• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

//ARCANUM

Hey all, need help! Just installed SFV on PC and it won't launch. I click play in Steam and nothing happens. I navigate to the actual game file and double click it, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Edit - and the only antivirus I'm running is malwarebytes and Windows defender

Nvm, lol. Had to add it as an exception in Windows defender. Dumb.

While I think most of the characters featured in the story are returning as playable ones, I don't think having voices for them (sans maybe Oro) is indicative of whether or not they'll return. Hiring voice actors for a few lines is like dirt cheap (I remember us talking about this during the strike).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204282075]New tier list. Pretty sure it's perfect and thus inarguable.

riseupcss5h.png

Well I know for a fact that sLP xx V trigger is +4 unless I'm a crazy person. I've tried a few times to go jab into a medium and it didn't work, but sLK does. Maybe the Tokido combo was a counter hit?[/QUOTE]
I have a hard time seeing how Birdie is below Alex, Laura, Vega and Guile, but it's an okay list otherwise. He is probably the best grappler in the game imo.

SmokeMaxX

Birdie is trash. I think most top players agree on that. I mean, that doesn't mean he's unplayable or can't win, but he has a very hard time in this game.
Character archetypes he loses to: fast characters, characters with a projectile, grapplers.
Characters he beats clearly: bison?

Why he sucks: slow, fairly free on wakeup, hard to open up opponent, hard to have momentum since it's hard to get oki with him, struggles against zoners, has to commit too hard, hard to confirm into a combo without being in the opponents face. He's godlike at low level though because he does big damage very easily.

Obviously not the worst char in the game, but either bottom 5 or very close to it.

Edgeward

Game is fucking broken for me, last didn't want to launch, Virus protector was blocking it after all these F N months, it works now, go into training mode runs smooth mess around turn on match making my FPS go from 60 to 15-20, turn off MM goes back to normal, game is allowed in my Firewall, i turned my firewall still getting the FPS drop, i Verified the cache, i reinstalled my graphic drivers shit still broken, i give up, close to hitting uninstall...

Edit: my other games work fine i am playing GW2 as i typed this..

Add the exe to your exclusions list on your AV or windows defender for launching problems.

qcf x2

Birdie is high tier online though. GL reacting to those ex dives. "Stupid, ain'tcha?" ....yes, yes, apparently I am.

Necalli is also bumped up half a tier online for similar reasons. His command grab is tough to react to.

To the Karin players, what is her best follow up from a HK CC? The opponent is too far back to do her medium attacks.

Birdie is high tier online though. GL reacting to those ex dives. "Stupid, ain'tcha?" ....yes, yes, apparently I am.

Necalli is also bumped up half a tier online for similar reasons. His command grab is tough to react to.

To the Karin players, what is her best follow up from a HK CC? The opponent is too far back to do her medium attacks.

slightly move forward and HP > combo.

Moaradin

From max range: V Skill.

If you're kinda close, walk forward a tiny bit and do s.HP combos.

Xeteh

You can always spot the Cammy players because they will almost always call her low tier or being too high on someone's list

I take offense! I think Cammy is good, I'm the one that sucks.

All of EG in top 8 at Toryuken... cept that scrub KBrad. God damnit.

Exr

This game is fucked. Online is garbage, set it to look for 5 bars and I get garbage laggy matches. Takes a long time to find matches. Random menu lag and blackouts. Everything aside from the gameplay is a total joke, wish they would just port SF2 or 3 with good net code to PS4.

Zissou

That's every character.

I feel like Cammy doesn't have any strong gimmicks, so the results you get with her really reflect your own fundamentals as a player. I mean every character has gimmicks that can get some wins, but they become ineffective against more seasoned players. Like hooligan shenanigans only work at really low level play, whereas some other characters like Birdie, Fang, Sim, etc. can get wins with gimmicks/tactics that will stay effective longer.

Okay, I really need some help GAF. I'm burning out. My chun-li is decent (well, not really), but i'm at a point where I'm not quite sure how to improve in certain areas and i could really use a good coach for about an hour with a mic. Anybody available who is willing to show me some how to properly play Chun? The Mic part is actually really important as I'd love to discuss...

CFN: BlackbanditSho
PSN: sakinnuso

mbpm1

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204315492]vega[/QUOTE]

yeah thats pretty bad

but if all else fails: rely on counterhit st. hk into big damage and you might have a chance

then again thats like 90% of necalli matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom