a steam gift). edit: This is EPISODE 1.

ModBot said:
Instructions for thesaucetastic:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Half-Life 2: Episode One -- MB-012E17DEF8195053 - Taken by texhnolyze. 8 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Half-Life 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1451595693z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My new year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

But why?, That was one of the interesting things about the game, you should give it a try...

Fully agree. People really should learn to embrace the RTS in Brütal Legend, because it is really good. Some quirks in the controls unfortunately, but there aren't many other games where you can start by ordering troops around while flying, descend down to jump on a car and run goth people over with it, jump of it and summon a burning zeppelin down on others with a guitar riff, and then finish up people with an axe/guitarr hack&slash combo.

There's no reason whatsoever for anyone interested in Brütal Legend to not buy it for €1.49. :)

Jazz573

I got an email about this so I thought I'd share it:

Bunnygirl Metroidvania, Rabi-Ribi, from Taiwanese indie dev CreSpirit, is coming to Steam next year courtesy of SekaiProject.

Website
Greenlight page

It actually looks pretty nice. Nice to see SP branching out from VNs, although it's not the first time, but it does look better than most of the non-VN games they've localized. Although, Reverse x Reverse looked decent.

jshackles

jshackles, no.

Well, it is. Last year it was 2560 x 1440 which I'm now rocking for my main gaming monitor.

In 2016 I think I'll be going 4k, but probably on my TV (which my PC is also connected to). I got an Nvidia Shield TV "console" which is great and is 4k compatible, though not much of my content is yet.

I'm planning on buying a new graphics card in 2016 that will help push that many pixels.

RedFury

Happy new year gaf still 12 more hours for me. I highly recommend a steam controller. It got in earlier than expected so I got to play with it a little before I leave town. I fell in love with it almost instantly (the moment I realized how to hold it "right"). The haptic feed back and customizability are awesome.

Sch1sm

Happy new year gaf still 12 more hours for me. I highly recommend a steam controller. It got in earlier than expected so I got to play with it a little before I leave town. I fell in love with it almost instantly (the moment I realized how to hold it "right"). The haptic feed back and customizability are awesome.

Now if only it was great outside of BPM.

Then I'd maybe buy, ...but as it is I have 360/DS3/One/DS4 pads lying around.

Had some Humble keys leftover and decided to try this ModBot out, hope I didn't mess anything up. If you have any issues with any of the keys just message me. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (William Bonney, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-CAE569A1ED548A61 - Taken by neonglow. 16 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F97772ABFB9C444E - Taken by shockdude. 4 entrants total.
Front Mission Evolved -- MB-A835587F045F1149 - Taken by pahamrick. 14 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-66456DA030DE5E96 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Just Cause Collection -- MB-7E7400310D49A36B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
Yosumin -- MB-B6CBC53A694404BB - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-B727DE55A9B000BF - Taken by AtomskEater. 1 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-0728BFCB8C87EC65 - Taken by Polishin8r. 1 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-8F13ECA9D0873303 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 2 entrants total.
Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-BA5A5E51A6A3FC17 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-4BACD0B591B19A87 - Taken by Baha. 4 entrants total.
Gyromancer -- MB-8BCB9F10BC497EB7 - Taken by Knurek. 3 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs -- MB-6263BB41C50DD748 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition -- MB-0EF1EBB82E283F30 - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.

t1451596353z1.png

Pachimari

I got all the Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon and Tony Hawk HD games. Alos the Prince of Persia reboot, just to be sure if they delist them tomorrow. I gotta look for more games that might be delisted.

The Alien Breed games get kinda repetitive huh? still looks like a lot of fun though. whatever happened to Alien Swarm? why didnt they ever follow that up? future plans for it?

Valve probably didn't find a way to add hats in game.

... hats ... could have been traded and seen in-game ..... i kinda miss TF2 .... its been years. game got a lil wacky though ... going to play some alien swarm tonigth. dont think i ever finished it. going to finish it tonight.

Tizoc

Right now I realized I don't have PoP Forgotten Sands. It is $5 on Steam despite featuring Uplay, I still want it. Gamersgate has it cheaper but apparently that one has Tages? Guess it not letting me buy or add it to my cart is a sign :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom