• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounds cool

i thought it was just a vn

i'm way off this morning

It's far from being just a VN. You move through full 3D environments in first person to interact with other characters and check out the different areas, trials are kinda like Ace Attourney but much better paced and exciting imo, there are several different mini-games constantly being thrown at the player so there's a lot of interactivity.
Story is batshit insane but in a good and hilarious way and you'll really want to know what happens next.
The game is seriously awesome.

Ludens

Banned
Wow, I just got really caught up in Yakuza 4 on PS3. That wasn't expected or planned. I just wanted to check out the intro cutscene but that easily led to me wanting more and more and eventually playing it for a few hours. I wonder if there's really any chance for the series to come to Steam.

I think there is (the console exclusive thing about Yakuza 0, remember?).
Also 0 is a good starting point, so Sega should catch the train, and proposing after that Yakuza 1 Remake and, possibily, a remake of Yakuza 2.
After that, they only need to port 3-5 and the two spin.off, they should be easy to port, because the engine is the same of Binary Domain (excluding Yakuza 6).

Jawmuncher

Indies still haven't for the most part, stepped up to the sort of games I want. I'm not the biggest guy when it comes to classic games styles. Though there are exceptions. The B budget type games from studios (the rare amount that get made now) are usually what appeal to me most.

Yukiko best girl, come at me.

I'll atleast agree with this. However if we include P4A it's Labrys.

Knurek

Indeed.

Not really. Small state space + massive number of instances = mindless repetition.

Worst thing about Persona 3 and 4 are the randomized dungeon designs.

It's not a good randomizer. Not even a decent one. All the layouts are pretty much the same, neither is memorable and the actual crawling gets really, really boring less than a fourth into the game.

Every SMT game should have dungeons like Labyrinth of Amala or Eridanus Zone

Jawmuncher

Worst thing about Persona 3 and 4 are the randomized dungeon designs.

It's not a good randomizer. Not even a decent one. All the layouts are pretty much the same, neither is memorable and the actual crawling gets really, really boring less than a fourth into the game.

Every SMT game should have dungeons like Labyrinth of Amala or Eridanus Zone

I don't even count the RPG stuff when comparing the games. They're both pretty weak.

Just pre-ordered The Division for a beta key.
going to cancel after the beta

MFW Uplay friends list

uPp4R86.gif

MFW looking at my Uplay library

uPp4R86.gif

MFW Ubisoft's output the last ~decade

uPp4R86.gif

MFW not being apart of the AAA demographic anymore

giphy.gif
I've done this for uPlay betas and then still never bothered to play them lol

The Crew was shit.

Pachimari

I think there is (the console exclusive thing about Yakuza 0, remember?).
Also 0 is a good starting point, so Sega should catch the train, and proposing after that Yakuza 1 Remake and, possibily, a remake of Yakuza 2.
After that, they only need to port 3-5 and the two spin.off, they should be easy to port, because the engine is the same of Binary Domain (excluding Yakuza 6).

They should localize the Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection. And then just port Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. I can wait on 6 and 0.

Man, Amazon Support rejected me. Didn't want to give me a The Division beta code, because I'm not located in America, so I cancelled my order.

Dr Dogg

I really, really want the beta to come out so I can at least talk about The Multiplication. Not that I imagine that many Ubi reps skulk around here or can put two and two together and tie me to my Uplay account but better safe than sorry. But yeah I've got a big list of pros and cons so far.

I'll go with Innocent Sin since that's the only one I've seen footage of and it looked interesting.

Even though EP had a western release for a while I actually ended up playing IS first when it got a PSP release due to Atlus forgetting either Europe exists or that there's been a health console RPG market here for flipping ages. At the point I knew the Persona series was a thing I felt it was a tad late to be importing a rather expensive PS One game. Thankfully I saw the error of my ways and snagged it on PSN, US PSN that is...

Grief.exe

Never heard about this only NA stuff. Did what Ive always done, buying games with an US address. Worked so far perfectly.

Hence the initial question.

I really, really want the beta to come out so I can at least talk about The Multiplication. Not that I imagine that many Ubi reps skulk around here or can put two and two together and tie me to my Uplay account but better safe than sorry. But yeah I've got a big list of pros and cons so far.

I actually put in for the Beta OT, so we will have discussions in there.

Ludens

Banned
They should localize the Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection. And then just port Yakuza 3, 4 and 5. I can wait on 6 and 0.

Man, Amazon Support rejected me. Didn't want to give me a The Division beta code, because I'm not located in America, so I cancelled my order.

Umh, no. Sega didn't localize Yauza 1+2 HD for US/EU (even if they could simply release it on PSN and using PS2 translations), porting the old ones when there's a remake coming doesn't make sense. If they'll spend money on localizing something, they'll translate Kiwami.

Pachimari

Umh, no. Sega didn't localize Yauza 1+2 HD for US/EU (even if they could simply release it on PSN and using PS2 translations), porting the old ones when there's a remake coming doesn't make sense. If they'll spend money on localizing something, they'll translate Kiwami.

I know they didn't localize 1+2 HD, which is why I would love for them, to localize them this time. Simple ports of the PS2 versions would be fine as well, as they are already translated.

Teggy

I need to play XCOM but all I want to do is play DD. I had this game forever on PS+, I should have played it. I guess I wouldn't have had friend pawns, though.

gelf

Pretty good Bundle Stars for me today, even with these leftovers.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Town of Salem -- MB-A687B43A37BDD709 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-961CD1A9EB344ECB - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Silence of the Sleep -- MB-280F1DB38A08050D - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.

t1453138920z1.png

Annubis

Guys guys guys! (and girls girls girls!)
We need to stop all this random ass port begging
and concentrate our efforts on Resonance of Fate begging.

Yukiko best girl, come at me.

Chihiro is best girl.
They had to give her a cameo in 4 because otherwise the game would have tanked hard.
;)

7-6i6xkZdl.jpg

they're probably porting sonic boom since lost world sold like shit
"Due to low sales of Sanic we are no longer developing PC games. Sorry."
It didn't help that the majority questioned the port more than anything. I'm guessing they thought it would sell a lot. But considering it hasn't been on a decent sale yet, it might still work out for them.
It also doesn't help that the first game released after Sonic Boom was the game that had all the hate prior.

Also what's stopping them from releasing something like Sonic Heroes on PC, I'd buy it. Been wanting to replay for a while but don't have a GameCube copy anymore.

Jawmuncher

Minus the port market being a bit over "It's japanese i'm going to get it", ports now need to be stuff people are actually clamoring for if they're selling for 29.99 or more. If it's 20 or less it puts it into more of the impulse buy territory. Which I think helped VC out a lot.

Minus the port market being a bit over "It's japanese i'm going to get it", ports now need to be stuff people are actually clamoring for if they're selling for 29.99 or more. If it's 20 or less it puts it into more of the impulse buy territory. Which I think helped VC out a lot.
$30 was probably a terrible price for Sonic, yeah. Had it been one of the better received Sonic games it may have gotten a pass.

Then again I think something like Colors can't charge $30 easily because there wouldn't be a performance boost besides resolution I think.

Jawmuncher

looks like one of the games where it's really clunky but probably worth trying for a few bucks, like kingdom of amalur except more linear

is it on sale somewhere

No DON'T PLEASE.
It's not a good game. It is literally just fighting enemies in corridors and big rooms the entire time. It's very unimpressive even in co-op. The only cool part about it is the ending twist.
I beat the game on 360 and wouldn't want anyone to waste their time or money on it.

Shadownet

Banned
No DON'T PLEASE.
It's not a good game. It is literally just fighting enemies in corridors and big rooms the entire time. It's very unimpressive even in co-op. The only cool part about it is the ending twist.
I beat the game on 360 and wouldn't want anyone to waste their time or money on it.

Damn I've never seen Jaw actively telling people not to buy a game so passionately. It must be shit tier.

I don't know I first saw the game like 3 years ago when I was still working at gamestop and thought the cover art looks interesting. I'll listen to you then.

Anteater

No DON'T PLEASE.

yeah I want to try it but I expect a game that's similar as you described

so i'd recommend getting dragon's dogma and making a fabulous character like myself

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There are several games being hyped in this thread all the times.
You mean to say you don't care about Danganronpa and Xcom2 and Dragon Dogma and Final Fantasy 9 and Oxenfree and Ori?
Maybe you don't like games anymore? just a thought

on more serious note, I'm not that much into hype myself, but sometimes it can't be helped.

The only game that interests me there is DD and I have no answer whether it's FPS locked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom