• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Garbage Day (EA)

fLYijEd.jpg

Damn I've never seen Jaw actively telling people not to buy a game so passionately. It must be shit tier.

I don't know I first saw the game like 3 years ago when I was still working at gamestop and thought the cover art looks interesting. I'll listen to you then.

If you don't believe Jaw, how about the developer's own words?

"Hunted was doomed from the start. We had to jump through hoops every 60 days to "prove" we could do it or our company was going to be shut down. Nothing wonderful can come from being managed like that. I wasn't even able to focus test the game to get feedback. We didn't have control over many aspects and the whole situation became untenable. This kind of situation happens more than you know to developers in this industry"

http://www.neowin.net/news/interview-inxiles-brian-fargo-on-wasteland-2

Turfster

Daily Tabletop Simulator 50% off
Weeklong discounts not updated yet on the overview, click through

Humble Winter Sale BYOB Daedalic
Publisher buttons are gone, sales seem to continue.

Pachimari

I have found out that I really love starting up new games all the time. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VII, Oxenfree, Life Is Strange, Resident Evil: HD Remastered, Undertale and now Yakuza 4. Really annoying that I can't stay focused.

Ibuki

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ibuki, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe Sandbox -- MB-A2442650569178E0 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-394B8263B63D1BCB - Taken by spindoctor. 5 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-9B29112246827F74 - Taken by Shalashaska. 13 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-83A828482679AFE5 - Taken by Jack The Nipper. 6 entrants total.

t1453151280z1.png

Leftovers from the new Bundle Stars! Enjoy

May I recommend ittle dew? It's super cheap on the humble store. It's a short 2D Zelda clone with an emphasis on puzzle solving. There are multiple paths you can take to beat the game, and personally I really liked the parodistic humor.

I have found out that I really love starting up new games all the time. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy VII, Oxenfree, Life Is Strange, Resident Evil: HD Remastered, Undertale and now Yakuza 4. Really annoying that I can't stay focused.
Thankfully REmaster is a short game if you know where you're going ;)

Arthea

That Daedalic deal has Anna's Quest (steam key) cheapest it has been ever, if you don't have another 4 games, unfortunately for me, I have.

edited: Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal too, so that's two cheapest ever games

MUnited83

For you.
Who recommended Suits in here again? Damn random battles are annoying as shit >_<
And I'm getting a bad feeling that the game requires some fair grinding (I'm already getting through boss battles by the skin of my teeth and using lots of items after about an hour of playtime).

Random battles and grinding are like 2 death knells for any RPG for me.

k, that's pretty fair anyway

Uh, you know you can escape any battle right? And the game doesn't really require grind except for a certain part where the difficulty spikes, and even then it's just 10 minutes of grinding which is hardly unreasonable.

Anteater

oh man re0 is reviewing as bad as it's originally released
what am i going to do?
some professional reviewer should tell me whether to buy this 20 dollar game or not

they should tell me whether I'm actually interested in the game or not omg

Lomax

Transistor Collectible Figure 34.99 (Ships Worldwide)
http://store.supergiantgames.com/products/transistor-collectible-figure
*This figure is part of a limited run available only while supplies last.*
She's about 6 inches high, SGG told me on twitter. In the US with shipping you're looking at 40.99 total for her.
CZBZHQJUkAA8qEP.png

Honestly, I think this figure is terrible. Not that the figure itself looks bad, but compared to the art style of the game the face is completely wrong, and the entire style of it is just, soft? I'm not really sure how to put what I'm thinking but the one thing I loved the most about Transistor was the art design and this doesn't capture that whatsoever. It's like if a different artist was doing an interpretation of the character in their own style, which isn't at all what I'd want out of official merchandise.

Edit: compare to this image:

It's like they did a figure for some kid's cartoon interpretation of that.

AHA-Lambda

Uh, you know you can escape any battle right? And the game doesn't really require grind except for a certain part where the difficulty spikes, and even then it's just 10 minutes of grinding which is hardly unreasonable.

No I didn't know that ._.

Where's the option for that?

Uzzy

Transistor Collectible Figure 34.99 (Ships Worldwide)
http://store.supergiantgames.com/products/transistor-collectible-figure
*This figure is part of a limited run available only while supplies last.*
She's about 6 inches high, SGG told me on twitter. In the US with shipping you're looking at 40.99 total for her.
CZBZHQJUkAA8qEP.png

Yeah.. that looks kinda bad. When I saw the words 'Transistor Collectible Figure' I was already mentally hitting the purchase button, but I think I'll save my cash.

Such a shame.

I really, really want the beta to come out so I can at least talk about The Multiplication. Not that I imagine that many Ubi reps skulk around here or can put two and two together and tie me to my Uplay account but better safe than sorry. But yeah I've got a big list of pros and cons so far.

....Which list is longer?

Anteater

So I'm trying to use Shadowplay for the first time ever. Am I doing something wrong? Because it's not recording when I'm playing DDDA.

it's like ps4's recording i think? you press a shortcut to record the last 5mins, or you can press whenever you could using a shortcut

kurahador

Honestly, I think this figure is terrible. Not that the figure itself looks bad, but compared to the art style of the game the face is completely wrong, and the entire style of it is just, soft? I'm not really sure how to put what I'm thinking but the one thing I loved the most about Transistor was the art design and this doesn't capture that whatsoever. It's like if a different artist was doing an interpretation of the character in their own style, which isn't at all what I'd want out of official merchandise.
Edit: compare to this image:
It's like they did a figure for some kid's cartoon interpretation of that.

Because figure like that would cost you around $250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom