• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L95

B-0NQrQXAAIqdvj.jpg

We all know blue is superior!

Has anyone told a person that it was white&gold before showing them the picture? I'd like to see how that would effect someone's interpretation. Maybe if they're primed to see that, they will.

It's white and gold people.

I don't know if the whole thread is trolling me but it is so obviously white and gold.

EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!

Blue and black for me, but there was a video someone posted on Twitter and when it was paused at the beginning, I saw white and gold.

That was the only time as I looked at the same spot every other time and have saw black and blue.

A-V-B

a-v-b when you say is a saturated black don't you mean was not is, who cares how we got here the colors are measurable as white and gold

It's a bluish white and gold in the image, but I mean in reality, the light is interacting with it in such a way that yellow is reflecting a bit more than all the other colors. Which of course means it's not a perfect black -- that doesn't really exist outside labs and cosmic phenomena. But here it's been completely overexposed as fuck.

And we really have to take into account how badly this screws with the sensor of the camera, too. Think about all the other colors in the image being brought all the way up, because they're probably there in trace amounts. Bring them way up, suddenly the colors don't look like they should, and a deep as fuck blue-black dress suddenly gets mindjacked into being bluish-white and classy gold.

Izuna

Banned
Guys stop trolling. It's not funny anymore.
Top of the page is zoomed in, you can see all of the pixels of the darkest area of the dress. If you see black, you may have more sensitive eyes or whatever, you but you objectively seeing the wrong colours.

GavinGT

Banned
A question for the blue and black crowd:

When you see the OP's image, does your brain immediately think "royal blue"? Or just that it's some indeterminate shade of blue?

23qwerty

White and gold. He saw black and blue o_O

I'm sorry..

A question for the blue and black crowd:

When you see the OP's image, does your brain immediately think "royal blue"? Or just that it's so indeterminate shade of blue?

Light blue

how can you look at that picture and see black anywhere?

People probably not counting the fact that the gold in the image is just a quirk of the lighting

I thought I'd muck around combining techniques from other eye "tricks".
Stare at the light blue circle for twenty seconds then look at the wall for few seconds:
5nvzq3C.gif

GulAtiCa

It was white & gold. But now I see blue and black...

I suspect the image is being replaced at the source and changed every so often..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom