• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Girls und Panzer is apparently collaborating with the Ibaraki Airport for a tourist promotion

There's gonna be a stamp rally, err... life sized carboard tanks, life sized character panels and large posters. The event lasts from 9/9 to 10/31. I expect pics of ponpo beside a tank and sexhair girl.

Why cant the US have nice things like this?

zeroshiki

There's only one choice on that list. lol

If you are talking about shoujo that isn't shoujo-shoujo, then I suppose you can throw in Aishiteru Baby or Usagi Drop or Hana Yori Dango.

I said recent :p I was thinking of the standard boy meets girl shoujo but you're right Usagi Drop should count. Shame on me.

If we extend it back a couple years, we get Aishiteruze Baby and hmm... Bokura ga Ita.

Branduil

Nichibros 7

iUtFldENLIsKW.jpg

i0zvn1ZFGndcO.jpg

:Key

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've been aggressively trying to stereotype your voice since you brought this up and I should have experience from hanging around 亚洲人 all day long, but no success. Don't sweat it!
I blame it on being Canadian. lol
No, it specifically has to be romantic shoujo. I know, I rolled my eyes too. But she's Taiwanese, so can you really blame her?
Shouldn't she have an infinite number of bad Tdramas to entertain her? lol
I suppose she must have seen the anime to Taiwan drama adaptations then? Skip Beat, Itazura na Kiss, Hayate no Gotoku, Hana Kimi, and so on.

I guess Kimi ni Todoke is the best shoujo to watch. But there's really no where to go from there. Also, there's the HiyoKoi OVA which basically was a test of Kimi ni Todoke, but it's not really remarkable for anything else other than that.

(also, Say I Love You is good :p)

Branduil

I blame it on being Canadian. lol

Shouldn't she have an infinite number of bad Tdramas to entertain her? lol
I suppose she must have seen the anime to Taiwan drama adaptations then? Skip Beat, Itazura na Kiss, Hayate no Gotoku, Hana Kimi, and so on.

I guess Kimi ni Todoke is the best shoujo to watch. But there's really no where to go from there. Also, there's the HiyoKoi OVA which basically was a test of Kimi ni Todoke, but it's not really remarkable for anything else other than that.

(also, Say I Love You is good :p)

Maybe she doesn't like bad live-action.

Future Diary 1- 4

So I finally decided to give this a whirl. I thought so before I even watched the show but it became even more apparent after doing so but some of the character designs don't make sense in the context of show. Like we have normal looking people standing right next to clowns and chibis. For a show that takes itself seriously it seems a little off putting.

Also is it ever explained why Yuno wants Yuki's D so badly? Is this something that is played straight or is it an ironic commentary on the fact that only an actual psyhcopath would be so romantically interested in a wet blanket of a person who goes out of their way to sequester themselves from the rest of the world?

Why yuno loves yuki ? It's going to be explained ...but later .
The show has a perfectly valid reason for yuno actions.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12

Usagi spends the day with Minako, and bonding happened.

Tuxedo Mask finds out his real identity, the way Zoizite said it makes me think of how the manga did it. Kunzite will finally get involved, but how they said one of the 4 Dark kings, I guess this is how they plan to extend it.

Also based Venus appeared.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe she doesn't like bad live-action.
Shoujo becomes Live Action because only sad nerds buy anime. lol

I mean, even Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover got tons of live action adaptations. Ouran got a live action... and I wouldn't be surprised if Wallflower also got a live action.

Branduil

I mean, even Nodame Cantabile and Honey and Clover got tons of live action adaptations. Ouran got a live action... and I wouldn't be surprised if Wallflower also got a live action.

Nerds watch anime, non-nerds watch live-action to ogle the pop star actors, LOL.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 12

Usagi spends the day with Minako, and bonding happened.

Tuxedo Mask finds out his real identity, the way Kunzite said it makes me think of how the manga did it. Kunzite will finally get involved, but how they said one of the 4 Dark kings, I guess this is how they plan to extend it.

Also based Venus appeared.
You mean Zoicite.

Narag

Daitarn 3 - 17

3jwE401l.png

banjo is such a damn pimp

Hilarious ep. Show is so good when it's in no-fucks-given mode.
Well, it did serious up at the end that resulted in some character development. The show does the tragic hero thing pretty good too. When it's not either of those though it runs into trouble.

zeroshiki

It did. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge was a drama a couple of years ago.

zeroshiki

Guaranteed bank. I almost wonder if the KnT movie is the sole reason why the KnT anime got a BD release.

lol

I am almost sure that the Nodame Cantabile anime got greenlighted for Noitamina because of the massive popularity of the live action franchise (1 series + 2 specials + 2 movies)

BluWacky

I am almost sure that the Nodame Cantabile anime got greenlighted for Noitamina because of the massive popularity of the live action franchise (1 series + 2 specials + 2 movies)

That would be an enormously fast turn around - the anime started airing about two weeks after the drama ended. I think it had been in the planning stages for longer than that, personally.

zeroshiki

That would be an enormously fast turn around - the anime started airing about two weeks after the drama ended. I think it had been in the planning stages for longer than that, personally.

The drama was a big hit the moment it started. That could have motivated them to push the anime forward. I'm not familiar with anime production schedules so I can't say for certain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom