• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Ketch

Question for other guiles in the thread:

b.hp has turned into my go to CC and meaty setup, but I don't know what to follow it up with.

In general I just find it hard to apply pressure as guile.

I don't want to jump in all the time, but I also don't just want to hold down/back after scoring a knockdown.

Shadoken

In general I just find it hard to apply pressure as guile.

I don't want to jump in all the time, but I also don't just want to hold down/back after scoring a knockdown.

Might not be the advice your are looking for but sometimes just reseting the situation to neutral or improving positioning after a KD isnt all that bad. You dont HAVE to pressure every time.

Because sometimes you go in then get Vreversald or DPd and then you are in a really bad spot. And swing the momentum to the opponents side.

Ketch

Might not be the advice your are looking for but sometimes just reseting the situation to neutral or improving positioning after a KD isnt all that bad. You dont HAVE to pressure every time.

Because sometimes you go in then get Vreversald or DPd and then you are in a really bad spot. And swing the momentum to the opponents side.

Yea, but it's still an important tool to have and I don't want to jump in.

Ketch

Wouldnt you be able to meaty Sonic boom on their wakeup and then walk in to continue pressure? The boom would also cover you if they try to DP.

Yea. I guess I already do that fairly often. I guess the real answer is just that I need to continue practicing anti airs, because boom pressure leads to them jumping and if I'm only 50/50 on anti airs then it actually takes away from the boom pressure.

Shadoken

Yea. I guess I already do that fairly often. I guess the real answer is just that I need to continue practicing anti airs, because boom pressure leads to them jumping and if I'm only 50/50 on anti airs then it actually takes away from the boom pressure.

My advice is to look at your replays and then see which Sonic boom they jumped over. Thats how you can see your own fireball pattern. Then just replace that sonic boom with a bait like a LP or MP and watch them jump.

Its hard to AA on reaction 100% in this game , so you need to set the tone with some baited and predictable jumps.

Coda

My advice is to look at your replays and then see which Sonic boom they jumped over. Thats how you can see your own fireball pattern. Then just replace that sonic boom with a bait like a LP or MP and watch them jump.

Its hard to AA on reaction 100% in this game , so you need to set the tone with some baited and predictable jumps.

I've been getting better with using R. Mika's Wingless Airplane to punish jump ins and neutral jumps. Took me a while to train my brain to react to these jump ins and neutral jumps. It has improved my game in a mega way though.

Exr

Urien plays well in story mode...his crouch mk poke was great and I might be mis remembering but I think it was special cancellable? Headbutt whiff to throw also seemed viable so I was happy with Urien.

Coda

What's the text book way to avoid being grabbed by Vega during his Flying Barcelona Attack? Is it dashing?

I've always struggled with this, I think it depends on the character. As Mika if I can guess early I just jump back drop kick to stop the attempt. If I can't react in time I think a really well timed anti-air should work.

what are the problems? its been perfectly fine for me for a while now

To you but playing at a high level is frustrating. Mike-Z already talked about how poor the game handles syncing both players.

giphy.gif

And no M.Bison's sweep was not far enough to be safe in this gif.

To you but playing at a high level is frustrating. Mike-Z already talked about how poor the game handles syncing both players.

giphy.gif

I don't understand this Gif. It just looks like Gief didn't punish fast enough. Isn't that the 8 frame delay in effect? He would have had to hit LP 8 frames before the punish window appeared to get the punish, plus anything else for the online latency.

I don't think the gif shows anything meaningful though because we can't know how delayed the player was with the button press. However, it doesn't look like there was any excessive lag occuring, otherwise Gief would have probably got a false-hit confirm and then rolled back to a state where Bison had escaped.

Ketch

Thanks. I will do this.

Pompadour

giphy.gif

It would be more interesting if that was compared side-by-side with the replay video. As I understand it, the replay is generated by the command inputs so it would show what happened to cause that to whiff even if on his screen the throw looked like it definitely shouldn't whiff.

All I get from this is "that looks weird but the problem could be a few different things."

Vice

Anyone have some R. Mika resources for learning. Already have a sense of basic anti-airs and what buttons to use where, for the most part, but want some more in-depth knowledge.Trying to figure out use for cr.medium kick.

Fitts

PC players: what are some essential mods I should check out? I just double dipped on SFV. I'm not interested in anything that may get my account banned.

Hyun Sai

Oh shit, that was you? I knew I recognized that name. I'm sorry man, you caught in the middle of a bad streak. I was salty and just wanted to keep playing and beating somebody. Sorry about that man.

No problem, shit happens ! I got really lucky in the last rounds, I felt bad lol.

No problem, shit happens ! I got really lucky in the last rounds, I felt bad lol.

I don't even remember our match to be honest. My lost to you was just one of several in that bad streak so I just wanted to keep going and start winning again to make myself feel better lol.

And now I'm looking at Fighter Replay, but "Casual Matches" refuses to load. Which character did you play anyways?

Hyun Sai

I don't even remember our match to be honest. My lost to you was just one of several in that bad streak so I just wanted to keep going and start winning again to make myself feel better lol.

And now I'm looking at Fighter Replay, but "Casual Matches" refuses to load. Which character did you play anyways?

It was Guile, you won the first match and I won the following two.

Shadoken

probably safer to do it this way than release OP DLC characters that mess up the balance of the game during the year.

Yea even SFIV was like this , With the exception of SF4: AE. The new characters in the iteration were usually mid to low tier. Then during the next revision some of them shot up to high tier. Cammy,Fei were ok in SFIV then they became Top tier in Super.

When Season 2 DLC drops you will see these S1 chars be really strong.

It would be more interesting if that was compared side-by-side with the replay video. As I understand it, the replay is generated by the command inputs so it would show what happened to cause that to whiff even if on his screen the throw looked like it definitely shouldn't whiff.

All I get from this is "that looks weird but the problem could be a few different things."

If only viewing replays works. But I already made a gif simulating what happened online.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

But he was to close to escape the throw. And the grab animated started before he could recover to back dash. Sweeps are like -12 on block.

Coda

Guys, can I get banned if I use cosmetic mods like skins?

I just bought the PC version of the game last week and have a costume mod for R. Mika and haven't had any problems. I think they'd only crack down on people using mods that manipulate getting Fight Money in an easier fashion such as the 1 round survival mode mod (which doesn't even work anymore).

heringer

No, as long as they're not enabled using CheatEngine or anything like that. if it's a .pak it's probably safe.

I just bought the PC version of the game last week and have a costume mod for R. Mika and haven't had any problems. I think they'd only crack down on people using mods that manipulate getting Fight Money in an easier fashion such as the 1 round survival mode mod (which doesn't even work anymore).

No confirmed cases of that happening as far as I know

I mean, one would think Capcom would try to block that considering someone could just rip the premium costumes they sell and mod into their games.

Flash as Rashid and Deadpool as Ken is just too good to resist.

Top Bottom