• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

If you're getting bodied, can't imagine my odds would be good on there.. What is it anyway..
You'd get mad respect for repping Palutena, I'll tell you that much.

Anther's ladder is basically a matchmaking system made so people can arrange matches and play Smash together online. There's ranked and unranked, so you could just play friendlies. It supports 64, Melee, and PM netplay along with SSB43DS and Wii U online, and it's a lot of fun. Check it out.
See I think it depends on the mind-set and play style. I play so stupidly that while CRQ and others here can figure it out and beat me, when I go to our local tournies, I will place decently because who the fuck plays as Marth or goes chasing half way off stage to get a kill.

Haha, some people can see through things just because of experience. With you at least, I can read your movements just because your play communicates to me that you're not going to change your actions unless I punish you for it. What you should do is change in anticipation of punishment, not as a result of it.

TWILT

Banned
Switch to stock lol.

I'm on to your tricks! Wait, lol, how long is your counter?

Even in the Wii U version, I'm still a victim of Shadow Sneak SDs lol.

I really don't know tbh; I was always under the assumption that it was very mediocre counter move, so. :x

Vena

Even in the Wii U version, I'm still a victim of Shadow Sneak SDs lol.

I really don't know tbh; I was always under the assumption that it was very mediocre counter move, so. :x

I keep gifting you easy punishes lol.

... Rather anti-climactic.

Just checked out Anther's ladder because you guys were talking about it.

Tried out a match and for some reason was super nervous. Just barely beat a guy who was practicing for APEX. He had a pretty mean Mario and a solid Robin. Keep an eye out for Kruton on the streams, haha.

Was fun, not sure why I got all shaky near the end though. Didn't used to do that even in tournies. I'm getting rusty in my old age I guess!

Thanks for sharing the link though!

Anyone wanna play a bit? Up for anything, 1v1, 2v2, FFA.

Tried out a match and for some reason was super nervous. Just barely beat a guy who was practicing for APEX. He had a pretty mean Mario and a solid Robin. Keep an eye out for Kruton on the streams, haha.

Was fun, not sure why I got all shaky near the end though. Didn't used to do that even in tournies. I'm getting rusty in my old age I guess!

Haha, playing ranked really brings out the jitters in me that I almost never get playing you guys. Maybe it's because there's something on the line, IDK, but it's fun.

I would play you but I'm pretty sick (literally) so my play is awful. :( Plus I'm sure you've had enough of me and my damn space animals.

EDIT: Just to let you guys know, we are able to add each other as friends on Anther's ladder too, so we can take advantage of the chat system they have for matches. My name is
Mediocre
because I'm not a good Melee player. ;__;

Haha, playing ranked really brings out the jitters in me that I almost never get playing you guys. Maybe it's because there's something on the line, IDK, but it's fun.

I would play you but I'm pretty sick (literally) so my play is awful. :( Plus I'm sure you've had enough of me and my damn space animals.

Nah man, I need all the practice I can get against 'em. 'Specially dat Falco. Picking him is like a free win against me, haha.

But definitely not if you're feeling crappy. Get well soon buddy!

I'll play like 5 matches because I should probably be going to bed now..

Nah man, I need all the practice I can get against 'em. 'Specially dat Falco. Picking him is like a free win against me, haha.

But definitely not if you're feeling crappy. Get well soon buddy!

I'm not that good, you've just given me so much practice with the matchup that I straight up wreck lesser Mega Men now. :O That's one less character I have to worry about facing in tourneys, unless you suddenly moved to the midwest lol.

You keep me from being complacent, because it feels like we're both learning things constantly. :)

Besides, I main Meta Knight as well.

TWILT

Banned
Good games, Vena. I felt like your Marth did better than the last time we faced. A bunch of silly KOs/SDs happened in the set; the one where I Quick Attack'd off the stage at the very start of the round was embarrassing >_>

Vena

Good games, Vena. I felt like your Marth did better than the last time we faced. A bunch of silly KOs/SDs happened in the set; the one where I Quick Attack'd off the stage at the very start of the round was embarrassing >_>

My Marth is crawling his way to OP tier, just you wait. :D

I thought you did that on purpose with the SD lol.

GGs Tipster, we had some close matches twice to SD. Guess I stole a win with one of those hehehe...

Definitely! Great games! I love seeing how you keep making adjustments. Your use of Palu's air attacks makes it a bunch harder to get to you in combination of the flurry of reflects.

Good stuff!

Edit: Actually it's kinda late.

No, there isn't.

That is annoying

It drives me insane that you can't do this. What's gotten me into the series at all and is keeping me going is playing with a friend online. We're mostly messing around so we do Doubles in For Fun while we're on skype, and it usually takes us anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes of searching to get in the same lobby. And then it obviously doesn't even put you on the same time every time which we don't really mind. But it's baffling to me that it isn't an option in For Glory...the idea of doing a "ranked" gamemode in Team Doubles where you can't even potentially choose your teammate is crazytown.

Our situations sounds very similar. Do you have more luck with both of you searching for a team game or a singles?

Failing that. Is there a GAF list I can get on or any organised events?

Masked Man

I said wow
Speaking of Rhythm Heaven remixes, I think Remix 8 from the DS is my favorite. So beautiful. <3

Club Nintendo JP sent out my special soundtrack CD on Wednesday, but Tenso didn't received it. :(

OMG WHAT. I hope this means I'll be getting my copy soon!
Not like I don't already have all the music downloaded or anything...

MrDaravon

Our situations sounds very similar. Do you have more luck with both of you searching for a team game or a singles?

Nah, we always just play Teams on For Fun. My friend is a lot better than me (after 700 games I'm still grossly incompetent at the game) but he just likes messing around in Teams and I don't have much of a preference either way.

So there's been some people saying Sakurai said there's never going to be another balance patch again or whatever, but Treehouse says otherwise, they're working on a balance patch right now, specifically "you had enough hoo-ing and ha-ing?" which obviously implies a Diddy Nerf.

On some stream with JC.

Also apparently when sharing is released for the 3DS (with Amiibo support), it probably will be released for the Wii U, so maybe we'll see Miiverse later this month.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So there's been some people saying Sakurai said there's never going to be another balance patch again or whatever, but Treehouse says otherwise, they're working on a balance patch right now, specifically "you had enough hoo-ing and ha-ing?" which obviously implies a Diddy Nerf.

On some stream with JC.

Also apparently when sharing is released for the 3DS (with Amiibo support), it probably will be released for the Wii U, so maybe we'll see Miiverse later this month.

Just fix my Bowser's Side B. And gimme my range back.

Puruzi

Banned

On some stream with JC.

Please

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yea, the suicide move nerf was stupid, and most tournaments are just ignoring the nerf anyway. There are smarter ways to make it harder for Bowser to suicide someone (maybe up the threshold for the victim's movement or something)

As it stands outside of being a KILL move or killing Little Mac you had Bowser dying first despite being on top of his opponent and the fact the opponent has tons of control where you go even past 100%.

These mechanics alone make his Custom Dash Slash the go to move because of how godly it is.

I still think default side B is comparable to Dash Slash. I don't think the latter is as fantastic as everyone thinks. It's highly telegraphed when used properly, and is punishable on shield when handled properly.

Just fix my Bowser's Side B. And gimme my range back.
I don't even care about it. It was actually hilarious in my matches against Cronox, because I would stand near the ledge and let his side-B-happy self grab me, and I would direct it off the edge. :-D

Bowser not having any way to ledge snap while facing away from the ledge is a far, far, far bigger issue than the Bowsercide gimmick. It actually harms his competitive viability. Give me ledge snapping, and I can beat anyone with enough practice, I feel.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't even care about it. It was actually hilarious in my matches against Cronox, because I would stand near the ledge and let his side-B-happy self grab me, and I would direct it off the edge. :-D

Bowser not having any way to ledge snap while facing away from the ledge is a far, far, far bigger issue than the Bowsercide gimmick. It actually harms his competitive viability. Give me ledge snapping, and I can beat anyone with enough practice, I feel.

Well if I read the mechanics right you won't ever ledge snap until the ledge gets the confirm of having Bowser's Head where his arms are tucked in hit the ledge in order to snap.

You'll have to Side B and then Fortress.

Well if I read the mechanics right you won't ever ledge snap until the ledge gets the confirm of having Bowser's Head where his arms are tucked in hit the ledge in order to snap.

You'll have to Side B and then Fortress.
If they can make DK ledge snap while facing away on his up B, they can do it for Bowser. Here's how I THINK they do it:

If you press up + B, DK probably won't ledge snap while facing away. That's fine, and it makes sense for all characters to work that way (and most do).

If you are off the right ledge, pressing up-left + B with DK will activate his up B, BUT, before doing so, I think the game code changes his direction to face to the left. Thus, he gets to ledge snap.

I don't see why the same standard can't apply to Bowser. Just make up-left (or up-right) + B change his directionality. It won't affect Fortress at all outside of the ledge snap mechanic.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well I dunno what the deal with Bowser is. I think he's the only one who can't B Reverse and grab the ledge but everyone else can. Which puts him at a huge disadvantage.

I really think ledge snap mechanics are tied to a characters arms.

-----------------------

And if you somehow missed it Karst, I've found Bair has a powerful hitbox that clanks out large projectiles that aren't lasers or Arcthunder. And the attack keeps going. Do it from a Short Hop and you don't suffer the recoil one gets on the ground and it's completely lagless.

So that's 10-12 EST I think. Won't work out, I'll have to be at work in the morning.

I'm tied up until ~3:30 PST on weekdays. Will you have any other opportunities to play?

I just remembered I took tonight off, so should be good when you are untied. Maybe a couple hours later.

Well I dunno what the deal with Bowser is. I think he's the only one who can't B Reverse and grab the ledge but everyone else can. Which puts him at a huge disadvantage.

I really think ledge snap mechanics are tied to a characters arms.

-----------------------

And if you somehow missed it Karst, I've found Bair has a powerful hitbox that clanks out large projectiles that aren't lasers or Arcthunder. And the attack keeps going. Do it from a Short Hop and you don't suffer the recoil one gets on the ground and it's completely lagless.
That was the point I was making this whole time!

Unfortunately, Bair whiffs against most characters, so I'm not sure how useful that is in practice.

TWILT

Banned

On some stream with JC.

Don't forget about Sanic too pls

also more Shulk buffs

Top Bottom