• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Ah yes, complaining about 2016 games not going on deep discount during 2016 holiday sales. I can't wait either!

I didn't complain? And have never complained.

Almost sure you said that a few months ago

I did, and it didn't work out this year. All I'm saying was a little comment, that I won't buy any more games next year, and of course it's a goal I intend on keeping. And yes it can fail again next year, but at least, I'll try harder next year, and that makes me happy.

And then I bow down when Rise of the Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy IX comes around, lol. Hopefully I can withstand it, as I will be going through the Final Fantasy series anyway.

Deques

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Smooth Operators -- MB-89F827C588211944 - Taken by flipping_heck

Jazz573

you're really late on this

image.php

Dsyndrome

Broke down and got Scholar of the First Sin so if I ever want to play it again, it'll be the definitive version, and so I have all the Souls games except Demon's on PC. For the holiday sale, got more than I planned:

Aviary Attorney
DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin
Invisible, Inc. + Contingency Plan Bundle
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
Half-Life 1 Anthology
Far Cry 4 Gold
Costume Quest 1 & 2 Bundle
Remember Me: Combo Lab Pack DLC
Kidnapped
Remember Me
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Season 1
Nevermind
Double Fine Adventure! Complete Series
Why Am I Dead At Sea
SatelliteReign Deluxe Edition
Tembo The Badass Elephant

STEAM | January 2016 - We're Treating This One Like A Perma

I caved on Darkest Dungeon. Have been wanting to check it out for a little while. I could do a write-up for it, but I think that would be best reserved for someone who has played it through its development to provide input on what's changed, why it's better or worse now, that kind of thing.

The art style is great.

And now I'm considering getting ARK just for my brother so I can family share it with him. You know, 'cause that +1. I personally don't have the patience or time for survival games, even ones that look interesting, have dinos and doesn't afraid of anything.

Speaking of family sharing, what do I need to know beyond the basic FAQ that Valve put together? If my brother, who is in the military, gets stationed somewhere abroad, does this impact family sharing in anyway?

delSai

I'm no PC gamer, only played a F2P game every now and then, but this winter sale actually does a good job of kinda pulling me to the PC side lol. I'll still play mainly on consoles, but i will definitely play on PC a lot more now. I only bought the Lethal League 4Pack, but i'm already making a list of games that i'll buy during this sale lol.

Thinking of getting either

Shovel Knight
Kero Blaster
Grandia II

Already played Grandia II on PS2, and while I'm not exactly the biggest Grandia fan I think I wouldn't mind replaying it, especially since they've apparently added a Hard mode.

Jazz573

Thinking of getting either

Shovel Knight
Kero Blaster
Grandia II

Already played Grandia II on PS2, and while I'm not exactly the biggest Grandia fan I think I wouldn't mind replaying it, especially since they've apparently added a Hard mode.

Kero Blaster. It's from Pixel, who made Cave Story. It has a frog with a gun. That's right. A FROG WITH A GUN.

A tiny bang before the end.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-40AB01EA7FF4861D - Taken by ascully

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Total is $91.

24064245606_8bdb13839a_b.jpg

... wanted to keep my purchasing this year under $100. Pretty happy with this pick-up. I probably won't play the other Dead Islands for a long while, but for 80% off, I doubt they'll ever be cheaper. Seems like a good time to jump in.

Thoughts? Any I should absolutely avoid?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hero Prinny, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-D29D1BAC997522B7 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 143 entrants total.

t1451596049z1.png

R3TRODYCE

I think I'm done with the sale now. I enjoyed this years a lot more than I expected to.

I grabbed

Door Kickers
Killer is Dead
Lumino City
Car Mechanic Simulator 2015
Guns, Gore and Cannoli
The Long Dark
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Released
Besiege
Party Hard
Euro Fishing
This War of Mine
Elite: Dangerous
Subnautica
Postal 2
HuniePop
Watch_Dogs
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Papers, Please
Transistor
Absolute Drift
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Leo's Fortune
The Masterplan
Not a Hero
Saints Row 2
12 is Better Than 6
Shelter 1
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Hardland
Lakeview Cabin Collection
Unrest
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Papo & Yo
Dark Echo

Ophiuchus

Happy New Year Gaf !

I am tempting to buy The Beginner's Guide.I loved Stanley Parable (narrator's voice esp) and reviews seem to be very good (for some it was goty).What are your thoughts?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of William Bonney, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (William Bonney, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition -- MB-CAE569A1ED548A61 - Taken by neonglow. 16 entrants total.
Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F97772ABFB9C444E - Taken by shockdude. 4 entrants total.
Front Mission Evolved -- MB-A835587F045F1149 - Taken by pahamrick. 14 entrants total.
The Novelist -- MB-66456DA030DE5E96 - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Just Cause Collection -- MB-7E7400310D49A36B - Taken by ThirtyFour. 8 entrants total.
Yosumin -- MB-B6CBC53A694404BB - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-B727DE55A9B000BF - Taken by AtomskEater. 1 entrants total.
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-0728BFCB8C87EC65 - Taken by Polishin8r. 1 entrants total.

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-8F13ECA9D0873303 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 2 entrants total.
Zafehouse: Diaries -- MB-BA5A5E51A6A3FC17 - Taken by kurahador. 1 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-4BACD0B591B19A87 - Taken by Baha. 4 entrants total.
Gyromancer -- MB-8BCB9F10BC497EB7 - Taken by Knurek. 3 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs -- MB-6263BB41C50DD748 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution - Elite Edition -- MB-0EF1EBB82E283F30 - Taken by WinterDemons. 5 entrants total.

t1451596353z1.png

Lomax

Total is $91.

24064245606_8bdb13839a_b.jpg

... wanted to keep my purchasing this year under $100. Pretty happy with this pick-up. I probably won't play the other Dead Islands for a long while, but for 80% off, I doubt they'll ever be cheaper. Seems like a good time to jump in.

Thoughts? Any I should absolutely avoid?

Nothing good has ever been said about escape dead island. Definitely not worth $4.

Man, I'm conflicted on whether or not I want to get a Steam controller or some games I want, I kind of think I should wait on the Steam controller until some of the bugs have been worked out but I don't know. Thinking about SOMA and maybe Rebel Galaxy?

final repost, good luck to those who entered!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Undertale -- MB-D29D1BAC997522B7 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 143 entrants total.

t1451596049z1.png

chronomac

The updated Final Fantasy Steam list, if IX hits soon:
  • Final Fantasy I
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
    [*]Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years​
    [*]Final Fantasy V
    [*]Final Fantasy VI
    [*]Final Fantasy VII

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII​
  • Final Fantasy VIII
    [*]Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2​
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings​
  • Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Type-0​
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV
How do I make blockquote like chronomac did in his list?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186836093&postcount=18852
You use the INDENT tag.

Caffeine

lets see here so far I got from steam
Ys Origin, 1 & 2, VI, evoland 1 & 2
Lightning returns , final fantasy VI
dirt 3, project cars, grid autosport
oceanhorn, agarest zero, agarest 2, legend of heroes fc, & Mugen Souls

Jazz573

The updated Final Fantasy Steam list, if IX hits soon:
  • Final Fantasy I
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
    [*]Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years​
    [*]Final Fantasy V
    [*]Final Fantasy VI
    [*]Final Fantasy VII

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII​
  • Final Fantasy VIII
    [*]Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2​
  • Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings​
  • Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Type-0​
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV

Type-0 is not really related to XIII anymore. Also why no Tactics??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom