• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I'd like it to be selectable like Supers in 3rd Strike and Ultras in SSF4 and beyond. I want some strategy to be applied as to which V Trigger you should select.

And I really like Gunslinger's idea of another V Skill. Maybe the V Skill will be tied to the V Trigger. Lets just say Ryu 2nd V Trigger is transforming into Evil Ryu and his V Skill is his axe kick from SF4 which lets him link into his other normals on hit. But he loses his V Skill parry and no longer gets a damage buff and stun ability on his Super in Evil Ryu mode because it's no longer a Denjin Hadoken.

Hey Haunts, if you're still here and listening then please pass this idea to the Japanese dev team ok?

yeah man maybe give characters a new v skill and trigger to help their weakness. Give defensive buff but they lose the offensive benefits of the other v-trigger and vice versa. Will change how each character approach certain matchups.

Basically, he gets Necalli's v trigger than?

Pretty much. Not an original idea but I was just in a hurry to think of something. Maybe just simply giving him back his donkey kick as a V skill would be a pretty good idea. Maybe you can charge it up like other V skills and get a wall bounce. I think that would be a pretty cool idea. Not sure what his V Trigger would be to compliment that though.

kirblar

This + appearing in the story mode doesn't mean someone's going to be playable, unless you want Shiny Butterfly for S2.
a) It's not the sort of tease you do for something you don't plan on implementing
b) modders will put him in regardless (see: Decapre) so if you're going to do him, you might as well put in a non-boss version.

Shadoken

Gill is better off as a Boss character. No point changing his moves and balancing him so that he becomes a playable character. He NEEDS to be an OP version of Urien.

BlizzKrut

Banned
a) It's not the sort of tease you do for something you don't plan on implementing
b) modders will put him in regardless (see: Decapre) so if you're going to do him, you might as well put in a non-boss version.

It's not really a tease, it's a reference to SFIII, it appeases fans and gives some backstory to Kolin (Helen), doesn't mean it's a thing to look out to on SFV.

Hutchie

I am up for alternate supers but only if we dont need to select them. As for alternate v-skills/triggers they would need to be done carefully to avoid them becoming redundant

kasane

lmao now im back at it again. Game is still crashing for me but not too much now, problem now is just my stick sometimes completely stops working and i have to use my keyboard to make it rework.

overall im enjoying the game better now

If you folks are right, I think SF5 is a completely dead game.

The user base is not surviving 4 months of bug fixes.

This is genuinely hilarious to me. Street Fighter IV lasted FOUR YEARS between AE and Ultra without any new characters and 1 big balance change. But yeah, 4 months and the game is done.

I hope they never do multiple V-Triggers. I don't think it would add anything to the game and I prefer the mechanic to be unique to each character. Supers would be fine but have them be selectable like 3S.

Pompadour

I hope they never do multiple V-Triggers. I don't think it would add anything to the game and I prefer the mechanic to be unique to each character. Supers would be fine but have them be selectable like 3S.

Yeah, it makes more sense to save that sort of thing for new characters. Extra CAs might not happen is that's pretty animation intensive (player animation AND unique opponent animation) and they gave us 4 "projectile" style supers for the 6 DLC characters which tells me they might be on a reduced budget.

That's the real bummer about this game's lower budget. I'm confident we will get support for SFV for a long time but I doubt we'll get the extraneous flourishes like different animations for blocked heavies for DLC characters here on out. Anything that's expensive yet not immediately noticeable is first on the chopping block.

That's also why I'm worried about stage transitions. They aren't necessary.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Yeah, it makes more sense to save that sort of thing for new characters. Extra CAs might not happen is that's pretty animation intensive (player animation AND unique opponent animation) and they gave us 4 "projectile" style supers for the 6 DLC characters which tells me they might be on a reduced budget.

That's the real bummer about this game's lower budget. I'm confident we will get support for SFV for a long time but I doubt we'll get the extraneous flourishes like different animations for blocked heavies for DLC characters here on out. Anything that's expensive yet not immediately noticeable is first on the chopping block.

That's also why I'm worried about stage transitions. They aren't necessary.

You mean 3 no? Urien isn't a projectile style super.

Yeah... but to be fair I'd rather they didn't bring it back at all.
I can do without Viper for a season or two, too :p

I would also prefer to leave it in the dust. It made for too much rago shit in SFIV and became a major crutch for people. Much prefer the game the way it is plus Capcom have designed this game to be more punishing for that type of playstyle so I don't see FADC coming back unless it's in a majorly powered down form.

im not sure what took my longer, this fight or karin's trial 6

Guys, trying to play smart against a lvl7/8 cpu isn't going to get you anywhere, just spam the fking mp/mk and let them walk into it.

No need to overexert yourselves when the thing reads inputs.

Pompadour

You mean 3 no? Urien isn't a projectile style super.

I put "projectile" in quotes because I'm referring to supers that don't go into a canned animation which typically are projectile supers. Balrog's is a 1 hit punch and Urien's doesn't switch to a unique camera angle on hit (unless I'm misremembering).

Honestly not too bothered about cinematic animation supers. You see them once and they're cool but then they just get super boring timer scammers.

Pompadour

Honestly not too bothered about cinematic animation supers. You see them once and they're cool but then they just get super boring timer scammers.

The timer should always pause during cinematics or count down to zero but the match won't be decided until the super ends. Timer scamming is anti-hype.

I'm also happy the cinematic supers are much shorter in SFV. A lot of Ultras were the character's super just twice as long and big. Guile's super is 2 flashkicks? His Ultra is 3.

i'm cool with quick flashy supers. guile is perfect here.

Another good thing about these "projectile" supers is they make the animation wind up before the super is active is way longer and more dramatic. Guile's and Balrog's are good examples of this.

3S nailed all the stylistic stuff
alex_hugo_intro.gif

If FChamp's slip of the tongue earlier this year is correct, a 2nd v-system selection per character is coming next year.

Top Bottom