• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Boney

Banned
And your samus was something else, thanks man! And yeah you can pick it up, didn't you see me doing it?

Edit: I'm going to take a shower, maybe after!
I mean like if I can. I always seemed to hit it.

Sure, we'll talk later!

Anybody else wanna play then?

jorgejjvr

I mean like if I can. I always seemed to hit it.

Sure, we'll talk later!

Anybody else wanna play then?
Oh yes, you can, have to be careful but you can. And while you have it in your hands i can't make another. Also if you throw it and lands on the floor, it is now yours and it can damage me. I've also seen some villagers that pocket my spinner, which sucks because they can fight throughout that whole stock with the spinner pocketed, and I can't bring out another for the whole time

Boney

Banned
I want to believe... Then again, the fact that Rhythm Heaven got stamps/badges instead of any number of other major franchises is pretty suspicious. Together now--AHHHHHH!
The fact that there's no stage either really makes me think they'll add them as dlc. Rhythm heaven is huge!

1 SY Sheik vs Sonic
2 SY Sheik vs Sonic
3 IA Sonic vs Sheik
4 IA Sonic vs Sheik
5 SY Ganondorf vs Sonic
6 SY Ganondorf vs Link
7 IA Link vs Ganondorf
8 SY Ganondorf vs Link

Great job! All of those matches were really close. Sorry about the beginning of the Halberd match, for some reason I thought default Halberd wasn't legal.

Oh. Haha. I was wondering about that. I thought maybe you just got called away from the console. And good games.

1 SY Sheik vs Sonic
2 SY Sheik vs Sonic
3 IA Sonic vs Sheik
4 IA Sonic vs Sheik
5 SY Ganondorf vs Sonic
6 SY Ganondorf vs Link
7 IA Link vs Ganondorf
8 SY Ganondorf vs Link

Great job! All of those matches were really close. Sorry about the beginning of the Halberd match, for some reason I thought default Halberd wasn't legal.

That's a lot of back and forth! They must've been some exciting games!

Masked Man

I said wow
The fact that there's no stage either really makes me think they'll add them as dlc. Rhythm heaven is huge!

Yeah, the phrasing of their trophy text makes it sound like they were initially planned for inclusion. Plus, the upcoming 3DS title would be a great opportunity to put together another tie-in deal: purchase Rhythm Heaven for 3DS and get a free new character and stage!

Good games Journey! You've got a lot of skill with your aerial attacks, it's not easy to constantly be short hopping like that!

Thanks for playing, we'll have to do it again sometime!

Is anyone else up for some games?

I forgot how absolutely tiring it is to play against Megaman. By the end, I knew I was making mistakes, but I just couldn't stay as focused as I needed to.

Near the middle of our games you had tightened up your play quite a bit. I saw less of the Forward Air to Back Air strat and more ground based approaches.

Though I'm the last person who should be giving anyone advice, two of Ness' moves that I tend to fear the most in my style of play are his neutral air and his back throw.

A short hop to quick neutral air tends to punish my tendency to run in and grab when you get hit by a metal blade (and at higher percents you can get it off before I get the grab off), and well, Ness' back throw needs to explanation. There were a few times when you could've grabbed me, but opted for the dash attack. I'm not sure if Ness' options are better off of a dash, but from my experience playing against him, it seems like there's a lot more to do out of a d-down throw at low percents or a back throw for the kill at higher ones.

Anyway, that's more than I intended on saying. Your Ness is great already! Great games!

EDIT: Alright Commander! I'll add you and have a room up in a jiffy! I'm NNID: BlackMage

jnWake

Internet issues again bummer.....

Good matches though!

Ganondorf's up smash is so good, it has no ending lag

Yeah that surprised me. Also the range of Up tilt surprised me twice in a row haha. I was like "nah that's not hitting me" and BAM dead.

Good Samus. The Yoshi vs Samus matches were pretty good. You forced me to play more distant and careful to avoid grabs. Last matches were very even.

I used Marth to see how terrible it was going to be haha. Samus is like Marth's worst nightmare. It wasn't that bad though!

EDIT: I'm also super tired haha. My last match was very sloppy.

Boney

Banned
Yeah that surprised me. Also the range of Up tilt surprised me twice in a row haha. I was like "nah that's not hitting me" and BAM dead.

Good Samus. The Yoshi vs Samus matches were pretty good. You forced me to play more distant and careful to avoid grabs. Last matches were very even.

I used Marth to see how terrible it was going to be haha. Samus is like Marth's worst nightmare. It wasn't that bad though!

EDIT: I'm also super tired haha. My last match was very sloppy.
It's been super fun playing against gaffers because I've never played a good Yoshi. Learning the crazy priority of his air game and the crazy reach of it's second jump really let's you get better.

I just noticed the timer on that last match.

I didn't happen to notice it!

I've got one more in me!

Edit: Great games Pepper! Your Sheik is really good and tough to keep up with. Your Zelda's pretty great too. A very patient play style with her, which makes it tough to approach!

All in all, good stuff buddy! We'll have to do more another time!

I didn't happen to notice it!

I've got one more in me!

There was one match that went down to the 13th second. Ggs your Mega Man and DK bodied me for free. As for Robin, once I understood how to avoid your side b fire balls I did better. Using Dark Phantom is pretty alright in that match. You made me really use fair/bair with Zelda which I never use so again ggs.

TWILT

Banned
Damnit, I hate going out with an awful SD like that lol

GGs Romance. You're really good; fun matches like last time. I need to respect Bowser's fire breath more. :p

RomanceDawn

Damnit, I hate going out with an awful SD like that lol

GGs Romance. You're really good; fun matches like last time. I need to respect Bowser's fire breath more. :p

Sorry I didn't mean to leave you like that. I think almost every match except the Bowser battles I SD'd left and right. I had to check my Trophy Shop and do something for my wife.

Very good games. I'm so happy I beat your Link today and not just the SD one too. Last time I didn't beat him once. Today it was Pikachu. Or did I get Pikachu once with Bowser?

What ever the case there is a serious flaw in your game man. You almost never use like 3 moves with each of your characters. How come you don't taunt? It would round you out so much better. Plus it would make me feel better about losing so many times. It lightens the mood for me especially when I'm on a losing streak.

It's certainly been a while. After last week's extremely disappointing tournament (It took around 7 hours for singles to start. Sitting in a store full of 100 people waiting for Brawl stuff and Smash 4 doubles to finish was extremely frustrating.) I just didn't want to play for a long time. But I got my Toon Link Amiibo today and now I feel like playing.

Anyone want to play? I must get back into shape!

It's certainly been a while. After last week's extremely disappointing tournament (It took around 7 hours for singles to start. Sitting in a store full of 100 people waiting for Brawl stuff and Smash 4 doubles to finish was extremely frustrating.) I just didn't want to play for a long time. But I got my Toon Link Amiibo today and now I feel like playing.

Anyone want to play? I must get back into shape!

Still looking? I'll play a few if you'd like!

NNID: BlackMage

Top Bottom