• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September II 2014 - Ride the Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker

I don't know about the quality of the FFXIII port, but the system requirements on the Steam page are more than reasonable.

Koren

Yeah pretty much can't do anything physical. Crohn's disease is really weird and very little is understood about it, but it's pretty much anywhere in you digestive tact (from mouth to anus (lol)) can have weird immune responses, swell up or essentially tear itself apart. Fistulation is also common, where tunnels develop from somewhere in the tract that has these weird responses and pierces random tissues or organs. The wound is really deep and they don't stitch it, they leave it open and stuff it with a packing material to force healing to occur from the inside in order to prevent the issue recurring. The first few weeks of changing that daily, are ridiculously painful, but its gotta be done unfortunately. And thanks again
I wish you the best...

I've known several people suffering from Crohn's disease, and I know how you can feel lost when you don't have an idea on how it'll evolve in the coming month/years. If that can be of any confort, a close friend who had enough problems with Crohn to need surgery attention haven't had any problem for two years now. I hope you'll be able to get rid of it too, as soon as possible.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Gauntlets out next tuesday isn't it ? Really looking forward to that, all the footage I've seen makes it looks like a nice distilled bit of ARPG action (without so much the RPG bits)

Yeah pretty much can't do anything physical. Crohn's disease is really weird and very little is understood about it, but it's pretty much anywhere in you digestive tact (from mouth to anus (lol)) can have weird immune responses, swell up or essentially tear itself apart. Fistulation is also common, where tunnels develop from somewhere in the tract that has these weird responses and pierces random tissues or organs. The wound is really deep and they don't stitch it, they leave it open and stuff it with a packing material to force healing to occur from the inside in order to prevent the issue recurring. The first few weeks of changing that daily, are ridiculously painful, but its gotta be done unfortunately. And thanks again

Wish you all the best dude, I know Crohns disease ain't no fuckin joke.

Chaos17

happy new thread every one

so, this kid just showed up and start begging me for TF2 keys

2okPRvI.jpg

toMCdLO.jpg

i don't know what i say , he still waiting

Ignore him ?

Can anyone recommend some games with that 90's, dark pre-rendered realism look like Diablo II, Five Nights at Freddie's, and Donkey Kong Country 2?

Axass

I got some cool stuff from the giveaways and want to give back, it's not much though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Axass:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Axass, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Papers Please -- MB-2AB7A3B2B4CC1194 - Taken by Helmholtz. 23 entrants total.

t1411173990z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Tell him to cut his hair and mow some lawns or something

Oreoleo

Today I transcended to the next level of Steam-hood.

With FF13 being announced, I was going through my wishlist making sure I'd added all the other FF games since they've been releasing on a semi-regular basis lately and I wasn't sure I'd been keeping up. I was surprised that somehow I hadn't wish listed FF8 yet since it was the first FF I played and holds a certain sentimentality for me. I went to the store page and to my utter shock there was the big "play" icon staring back at me. "You already own this game." I couldn't believe it. For the first time, I'd forgotten that I already owned a certain game on Steam.

Was weird, man.

tmarg

Tell him to cut his hair and mow some lawns or something

I don't think it's really worth it to interact with steam scammers/moochers at all. Just block them and move on. You probably aren't going to convince them to turn their lives around with your clever retort.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is Arkham Origins getting a GotY edition or not? The $7.50 price is tempting, but there was rumors of it getting a GotY edition which is why I've held off on previous sales but dunno if I should wait. :/

tmarg

Is Arkham Origins getting a GotY edition or not? The $7.50 price is tempting, but there was rumors of it getting a GotY edition which is why I've held off on previous sales but dunno if I should wait. :/

The other two have, I don't know why this one wouldn't.

Nzyme32

I wish you the best...

I've known several people suffering from Crohn's disease, and I know how you can feel lost when you don't have an idea on how it'll evolve in the coming month/years. If that can be of any confort, a close friend who had enough problems with Crohn to need surgery attention haven't had any problem for two years now. I hope you'll be able to get rid of it too, as soon as possible.

Wish you all the best dude, I know Crohns disease ain't no fuckin joke.

Teared up a little. Thanks for the kind words

Chariot

I like the photoshop someone posted in the previous thread about the Batman AO Game of the OK edition.

Edit: Found it.
Hahaha, aww, I liked the game despite it's flaws. Its by no means Jesus, but its quite alright. Just not as good as the other Arkham games.

L.O.R.D

hmmm , steam is acting weird

suddenly , the store turned to Russian

hHvL5pg.jpg

and i am not even running any proxy or VPN

steam client still in US $ format

Chariot

Did you click a link that had cc=ru inside of it? That happened to me when some guy posted the russian pirate game.

lukiluk

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lukiluk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Space Hack -- MB-73CFA8D9A45997FD - Taken by TheMadMan007
form bundlestar

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
happy new thread every one

so, this kid just showed up and start begging me for TF2 keys

2okPRvI.jpg

toMCdLO.jpg

i don't know what i say , he still waiting

Tell him if he wants the cosmetic items he can play the game for drops, get a real job, or since he's twelve beg his parents who have to listen to him; instead of bothering strangers with his begging.

hHvL5pg.jpg

On the upper right hand side is a drop down menu that allows you to change the store front language.

Asgaro

Wow, my completion rate is at 47% and I always feel like that's crummy. Maybe because it's not 50%.

Haha. You should feel satisfied: 40+% is something you rarely see.
I'm also aiming for 40+.

---

I was just reading up on a thread where people request a Steam Wishlist Import feature for howlongtobeat.com: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/forum.php?&thread=104&page=1

Someone in that thread is developing a new stat tracking website.
I know there are already a bunch but I think it's worth mentioning here:

http://www.completionator.com/

completionator.PNG

---

Also, to JSHACKLES:

This post would be of particular interest to you (second page in that thread):

howlongtobeatthread.PNG

Asgaro

hHvL5pg.jpg

Happened for me as well since a few hours ago.

It's due to Enhanced Steam since it doesn't happen when running in Incognito Mode (= disables all extensions) or in IE.

Using the "Clear cached data" button at the top doesn't make a difference.

L.O.R.D

Tell him if he wants the cosmetic items he can play the game for drops, get a real job, or since he's twelve beg his parents who have to listen to him; instead of bothering strangers with his begging.

On the upper right hand side is a drop down menu that allows you to change the store front language.

the Angela is still in English
i wonder what will happen if i buy a free region games now
i don't use VPN...sooo ?

Tellaerin

Ouch, man. : ( Hope you mend fast. Sending positive energy your way.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, to JSHACKLES:

This post would be of particular interest to you (second page in that thread):

howlongtobeatthread.PNG

I've contacted the creators of HLTB several times but I haven't ever got a response.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of milena87, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (milena87, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-13DA0CEB996A8041 - Taken by Asgaro. 47 entrants total.

t1411168893z1.png

GaussTek

Lol, I also clicked the ru Link from Jase.

What I did to get back to normal was deleting the Steam related cookies from my browser.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Solar Flux -- MB-645BC572072145C8 - Taken by gaiadyne

Li Kao

Fistulation is also common, where tunnels develop from somewhere in the tract that has these weird responses and pierces random tissues or organs. The wound is really deep and they don't stitch it, they leave it open and stuff it with a packing material to force healing to occur from the inside in order to prevent the issue recurring. The first few weeks of changing that daily, are ridiculously painful, but its gotta be done unfortunately. And thanks again

Wh-what ? I was not impatient to see mine treated, but now I'm terrified.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Kifimbo

Spare:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deadly 30 -- MB-ECA4C50D91FBC6E2 - Taken by GaussTek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom