• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT2| Only Game Where You Can Beat Up The Duck Hunt Dog

xgre

Neo Member
You got the game down pact, mind games shenanigans was getting to you, good shiek though, that was a fun match, shiek is a horrible match up for rob.

Yeah I just picked shiek since I was out of characters to pick. As you can see I'm in my early stages of playing Pac-Man, but I see I need to practice placing his traps better. Also I really like your Kirby

xgre

Neo Member
One of my secondaries

Yea same here, I have so pretty good set ups but placing his traps on an actual player seems to be difficult for me. Also people always get the fire hydrant which can get annoying even if I use the apple to hit them away from it

GGs Shamrock. Sorry to disappoint, I walked into way more attacks than I should've. Especially that last one, what a time to not press shield. :( Well, I can't remember if I took a game off you, but at least I gave you something of a fight with Gunner. Hope you had some fun. :)

GGs Shamrock. Sorry to disappoint, I walked into way more attacks than I should've. Especially that last one, what a time to not press shield. :( Well, I can't remember if I took a game off you, but at least I gave you something of a fight with Gunner. Hope you had some fun. :)

You did great man. I am really noticing the improvement. You are a lot better with your spacing and with your approaches.

Yea same here, I have so pretty good set ups but placing his traps on an actual player seems to be difficult for me. Also people always get the fire hydrant which can get annoying even if I use the apple to hit them away from it

It's particularly a problem vs fast characters. Use the Fire Hydrant more as a decoy. For whatever reason, people want to hit that thing, so take advantage of them going in with a smash attack on the hydrant.

You did great man. I am really noticing the improvement. You are a lot better with your spacing and with your approaches.
Thanks, but really half of the time I was just taking note of what you were punishing and using new options to try and find what works. I guess it made me play more carefully, but I don't know if that's the best way to go around it.

Also, is Diddy really that balls-easy to compete with? I had nothing but Brawl experience and FG to go off of and I still did pretty well despite my tendency to SD.
Really need to start messing around with gunner..

Yes, yes you should. My preference is 3322 and 3213, so that can get you started. But seriously play with Gunner, you will not regret it. That fair and all the ways to dunk~

Thanks, but really half of the time I was just taking note of what you were punishing and using new options to try and find what works. I guess it made me play more carefully, but I don't know if that's the best way to go around it.
THat's a good thing, lol. Reading the opponent and learning their habits. There is a happy middle ground with being careful and being aggressive. Don't stray too far in either direction.

I just upgraded my net today. Hope one of you guys can help me test it out in like a hour or so.

Worked smoothly for random MK8 races and was above average for random Smash matches....got bodied by a amazing ROB, I mean, what in the actual fuck? Never seen a ROB as amazing as that, and he dint event camp or anything, always applying pressure.

Boney

Banned

Also, is Diddy really that balls-easy to compete with? I had nothing but Brawl experience and FG to go off of and I still did pretty well despite my tendency to SD.

Yes, yes you should. My preference is 3322 and 3213, so that can get you started. But seriously play with Gunner, you will not regret it. That fair and all the ways to dunk~
How fat and tall did you make him?
It's a shame I can't mess around in for glory to get used to him before fighting you guys

I just upgraded my net today. Hope one of you guys can help me test it out in like a hour or so.

Worked smoothly for random MK8 races and was above average for random Smash matches....got bodied by a amazing ROB, I mean, what in the actual fuck? Never seen a ROB as amazing as that, and he dint event camp or anything, always applying pressure.
I would but I'm in another continent and it's Mario kart time

THat's a good thing, lol. Reading the opponent and learning their habits. There is a happy middle ground with being careful and being aggressive. Don't stray too far in either direction.
I guess I just lack experience, huh? Thanks Shammles, you #rekt me because you cared. :)
How fat and tall did you make him?
It's a shame I can't mess around in for glory to get used to him before fighting you guys

Smallest on length and width. Works pretty well for me if my matches with Shamrock are any indication. I believe the Standard Custom Moveset project also goes with the smallest, and you can check out their movesets as well.

xgre

Neo Member
I think it's good that I came on this thread since I need to expand my knowledge on other characters and how others play the game. I have other friends to play with but they are way to competitive and i'm better than them. I feel that all you guys will make me play in other level in which I currently seek.

I think it's good that I came on this thread since I need to expand my knowledge on other characters and how others play the game. I have other friends to play with but they are way to competitive and i'm better than them. I feel that all you guys will make me play in other level in which I currently seek.
Want to play?

TWILT

Banned
Anyone up for some games? Will be taking a break from the game for tomorrow for the patch; want to get more progress done in Majora's Mask and anime watching/manga reading anyway :p

Top Bottom