• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Still would like to know the reason behind the lack of Isaac. Even as just a trophy. Despite Golden Sun getting a new music track.

Cool, thanks. Still need to unlock all of those...

Yeah, I don't get why Isaac had to be removed from even being an Assist Trophy. Golden Sun might be niche, but he would fit well as even a playable character.

Yeah, it was completely weird that Isaac just disappeared from Assist Trophy and Trophy section. I don't think he would become playable character through DLC tho.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm saying my For Glory win percentage is 56%, and Shamrock's probably over 90% (?)

For Glory Win Ratio doesn't mean anything to me. Besides I stopped playing FG a long time ago. I have more fun and learn more through fighting people here on GAF.

I would do FG more if they had a ranking system.

That said my win ratio would go from 80% to 60% to 90% to 50%. Because of the difference of skill between several opponents.

Neoxon

Yeah, I feel like DLC is the perfect avenue through which to distribute scrapped content. I'm sure that a number of developers worked considerably hard to create the characters and stages that ultimately didn't make it into the final game, so DLC would be a great way to ensure their hard work wasn't all for naught. Plus, Rhythm Heaven in Smash would be perfection. <3 <3 <3
This guy gets it. I can understand 2-3 months to complete, debug, & balance Mewtwo, but 5? Something has to be up, unless Mewtwo is coming with the Miiverse stage & some of the extra modes.

I'm saying my For Glory win percentage is 56%, and Shamrock's probably over 90% (?)

lol, my win rate's 75% because all I do is pick Mac in For Glory. I'm sure Shamrock has a high winrate, but it doesn't mean much when some of the guys in For Glory are worse than the weakest guy in SmashGAF.

I need a real Zelda main, Vena!

For Glory Win Ratio doesn't mean anything to me. Besides I stopped playing FG a long time ago. I have more fun and learn more through fighting people here on GAF.

I would do FG more if they had a ranking system.

That said my win ratio would go from 80% to 60% to 90% to 50%. Because of the difference of skill between several opponents.

Speaking of, I don't think we've played before! Would you wanna play a few now? :)

lol, my win rate's 75% because all I do is pick Mac in For Glory. I'm sure Shamrock has a high winrate, but it doesn't mean much when some of the guys in For Glory are worse than the weakest guy in SmashGAF.

Statistics says random samples are good at determining relative quantities, but I could go into the qualitative differences if you want...

Masked Man

I said wow
This guy gets it. I can understand 2-3 months to complete, debug, & balance Mewtwo, but 5? Something has to be up, unless Mewtwo is coming with the Miiverse stage & some of the extra modes.

Well, given the way other content has been announced, created, and distributed *coughMK8DLCcough*, I think it's safe to say Mewtwo has been in development for a while. I don't believe the "we just started" stuff for a second, nor do I believe that the team has no plans for DLC outside of Mewtwo. While I would agree that Mewtwo will likely come alongside updates for Miiverse and Tournament mode, I highly doubt he'll be the only DLC character we see for Sm4sh.

Vena

Well, given the way other content has been announced, created, and distributed *coughMK8DLCcough*, I think it's safe to say Mewtwo has been in development for a while. I don't believe the "we just started" stuff for a second, nor do I believe that the team has no plans for DLC outside of Mewtwo. While I would agree that Mewtwo will likely come alongside updates for Miiverse and Tournament mode, I highly doubt he'll be the only DLC character we see for Sm4sh.

Huh? I thought the MK8 DLC was later, I mean it took them a while to get it out.

Neoxon

And I firmly believe that the Rhythm Heaven rep is among those DLC characters. Possibly Dixie Kong as well if Spainkiller's source is to be believed.

cV40DPg.png

This, this is much better.

Masked Man

I said wow
Huh? I thought the MK8 DLC was later, I mean it took them a while to get it out.

Hm... Well, the game was released May 2014, and both DLC packs were announced in August, exactly three months after release. The first pack came out in November, so I would imagine they finished development and completed the master in mid-September or so. At minimum, it would have taken them three-or-so months to develop all of that--assuming, that is, the team began development after the game's release. Sakurai's "we have no plans for developing or releasing premium DLC at this time" is the phrase that gets me. He could easily just dismiss the possibility wholesale, but he doesn't--and that's what sticks out the most.

And I firmly believe that the Rhythm Heaven rep is among those DLC characters. Possibly Dixie Kong as well if Spainkiller's source is to be believed.

Yeah, the fact that Spainkiller's source saw moving models of all four characters is what leads me to believe he's probably right--and that Sakurai's claim that the team "only just began working on Mewtwo" is pretty disingenuous. Neither Dixie nor Chorus Kids would fit as stage hazards (in my mind, at least), so I think it's fair to assume we'll be playing as them soon enough. :)

Neoxon

Yeah, the fact that Spainkiller's source saw moving models of all four characters is what leads me to believe he's probably right--and that Sakurai's claim that the team "only just began working on Mewtwo" is pretty disingenuous. Neither Dixie nor Chorus Kids would fit as stage hazards (in my mind, at least), so I think it's fair to assume we'll be playing as them soon enough. :)
For now, it's more of a question if Sakurai will wrap up his work on those two & release them. I'd also like to see that Rhythm Heaven stage be realized, more so since it'd give us a treasure trove of Rhythm Heaven music & remixes (which I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had some recorded & stored in the vault in case he finished the stage for DLC).

Hm... Well, the game was released May 2014, and both DLC packs were announced in August, exactly three months after release. The first pack came out in November, so I would imagine they finished development and completed the master in mid-September or so. At minimum, it would have taken them three-or-so months to develop all of that--assuming, that is, the team began development after the game's release. Sakurai's "we have no plans for developing or releasing premium DLC at this time" is the phrase that gets me. He could easily just dismiss the possibility wholesale, but he doesn't--and that's what sticks out the most.

Check out this website.

If there were any trace of models leftover in the game, we likely would have found them by now, or at least a directory or reference of some kind. Characters are not easily removed from the game, and given we have no current data of Ice Climbers in the game despite Sakurai actively commenting on trying to work them out during development and their cheer still existing in the 3DS game, I'm highly doubting this Spainkiller's source saw anything like that.

Also of note, it would seem that replay sharing is a likely feature to come in the future. It would even seem like we could upload them to Youtube a la Mario Kart 8, which would be a godsend for plebs like me who don't have capture devices. :)

lol, I should be sleeping but I'm watching Youtube vids on my phone and broswing gaf, somebody stop me. :(

Vena

Spike and edge guard, you got me good that last round haha.

GGs Lucas. You dodge way too much though, and I was taking advantage of it.

Oh good so you saw me flash "LAZzGAME" lol

Good games! You're Marth makes for a super fun
and challenging
fight, I usually find Marth to be one of the funner characters to go against tbh.

Vena

Oh good so you saw me flash "LAZzGAME" lol

Good games! You're Marth makes for a super fun
and challenging
fight, I usually find Marth to be one of the funner characters to go against tbh.

I'm like the only one you'll play with his ghost sword lol. :p

My For Glory win rate is relatively low, lol. I tend to fight people that can beat me until they leave, and leave rooms if I can beat people too easily.

Masked Man

I said wow
For now, it's more of a question if Sakurai will wrap up his work on those two & release them. I'd also like to see that Rhythm Heaven stage be realized, more so since it'd give us a treasure trove of Rhythm Heaven music & remixes (which I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai had some recorded & stored in the vault in case he finished the stage for DLC).

Yeah, I'm sure that everything has already been squared away as far as securing rights to the music (since I think Tsunku owns everything?) and completing arrangements goes, even as a "just in case." Given that we know a considerable amount of work has been completed on those two characters AND that DLC is a real possibility at this point, it seems like a waste to just leave that all in the vault until the inevitable Smash 5.

Check out this website.

If there were any trace of models leftover in the game, we likely would have found them by now, or at least a directory or reference of some kind. Characters are not easily removed from the game, and given we have no current data of Ice Climbers in the game despite Sakurai actively commenting on trying to work them out during development and their cheer still existing in the 3DS game, I'm highly doubting this Spainkiller's source saw anything like that.

Also of note, it would seem that replay sharing is a likely feature to come in the future. It would even seem like we could upload them to Youtube a la Mario Kart 8, which would be a godsend for plebs like me who don't have capture devices. :)

lol, I should be sleeping but I'm watching Youtube vids on my phone and broswing gaf, somebody stop me. :(

I see what you mean, but just because the models were removed from the final game doesn't mean they never existed. It's possible that Dixie and Chorus Kids were planned as DLC from the very start. It's also possible that Ice Climbers were removed relatively early on once they realized the 3DS couldn't handle them. Instead of trying to disprove theories based on what we /don't/ see in the ROM, I think it's more logical to formulate and support theories based on what we /do/ see. Even if we don't see a model for CK, we see from the character icons that a Rhythm Heaven character was definitely included in the game at some point in time.

Character talk aside, as a fellow pleb, I'm excited for replay sharing as well! :D

Great games DQ!

Your Palutena felt on point tonight! There were some parts of those matches where you were taking control decisively and it was very difficult to get any momentum back!

Fun as always! Thanks for playing!

I've got one more in me DQ!
Ok ggs! Your Megaman is too slippery...
Great games DQ!

Your Palutena felt on point tonight! There were some parts of those matches where you were taking control decisively and it was very difficult to get any momentum back!

Fun as always! Thanks for playing!
I'll keep chugging along until we can go even at least
prob will never happen :(

Top Bottom