• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I feel nintendo might aim for a march 2014 with this game, like brawl, it will possibly have enough done to aim for that and the holiday season might have a unexpected announcement(maybe F-zero or a starfox for wiiU) in 2014 with also doing another marketing push for smash during that time.

wait that's supposed to be Ninja Gaiden Ryu?
What did they do to him!?

This is how Ryu looks:
ninja4.png

RyuNES.jpg

Village

They could buy his unused model and moves from PSASBR

^

Explain, what?

Your underselling the character, if you add up all his different abilities from all the various Mega Man games and try to turn him into a fighting game character I can assure you he would have more moveset potential than 90% of the current characters in Smash Bros., especially when you factor in each different "Mega Man" character. (and only classic and X have some ability overlap, the others are far far different)

That is fair. Zero and ZX are pretty similar to X though.

wait that's supposed to be Ninja Gaiden Ryu?
What did they do to him!?

This is how Ryu looks:
]

Real ninja's wear leather

Ryu_DOA_artwork.jpg

Village

It was rumored he was going to be in that game because he was on the PSASBR website when they accidentally published it early. But he never showed up and the DLC plans for that game are dead.

A am disspoint cat person. I like ninjas , that may have made the game a bit better.

GamerSoul

we already have a ninja that could be revamped though. Sheik or maybe Impa if were fortunate enough. even Takamaru can have some ninja elements

Village

we already have a ninja that could be revamped though. Sheik or maybe Impa if were fortunate enough. even Takamaru can have some ninja elements

When sheik gets a cool leather outfit we will talk

Nothing could have made it better.

Ok, maybe changing the horrible scoring system.

And changing half the roster.

True, im sorry the chick from the god of war clone got in . But the bloody tumb radah couldn't get in.

jamezuva

Neo Member
Hm, interesting wavebird adapter. I'm wondering how well the wii u pro controller will function as a substitute for gamecube though

zroid

Banned
You can get relatively cheap GCN Classic Controller shells, which function identically to using the adapter along with a legit GCN pad. Of course it's unofficial, so the build quality won't be as good, but on the other hand, it's cheaper (assuming you need to buy a GCN pad) and will probably be more responsive since it's not going through a weird adapter.

fuck it, james bond should be in smash

goldeneye outsold ocarina of time. are you kidding me.

http://i.imgur.com/IEqehsl.jpg[IMG]

NINTENDO ICON RIGHT THERE[/QUOTE]

Let's not so quickly forget how much fans wanted him in melee, i'm pretty sure he was a popular candidate against all odds, his proximity mine legacy lives on in the series(even if they were totally from PD but whatever, PD got it from GE)
Plus he'd have the best crawling animation in Smash.

[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2kutzQ6Tf1rtcwfoo1_500.gif

I'm thinking a stage on the tiny cradle platform so all smashers can recreate "for England James?" "no, for me" and it would be awesome.

SmithnCo

GC controllers are still only around 15 dollars, new controllers cost 50; it's still a worthwhile purchase if you're interested in Smash brothers.

What about wavebirds? Those are fairly expensive now right?

I'm still salty that my dog chewed up my silver wavebird a couple years ago.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I would have been completely fine with "CG takes time bro."

It was cool to see Samus team up with Pikachu, but I would have tossed Subspace Emissary into a fire to get Brawl in 2007.
I'd heard Brawl's delay from 2007 to 2008 was Sega's fault for letting Sonic in the game until very late. Don't know how accurate is that though.

1upmuffin

What about wavebirds? Those are fairly expensive now right?

I'm still salty that my dog chewed up my silver wavebird a couple years ago.

Wavebirds are around 30, not bad, but as discussed a few pages ago you don't want to plug a wavebird into a gc adapter into a wiimote because of the input lag anyway, so just get wired GC controllers.

Gsnap

I gotta say, I agree with Sakurai about not having fighting characters in Smash. And I can't really understand why anyone would want Ryu in there. Just because they think he's cool? Ok, so he's cool, but why does that mean he deserves to be in a Nintendo fighting game that is comprised (mostly) of characters important to Nintendo and its history. Not just general video game history, but specifically Nintendo's.

Sonic makes sense. Back in the day it was always about Sonic games vs. Mario games. Even though the two character never actually appeared in a game together they had a genuine rivalry in the hearts and minds of many gamers. Sonic is important to both video game history and Nintendo history.

Mega Man is similar. Mega Man was a serious icon of the NES to several gamers. He's a very important part of Nintendo's history. In fact, Sakurai said in the Smash 4 developer direct that he wasn't going to just have any character from other companies show up. He said it was very important that Smash Mega Man was the NES version of Mega Man.

Snake? I don't even know why Snake was in Brawl (ok yes, I do know WHY, but I disagree with the reasoning). Sure, Metal Gear games have been on Nintendo systems, but I never felt like they were that important to Nintendo history. Metal Gear was always more important and iconic on Sony platforms.

And Ryu? Ryu was important for Street Fighter. And while that game did appear on Nintendo consoles, it has also appeared on plenty of other consoles, and was honestly mostly important and synonymous with the arcade. There's nothing about Ryu that screams "Important to Nintendo" to me.

I think Smash should stay true to being not just a fighting game, but a celebration of Nintendo and its history. Just throwing in Ryu, or other fighters from Capcom/Namco/whoever else, goes against that.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I didn't say it was bigger -- you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who would prefer Ryu to Mega Man in a Smash Bros. game, is all.

I am pretty sure I posted about my Ryu preference earlier in this thread. I am bursting at the seams with popular opinions.

Yeah, Punch-Out is more puzzle game than fighting game.

It's an action-puzzle-rhythm-fighter.

Village

Those videos are 25% misinformation. James Bond and Banjo were never considered for any of the Smash Bros. games -- Japanese fans voted for them in a roster survey, but that doesn't mean Sakurai was "interested in having them."

That would make sense , because they do not own and have never owned james bond.

Ryce

I'm still angry that someone out there spread the made-up "pra_mai means all players" nonsense. I can't mention Plusle & Minun without a few people trying to "correct" me.

They already put James Bond in Smash. They called him Snake.
^^

mod your shit and put a James Bond skin over him

I just got done playing as James Bond/Franky (OP) Snake vs. my brother's DeDeDe, which is skinned as Bowser wielding a giant axe, and his Ganondorf, which is skinned as Professor fucking Farnsworth

so good

qq more

I'm still angry that someone out there spread the made-up "pra_mai means all players" nonsense. I can't mention Plusle & Minun without a few people trying to "correct" me.

What would "all players" even mean? How did they came up with that nonsense? lol

Ryce

What would "all players" even mean? How did they came up with that nonsense? lol
I have no idea, honestly. I'm guessing someone assumed Japanese people say "prayer" instead of "player" (racist!), and that "pra" is shorthand for "prayer." Of course, that's incorrect. Player is written out as "pureya," which would shorten out as "pre," not "pra." "Mai" can mean each or every, but it wouldn't be used in this context. There are dozens of Japanese terms used to say "random," "every character," and so on, but "pra mai" isn't even CLOSE to one of them.

Sonic makes sense. Back in the day it was always about Sonic games vs. Mario games. Even though the two character never actually appeared in a game together they had a genuine rivalry in the hearts and minds of many gamers. Sonic is important to both video game history and Nintendo history.

Also, he's the co-star of a strong-selling Nintendo franchise that has largely taken the crown of Mario Party.

Plusle & Minun was cut from Brawl due to time constraints, but there are people who try to deny it by citing a terrible inaccuracy.

As one character? like Ice Climbers? That would have basically been the best thing. So the text string posted above was something found in the game code, I take it? and the nonsensical interpretation thereof was done by somebody on the internet with atrocious secondhand knowledge of Japanese, it looks like.

Ryce

As one character? like Ice Climbers? That would have basically been the best thing. So the text string posted above was something found in the game code, I take it? and the nonsensical interpretation thereof was done by somebody on the internet with atrocious secondhand knowledge of Japanese, it looks like.
Yep, that's all correct.

Dixie Kong was going to be a tag character along with Diddy, but after running into technical problems Sakurai had to repurpose Diddy into a standalone fighter, cutting Dixie in the process. Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Roy, Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik, and Plusle & Minun were all planned as additional characters, but they couldn't be included due to time constraints.

Top Bottom