• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

Neoxon

Made an impulse purchase of Rhythm Heaven Fever (to replace the copy that my cousin lent me that was scratched up to hell) for $13.

Good games Kar! Your Bowser continues to be scary as hell. You were picking up a ton of my Metal Blades too. I guess forward air is not too bad for it after all!

You are done right? I just assumed since you left the room!

Edit: No problem, it was practice for me to see how fast I could just toss stuff out. Was tiring out my fingers though, haha. Good games in any case!

Good games Kar! Your Bowser continues to be scary as hell. You were picking up a ton of my Metal Blades too. I guess forward air is not too bad for it after all!

You are done right? I just assumed since you left the room!

Edit: No problem, it was practice for me to see how fast I could just toss stuff out. Was tiring out my fingers though, haha. Good games in any case!
Yeah, I noticed you made mistakes more often as the game went on.

Crash Bomb is what really messes me up right now. Metal Blade has been figured out, and I have consistent answers to your setups with it. I feel like Crash Bomb must have a deceptive hitbox, because it is always hitting me even though I timed my shield well.

I am also just way out of practice. I finally pulled off those fsmash punishes though!

Oh yeah, and is there anything cool I can do when I grab Metal Blade? I rarely get anything worthwhile off of it, but I know there is quite a bit of advanced tech for items.

Yeah, I noticed you made mistakes more often as the game went on.

Crash Bomb is what really messes me up right now. Metal Blade has been figured out, and I have consistent answers to your setups with it. I feel like Crash Bomb must have a deceptive hitbox, because it is always hitting me even though I timed my shield well.

I am also just way out of practice. I finally pulled off those fsmash punishes though!

Oh yeah, and is there anything cool I can do when I grab Metal Blade? I rarely get anything worthwhile off of it, but I know there is quite a bit of advanced tech for items.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Z-drop. If you press Z, you can drop the metal blade on top of someone.

Mega Man has a neat technique where if you jump, z-drop and connect with it, you can fast fall into up-tilt for free. It's not super easy to pull off in the middle of a game, but it's pretty beast when you do it.

I'm not sure what Bowser has available, but I'd imagine the hit stun from the drop would be enough for you to fast fall forward B or grab or something.

Other than that, you can just hold it to deny me another Metal blade or just toss it. Not much else is coming to mind!

I'm sure it would have made riveting stream material. Move over Apex, the two losingest players in Ranbats are duking it out. And this time: it's personal.

You're now higher ranked than SalvaPot, daripad, SolarKnight and JCX, who are all 0-5.

Me? I'm sitting on 0-7 :D Come at me Falawful and SalvaPot... It's a blowout!

I just had one of those moments where both of us died at the same time, and me going into the background would've meant me winning instead of hitting the screen. :|

Sidenote: I fucking *hate* the Mario matchup.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Made an impulse purchase of Rhythm Heaven Fever (to replace the copy that my cousin lent me that was scratched up to hell) for $13.

Let me know how it is. I'm still stuck on the fence with this game after I heard that Rhythm Heaven 3DS would received 70 mini games from old games so technically RH3DS is all stars material.

I'm not sure if I should wait for RH3DS or go ahead with RHF

You made an excellent choice. My Game of the Year for 2012 by far. The seemingly effortless creativity on display througout the entire game is just insane. I never imagined there could be so many unique ways one could press the A button to a beat.

Let me know how it is. I'm still stuck on the fence with this game after I heard that Rhythm Heaven 3DS would received 70 mini games from old games so technically RH3DS is all stars material.

I think you can find it super cheap these days, right? If so, get it. It's just an incredibly fun, feel-good game.

Besides, we don't even know if RH 3DS is going to be released outside of Japan. After RH and RHF's disappointing sales in the west, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo get the 3DS game Japan-exclusive. :(

I don't think I'd recommend it to you. The game is reliant on audio cues. :(

DaBoss

Not a whole lot to really do about it. If you can't turn heat up in your environment, try to sit on your hands or retract them into your shirt during down time. Keep your hands in contact with your lap or stomach while you hold the controller. *shrug*

I tried to play in a tournament outdoors the (nearly) winter evening when Smash Wii U launch. No way to play well in that circumstance. But hey, no Johns... ~.~
My hands usually get sweaty if anything. I keep my apt warm. Try to keep yourself warm? Maybe wear pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt like a hoodie.

Also, blood thinning agents like alcohol and ibuprofen can increase blood flow to the extremities.
The heating is pretty much always on and I even have an oil heater nearby. It's always my feet and hands that are cold while the rest of my body is fine.

I know that it is due to a health-related problem, so I'm not sure if that will work, but I'll try (it is a symptom of hypothyroidism).

Thanks for the advice.

The only thing that comes to mind is the Z-drop. If you press Z, you can drop the metal blade on top of someone.

Mega Man has a neat technique where if you jump, z-drop and connect with it, you can fast fall into up-tilt for free. It's not super easy to pull off in the middle of a game, but it's pretty beast when you do it.

I'm not sure what Bowser has available, but I'd imagine the hit stun from the drop would be enough for you to fast fall forward B or grab or something.

Other than that, you can just hold it to deny me another Metal blade or just toss it. Not much else is coming to mind!
Ah, thanks. I dont have experience in this area. Maybe I should just drop it and approach.

SalvaPot

PM´d send to all the Bracket 2 rivals I have left to fight on Ranbats.

YOU ARE GOING DOWN.

THE STAGE.

OR TO THE SIDES.

OR TO THE TOP.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't think I'd recommend it to you. The game is reliant on audio cues. :(

You might be right there but I think I did pretty decent with GameStop's RHF demo since there are patterns in the mini games. Again, I can't really judge entire game based on few mini games that I played. If I couldn't do it then it wouldn't be complete loss since I can give it to my family relatives!

Besides, we don't even know if RH 3DS is going to be released outside of Japan. After RH and RHF's disappointing sales in the west, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo get the 3DS game Japan-exclusive. :(

Hmm, you got a good point there. I will pick it up when I have leftover money in the future. I don't really see it become very rare since no one really care about it.

Nabster92

My pool is starting now!

Edit: first round opponent DQed round 1. Off to a good start I guess...

Aaaand DQed through round 2 as well...who needs warm ups.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Sounds like Metal Drop can be followed up into a Fast Fall Bowser Bomb.

----------------------------

Also Karst with Crash Bomb if you keep running the explosion won't put you in hitstun.

Also if it blows up during a grab you won't take hitstun or any damage from it.

Once CB latches on something you can basically count 1, 2, 3 and then it will explode.

Furthermore timing Upthrow with Kirby, Meta Knight, and Charizard will automatically kill both opponents.

Top Bottom