• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Off topic, but is anyone having trouble with xbox live today? Seems to be troubles connecting...

Also off topic: Looks like @NeoGAFShitPosts is back.

Nzyme32

That sounds rough. You're off the tracks for so long? Damn. Is that "wound" so deep or what's the reason? Anyway, get well soon, man.

Yeah pretty much can't do anything physical. Crohn's disease is really weird and very little is understood about it, but it's pretty much anywhere in you digestive tact (from mouth to anus (lol)) can have weird immune responses, swell up or essentially tear itself apart. Fistulation is also common, where tunnels develop from somewhere in the tract that has these weird responses and pierces random tissues or organs. The wound is really deep and they don't stitch it, they leave it open and stuff it with a packing material to force healing to occur from the inside in order to prevent the issue recurring. The first few weeks of changing that daily, are ridiculously painful, but its gotta be done unfortunately. And thanks again

This is sad.

I don't have a lot of cash coming in right now and I really need to watch my spending. I know that if I pick up FF XIII at launch, it'll probably sit in my backlog for months before I get around to playing it. If I wait, it'll end up going on sale sooner rather than later. I know this. There's also the Winter Seal to think about.

So why am I sitting here idling cards and thinking things like, "If I can bring down the price to $5 with card money, that's not so bad, right?" and "If there's a lot of day one sales, Square will see there's a demand for stuff like this on PC, so maybe I ought to do it to show support"?

I have a problem, don't I? : (

I'm in the same boat. I should be watching my spending but there's so many good games coming out right around this time. Between preorders and purchases I'm probably spending way more than I should lately.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of AHA-Lambda, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-E87CF8DB85BE047D - Taken by Scipius. 126 entrants total.

t1411163367z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Zeliard pls

Do your magic with this thread title

MadGear

Anyone that wants to play as a mage pretty much needs to download mods to not be completely gimped.

What mods do you have in mind? Besides visual enhancements and Immersive Armors and Weapons i really only use SkyUI and this one Favorite Menu Mod (quickly switching between spells would be a nightmare otherwise). I don't really want mods that would screw with the balance of the game.

I think this is a somewhat disingenuous and pejorative dismissal. Destiny does have its fair share of flaws and questionable design decisions but the core gameplay--the gunplay and moment to moment combat design--does have some merit. For my money I'd say Destiny is kind of in a similar position to Diablo 3 vanilla. With some serious iterating and substantive patches Destiny could be made into a better gameplay experience just like Diablo 3 was with Loot 2.0. But much like Diablo 3 I don't think there's any saving the narrative experience.

I was just responding to someone who was talking about how much traction the Destiny threads have. From what i played of Destiny, it's core is competent and its art direction is second to none. It's just the part where everything else is half baked and poorly thought out, along with it apparently being thin on content that kinda stinks.

Doesn't change what i think of bungie/halo fanboys, though. Those folks give the force.net people a run for their money.

Monooboe

Haha been trying to get some of the playfire achivements for Train Simulator 2015... spent an hour trying to get the train to move haha, didn't find a guide for the newer trains and all I managed was filling the train with people and get some warnings beeping.XD I give up...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Good point, I was overgeneralizing about the maximum available output resolution of a PS1.

Turns out that all three PS1 era Final Fantasy games were rendered in 320 x 224.
To be fair it's easy to get confused thanks to the TVs we used back then, I only remember because in retrospective the fact that the N64 Expansion Pak enabled "High Resolution" modes which were only 640x480 is totally hilarious.

Yeah, that one! I knew it wasn't exactly 320x240, couldn't remember exactly which one it was :)

Ps2 was 640x480, right?
PSX, N64 and Saturn supported it too, but few games used it (VF2 ran an insane resolution for the time for example) due to lack horsepower or willingness to push the systems.

Asgaro

For anyone who wants to (try to) up their Avg. Game Completion Rate stat on their Steam profile, should consider The Room ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/288160 ).
(Mine went up from 32% to 33%)

It's a short puzzle game where you have to open boxes via all sorts of mechanics.
There are only 5 chapters and each chapter gives you an achievement.
Difficulty: it's not too hard. It's a port of a smartphone game so as you can imagine they don't make it mindblowing hard so that you would have to consult walkthroughs.

Edit: and as one can see, it has cards.

theroom.PNG

At € 4.99 it's perhaps a bit overpriced at the moment, but I'm just putting the word out.

For anyone who wants to (try to) up their Avg. Game Completion Rate stat on their Steam profile, should consider The Room ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/288160 ).
(Mine went up from 32% to 33%)

It's a short puzzle game where you have to open boxes via all sorts of mechanics.
There are only 5 chapters and each chapter gives you an achievement.
Difficulty: it's not too hard. It's a port of a smartphone game so as you can imagine they don't make it mindblowing hard so that you would have to consult walkthroughs.

Edit: and as one can see, it has cards.

theroom.PNG

At € 4.99 it's perhaps a bit overpriced at the moment, but I'm just putting the word out.

Good to know. As someone with little time to play, games like this are a blessing at the office.

I was playing another two that are relatively easy to clear: Pixel Puzzles Japan and Bardbarian. Although the latter took me a bit to figure out how to clear the final boss on insane. It's not too hard.

Annubis

What mods do you have in mind? Besides visual enhancements and Immersive Armors and Weapons i really only use SkyUI and this one Favorite Menu Mod (quickly switching between spells would be a nightmare otherwise). I don't really want mods that would screw with the balance of the game.

This is the one I used:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2275

You can read what it does in the main page.

Overall it makes your skill more important, dual casting interesting (in vanilla it's almost detrimental) and mana cost is more balanced.

Ahh okay. You guys are just giving us your trash then, eh?! Jk :p

You're welcome. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (electroflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Receiver #6 -- MB-313F9F97FB002BDA - Taken by Nivash. 1 entrants total.
Receiver #5 -- MB-A4F451FD67D1481A - Taken by efyu_lemonardo. 1 entrants total.
Receiver #4 -- MB-D5B85B5D8F032217 - Taken by aurelioking. 1 entrants total.
Receiver #3 -- MB-8B65D5CAF3C756FA - Taken by Nostremitus. 2 entrants total.
Receiver #2 -- MB-575872341C589B9D - Taken by iqubal. 1 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane -- MB-2E33FDD9035769C6
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #8 -- MB-7119E2376870BE42 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Receiver -- MB-29F148E0D598760F - Taken by MillionStabs. 2 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #4 -- MB-775B8B945A34474E - Taken by Blizniak. 2 entrants total.
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #5 -- MB-C1B7090AB636799E
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #6 -- MB-8B399DB4D26104DE
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #7 -- MB-076886DACC9082F3
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #2 -- MB-90F30309BC082F22
Warlock: Master of the Arcane #3 -- MB-B69D7380BF9192B9

t1411162531z1.png

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-2F0561C45EB6B4C9 - Taken by louiedog. 12 entrants total.

t1411172491z1.png

Why not wait to see?

I am not confident in Squeen's porting abilities.

I dunno, the Eidos and such side of things has been pretty well done overall recently I'd say. If Square were a smart company, then they'd be using those people who worked on the ports of stuff like Sleeping Dogs to assist with this. But that relies on Square being smart, so fuck knows.

L.O.R.D

happy new thread every one

so, this kid just showed up and start begging me for TF2 keys

2okPRvI.jpg

toMCdLO.jpg

i don't know what i say , he still waiting

fantomena

Will upload a video tommorrow which includes my opinions for The Waste Land, Great Permutator and Guilty Gear #X2 Reloaded. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom