• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Sailor Moon Crystal 1&2
I'm enjoying it, but before even reading a ton in this thread found myself wondering "Is this new animation or is it just edited and newly translated". The art is pretty bad in most cases. Such a shame. With that being said, both episodes actually held my attention and had ok music and fun stories.. But man.. that art..

Fate/stay night 1-7
I looked to see what was up with all of the Fate adaptations/alternates/etc. Most agree that FSN is awful and to just go to FZ. I haven't seen much sentiment one way or the other for FK. I decided to say screw the haters and start at FSN. Glad I did. Don't really get the hate other than "haters gonna hate". Art is serviceable enough. Story is pretty trope-heavy but not nail bitingly bad.. On a scale of 1-10 this is a solid 6. Slightly better than totally average but not much. Still at episode 7 probably worth the remaining 5 hours to get through the rest of it.

WataMote 1-6
Ok, so this one I am struggling to get through. I am largely among those who find this more disturbing than humorous. I relate a bit to what she goes through, and on that level the series is like 90% dramatic/10% humor to me. Don't get me wrong. Everything about this show is amazingly and expertly done.. I get the regard for it without question. But yeah, it's basically 25 minutes of watching poor Tomoko struggle every episode with social anxiety and panic attacks as she just tries to get by day to day. Will slowly make my way through it, but definitely get turned off watching back to back episodes.

Knights of Sidonia 1-12
As gorgeous as the animation in general is, I wanted this to be better than it was. They copped out on too many mecha fights IMHO using the BSG "shakey cam pulled back" approach.. and 12 episodes was nowhere near enough to capture the epic intent of the story. But for what WAS there, pretty much all top notch. Just didn't feel like there was enough of it.

Chariot

Was it really that bad? I can't remember. Then again, I had...a thing for ecchi anime at that time.
I honestly don't know anymore, it't already been a few years. All that is left is the pain I felt while watching and finishing the show.

No Game No Life

Finished it this morning. Really liked the show a lot, between the gorgeous art style and the colors I was hooked into watching this show regardless. Loved the humor and story, really hoping for a second season or a movie. So glad I preordered that Shiro figure.
Brother. (although Jibril rules all)

TUSR

Banned
No Game No Life

Finished it this morning. Really liked the show a lot, between the gorgeous art style and the colors I was hooked into watching this show regardless. Loved the humor and story, really hoping for a second season or a movie. So glad I preordered that Shiro figure.

Materialization Shiritori was amazing and Jibril was best girl.

Akame Ga Kill 4

Awesome battle between Akame and the execution guy. Very enjoyable will for sure pick up the manga once the anime finishes airing.

Akame ga Kill 4
Sort of cool fight between Akame and Zank but, it's really lacking substance everywhere else.
Don't worry whenever the show wants substance they'll show you another grimdark scene of like a homeless boy getting his fanny smacked by a whip of a man who is missing his eyes because his wife was murdered in front of him and he clawed them out. Of course with flashback scene and everything we need to be reminded how edgy this world is.

I seem to be slipping. Top 15? Pathetic.

Also I can't take certain peoples impressions of shows seriously when they say they leave the room while the show is playing.

I'm afraid to ask, but after those OVAs, I didn't watch the anime. So... Where did the anime start and stop? I've read the manga, so you won't spoil anything for me.

It started
when he just met Eba after moving to his house. And it ended when he broke up with Azuka. That fucker made me so mad even in the manga when he did that.

Were only 4 weeks into the new anime season. We weren't going slow. We blasted through that last OT. Probably in record time too.

It wasn't. It reignited my love for anime. :D

I think of AnimeGAF the same way I think of Rotten Tomatoes.... A collection of people who don't like anything.

Oh snap! Ready to throw down I see. (Some people give off this impression but they like their own thing)

I haven't made the wall of shame in several threads. Gotta step up my game.

Maybe you should watch bet me again. :p

That was the last time you got on Wall of Shame.

cajunator

Banned
No Game No Life

EHEHEHEEHEHEHEHEEE
Glad you liked the show. It was incredibly fun it was!

I've only ever dropped 2 series's. I don't plan on making that list grow.

most impressive!

Elfen Lied 08

Seriously fuck this show. We get dialogue gems like the one above but then the sick fuckers who wrote this show decide to have children beat a dog to death to be edgy. Never have I finished an episode of anime where I have been so angry to what I had just witnessed. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

You've watched School Days so you've already seen real pain!

But watching Elfen Lied right after I pure torture. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself. Your mind won't be right after this show.

But yes, this was a very frustrating show to watch back when I saw it. It's sooooo bad.

cajunator

Banned
god i should watch something today

Me toooo.
Now Im done with my Dads computer and lceaned up. Heading back to my house with my new anime loot and Im gonna unbox Tsurugi Yagami so yall can see how ridiculously cute she is.

Materialization Shiritori was amazing and Jibril was best girl.

All of the above is truth.

I seem to be slipping. Top 15? Pathetic.

Also I can't take certain peoples impressions of shows seriously when they say they leave the room while the show is playing.

I dont understand that either. It might take me three hours to watch an episode, but at least I WATCH it lol.

I end up liking most anime I watch. So I do drop anime, but the vast majority of shows I watch I finish or go back and finish later.

For some reason I get the feeling you had more fun making this post than watching those shows.

That's how it was for me. I never saw it coming.

Gurren Lagann - 17

So this turned out to be another anime with a timeskip. Simon seems to be the same except for less/no whining. Nia seems to have learned nothing over the past 7 years. Rossiu seems to be plotting something secretly as he apparently doesn't like the way things are being done. Yoko is gone and wasn't given an explanation on where she went; she will be back though.

Of course the millionth human is born and the Spiral King's warning wasn't a lie. The only one able to do anything against the Moon Monster was Simon, and that just ended up destroying the city. Nia is also taken over by the Moon Power, probably because she is the daughter of the Spiral King. The series has taken a big turn. Now instead of fighting for freedom, they are fighting for their lives.

Gettin' into the good stuff. :)

I don't even know why I watch. I'm a lost soul.

I don't know if I could push through these shows if I wasn't making posts about them.

Don't know why people are punishing themselves with School Days. My sanity and soul broke a little with that show............

Gurren Lagann - 18

Okay, this settles it. I REALLY hate timeskip Rossiu. On the opposite end, i do like the new ending.

I do to. I felt there was no redemption for him.

Knights of Sidonia 1-12
As gorgeous as the animation in general is, I wanted this to be better than it was. They copped out on too many mecha fights IMHO using the BSG "shakey cam pulled back" approach.. and 12 episodes was nowhere near enough to capture the epic intent of the story. But for what WAS there, pretty much all top notch. Just didn't feel like there was enough of it.

Well, there is a second season in fall, so it's not over yet.

The List is about unexpected joy, not misery.

This is a lie. School Days caused nothing but horror and misery. Laughter at how stupid the MC was at first but horror by the end.

Speaking of The List, the whole point was to find titles that you could laugh at, not run around the room screaming.

Again you have failed me here. :(

Yama no Susume 2-3

Why was I never allowed to climb mountains when I was their age?

Is that Maka from Soul Eater? :p

cajunator

Banned
That's how it was for me. I never saw it coming.

Gettin' into the good stuff. :)

Don't know why people are punishing themselves with School Days. My sanity and soul broke a little with that show............

I do to. I felt there was no redemption for him.

Punishment? I just bought School Days on DVD finally. Its a TREAT :D

Zetsuen no Tempest 13

Or the first half of that anyways.

I'm really no sure what to say about the pacing of this show anymore.
For roughly 70mins (3 + 1/2 episodes) the main characters stood in the same location, moving at best a few meters/switch positions.

Now there's all the mind games going on and it's staged like a grand tragedy and what not but... it still felt like a huge drag in the end.

I lost enough interest to not even continue the show for an entire day. Now I finally told myself to keep going, after all I must be near the (first?) climax!

And then, after some short intro to the episode, Mahiro goes on a 12min recap of the show... really?

These last ~8-10mins better be good...

Yeah I remember the recap episode. Felt like it came out of nowhere (and didn't feel needed). Plot should be moving forward very soon. It gets pretty good too.

Or... do you want me to romantically desire her? I tell you, she is a bad waifu.I want cajun in my harem together with you and Sabre. :<

Wow. Your going for complete domination here huh?

VRMN

He ain't a hater it's the truth.
Eba is really the worst girl.
I ragequit the manga until it had finished outright and never watched the anime after
Haruto dumped Asuka
. Even with Megumi Nakajima, one of my favorites, voicing Eba, I never quite forgave the character even if the story was ultimately interesting.

Jesus what's with all the pages.

New thread time. I love the smell of a new thread in the mornin'!

I dont understand that either. It might take me three hours to watch an episode, but at least I WATCH it lol.

That's what I mean. I can't take anyone seriously when they say that. Especially when it's a show they claim is "so bad" or "so boring". It's like "mofo you didn't even watch the episode! You watched like the first two minutes and walked out at the OP!"

Punishment? I just bought School Days on DVD finally. Its a TREAT :D

That show was made to make people mad throughout the show and then lose their souls at the end. It was made by Satan. I am convinced of that. ;P

Not enough otinment in the Soul Eater universe for that burn.

Lol.

WataMote 1-6
Ok, so this one I am struggling to get through. I am largely among those who find this more disturbing than humorous. I relate a bit to what she goes through, and on that level the series is like 90% dramatic/10% humor to me. Don't get me wrong. Everything about this show is amazingly and expertly done.. I get the regard for it without question. But yeah, it's basically 25 minutes of watching poor Tomoko struggle every episode with social anxiety and panic attacks as she just tries to get by day to day. Will slowly make my way through it, but definitely get turned off watching back to back episodes.

WataMote is basically a good OP and a single funny moment in the entire show. The rest of it is just seething anger at how Tomoko continually fails and never improves over the course of the entire show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom