• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

fisheyes

But if Sakurai's comment is translated right (or is that even a translation?), that wouldn't really help in knowing who gets the kill. Maybe if the color is the color of the person who successfully attacked and launched the other character.

I'm reasonably certain this is what is going on. Player 1 hit Samus, hence the Red KO trailer on her. Player 2 (P2 is green right?) hit Link.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Todays picture

lA0I01q.jpg

I remember seeing characters blasting off in the trailers and so on, and remember seeing the smoke trail looking especially pretty and effect heavy this time around, i liked that, its the little things

Mit-

GC controllers are still only around 15 dollars, new controllers cost 50; it's still a worthwhile purchase if you're interested in Smash brothers.
Please tell me where I can find legitimate Nintendo GameCube controllers in halfway decent condition for 15 dollars.

Chill Dude

Neo Member
How many people are planning on getting the gamecube controller adapter to play this?

wavebird.jpg

If Nintendo doesn't make a Gamecube-shaped/Smash-branded Wii U controller for the launch of the new Smash Bros they are missing out on a lot of fucking money.

I'd pay $60 for one without batting an eye because of how much I know i'd use it.

Wow maybe naive bit didn't even know you could get one of these may look into this.

makako

Neo Member
"The upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3DS will not feature a story mode or cutscenes, creator Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed " -Gamespot

Is this old news already ? because i had no idea and just ran onto it and i can't see how not having story mode is a good idea at all .-.

"The upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for the Wii U and 3DS will not feature a story mode or cutscenes, creator Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed " -Gamespot

Is this old news already ? because i had no idea and just ran onto it and i can't see how not having story mode is a good idea at all .-.
Its old. It would be nice for people who want some fantasy time with the characters but story mode has never been a real thing with smash at all or really any fighting game.

makako

Neo Member
Its old. It would be nice for people who want some fantasy time with the characters but story mode has never been a real thing with smash at all or really any fighting game.

yeah but i think i'll miss it... somehow... dunno... also any news about this "customization" feature? nothing ?

NeonZ

yeah but i think i'll miss it... somehow... dunno... also any news about this "customization" feature? nothing ?

It's not about appearance, but also not about power of the attacks, closer to something like 'direction' of the attacks, whatever that means.

Speaking of story mode, how am I gonna unlock characters easy with no story mode!? D:

Well, there's supposed to be a new single player mode to replace it.

makako

Neo Member
It's not about appearance, but also not about power of the attacks, closer to something like 'direction' of the attacks, whatever that means.

Well, there's supposed to be a new single player mode to replace it.

exactly whatever that means lol

i heard that new single player mode was 3ds exclusive or something ...

Mit-

Search your local thrift stores...i find a ton of Wavebirds that way...or used to at least.
I've done so, and never found one. I've been to many different places. They aren't easy to find anymore, and they aren't that cheap on eBay. Not to mention the joysticks all die on most of the older ones.

GameCube controllers aren't forever. I'm learning to use the Pro Wii U controller for Smash 4.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why have they posted a screenshot from Ocarina of Time when the Deku Tree explains the creation of Hyrule?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, my mind is blown. So their bodies are still intact even as the flash appears. I thought their bodies vanish the moment the explosion appears.

Berordn

Huh, my mind is blown. So their bodies are still intact even as the flash appears. I thought their bodies vanish the moment the explosion appears.

I don't think that's the death flash, it looks like a new effect for the rocket launches when you're virtually guaranteed a KO.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Why not just do it like street fighter or tekken, have them all unlocked from the start.

ITT: Earning things is terrible. How DARE Sakurai have the audacity of thinking we should have to put forth effort into a game to unlock that obscure character an individual seeks to play as.

Why not just do it like street fighter or tekken, have them all unlocked from the start.

Because that's never the way it's been done, and Sakurai loves unlockables. KI:U didn't really have any huge need for three giant boards full of achievement-based unlockables, but it had them all the same.

Ghazi

ITT: Earning things is terrible. How DARE Sakurai have the audacity of thinking we should have to put forth effort into a game to unlock that obscure character an individual seeks to play as.

Now he'll make it hard as shit to unlock the character and then make it OP as hell.

Village

Because that's never the way it's been done, and Sakurai loves unlockables. KI:U didn't really have any huge need for three giant boards full of achievement-based unlockables, but it had them all the same.

Sakurai loves a lot of questionable things in video games. We just talked about that yesterday.

I do not earn things in street fighter aside from alternate colors, and I put forth the effort to play that. And injustice, and tekken, and marvel oh wait.

We should just hire a guy who's job it is to smack in the back of the head with a newspaper when he goes too far into deep end of the crazy pool. Nothing painful. How about reggie he ain't doin nothin.

Its nice to say things.

You're in the crazy pool. I love unlockables and was disappointed how quickly everything in Brawl became available. Can't believe Sonic and Snake were unlocked from the start, right there on the back of the box.

You're in the crazy pool. I love unlockables and was disappointed how quickly everything in Brawl became available. Can't believe Sonic and Snake were unlocked from the start, right there on the back of the box.

What?

Sonic and Snake most certainly weren't unlocked from the start. Sonic was like, the 4th from last character you got if you unlocked everyone through subspace.

Unlocking Mewtwo was one of the best moments in my gaming "career".

Unlocking Ness in 64 was pretty hype too...because I had no clue who the fuck he was but he was badass..(he also destroyed me).

I get why some people don't like it but I think it's apart of the franchise.

it's also funny that Village is mad that SSE is gone but wants everything unlocked at the start...then what's the point of SSE? Unlocks makes fior great incentive to play whatever single player there is.

also as for single player, I was hoping that with Namco on board, we'd get some Tekken esque endings lol.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So someone explain to me the appeal of Earthbound. I know my buddy loves it but to me the characters just look stupid and I never liked em. So what am I not getting and should I be caring?

Same. Left my gamecube on all night.

So proud of myself.

lol I think I did something similar.

It was new years eve and I figured I leave it on waiting for the ball to drop.

it drop, went back and boom Mewtwo.

so much hype

So someone explain to me the appeal of Earthbound. I know my buddy loves it but to me the characters just look stupid and I never liked em. So what am I not getting and should I be caring?

Only played parts of 3..

but they are very charming games that has great writing and story.

I want to play Earthbound...but no Wii U and no snes. So that will have to wait.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Unlocking mew two was so mind numbing annoying before I found an easy/quicker alternative.
Ugh, he was one of the last characters I unlocked, especially since I didn't know of the fact more human players = faster method and I didn't have any spare controllers (or players). Just so glad they never did something like that again.

Metal B

Imagine a kid at the time of Melee, who know nothing about the game. He plays it for hours with friends and believes to have unlock anything. Then one day, out of nowhere, at a playing session with some buddy's, a text pops up: "A New Challenger appears". Sakurai includes those unlockables, to see the blood from the exploding heads of those kids on the wall!

Village

Imagine a kid at the time of Melee, who know nothing about the game. He plays it for hours with friends and believes to have unlock anything. Then one day, out of nowhere, at a playing session with some buddy's, a text pops up: "A New Challenger appears". Sakurai includes those unlockables, to see the blood from the exploding heads of those kids on the wall!

I hated that. Epically when you are a kid and have no internet. That sucks and its terrible

ffdgh

Ugh, he was one of the last characters I unlocked, especially since I didn't know of the fact more human players = faster method and I didn't have any spare controllers (or players). Just so glad they never did something like that again.

Nah I lacked that too.
Basically, team vs with damage ratio 2.0, turn off in game pause, high handicap for me and 2 level 9 CPU vs a level one CPU with one stock.

All I do is press start over and over and watch tv while the 2 CPU on my team kill the blue one while my vs match numbers go up.

I made a lot of different matches for myself, mainly in stamina mode`as that has no win screen.

Things such as 1v3 Ice climbers`4/ Pokeballs only on every stage..
So many death screams..

Top Bottom