• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

guek

Banned
Is it weird that I still think Barry trying to get with Iris is kinda messed up?

Nah, it's definitely odd at first glance. If I knew a couple like them in real life though, it'd be pretty easy to get over. It would be almost romantic if not for the mild incestuous undertones.

Was anyone a big fan of the show but as increasingly annoyed with some of the writing as I was? Not so much the characters (except Iris who was more bland than offensive) but rather the paper thing plots in various episodes. Stuff like trusting Captain Cold, the gold gun, locking up prisoners permanently in secret, Barry's inconsistent powers, Barry willing to risk their world as they knew it for his mom, etc. etc. It surprised me how little scrutiny any of that seemed to be put under on gaf.

zulux21

Nah, it's definitely odd at first glance. If I knew a couple like them in real life though, it'd be pretty easy to get over. It would be almost romantic if not for the mild incestuous undertones.

Was anyone a big fan of the show but as increasingly annoyed with some of the writing as I was? Not so much the characters (except Iris who was more bland than offensive) but rather the paper thing plots in various episodes. Stuff like trusting Captain Cold, the gold gun, locking up prisoners permanently in secret, Barry's inconsistent powers, Barry willing to risk their world as they knew it for his mom, etc. etc. It surprised me how little scrutiny any of that seemed to be put under on gaf.

because of the cheese in general a lot of things are a lot easier to accept. You can just sit back and enjoy the ride and hope episodes like the bee episode don't show up to often. It's way easier to shrug off inconsistencies when the show is having fun instead of something that is trying to be serious.

plus... we always have the speedforce answer. Barry wasn't as fast at that time because he wasn't as in tune with the speedforce. He trusted captain cold because of the speedforce... ect :p

Is it weird that I still think Barry trying to get with Iris is kinda messed up?

I'm actually curious if this is still going to be a thing this season.

patty who is introduced this season is apparently barry's love interest in the new 52.

Its especially odd when he considers Joe West a father of sorts. Its just strange no one brings it up even in a humorous way.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Barry had a crush on Iris before they started living with eachother, though. It's not like a Brady Bunch scenario where they only know eachother from being adoptive siblings.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Sure but they still grew up together as brother and sister.

No, they grew up as girl and boy who's father was in jail and living with his guardian. I don't see where Barry ever thought of her as a sister.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can't believe I missed three pages of this thread.

ziRmHkP.gif

Nt9su5R.gif

NeoGAF's one and only Reverse Flash checking in. Don't accept cheap imitations.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still salty that:

2S hsalF ehT |OT| Some would say it's the reverse

Wasn't used. But it would've caused confusion, blah blah.

WillyFive

Still salty that:

2S hsalF ehT |OT| Some would say it's the reverse

Wasn't used. But it would've caused confusion, blah blah.

I would have liked that; but more for a spoiler thread than the main one to get people interested. It's a fantastic one for those that see the show, though.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I asked this in the community thread, but I will repeat it here. How many suits do you think Barry will destroy this season? I'm thinking at least 3, gotta keep Cisco busy.

Sou Da

We have the "incest" debate last year, it coming up again reminded me that Candice Patton got that question and addressed it at Dragon Con a few weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/GhHRZokj2yU?t=21m19s

No, they grew up as girl and boy who's father was in jail and living with his guardian. I don't see where Barry ever thought of her as a sister.

I kind of feel like Iris being black helps it not feel like incest, not sure if that's on purpose though.

marrec

Banned
WALLY WEST IS COMING FOLKS

I don't expect him to speed up until year three though.

*crosses arms*

Yay. :-|

Nah, seriously though I hope they build up the Flash family and have them take on all kinds of out of this world shit together.

Order

WALLY WEST IS COMING FOLKS

I don't expect him to speed up until year three though.
This is The Flash, the show that did things in the first season that are usually saved for a show on it's third season. Wally will be a speedster this season.

I think we'll get some wells this l season, not as many as last. But think we'll probably get some awesome reverse moments

I hope🙏🏿

I guess it'd be fine if we didnt have much of Wells, maybe what I meant to say is that I hope we get a villain as awesome as him.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is The Flash, the show that did things in the first season that are usually saved for a show on it's third season. Wally will be a speedster this season.

They purposely went so hard on the first season because they didn't know if they'd get a second. Now that the show is a hit and pretty much a lock for future seasons I'd say they might slow the storytelling down.

Caitlin isn't Killer Frost yet, is she?

marrec

Banned
Yeah me too! This show gives me hope though!

On the flip side s2 of arrow had a amazing villain, s3 not so much.

Lucky for Flash fans that he has some amazing baddies waiting in the wings.

Hope we get a few seasons before they drop Inertia on us.

Lucky for Flash fans that he has some amazing baddies waiting in the wings.

Hope we get a few seasons before they drop Inertia on us.

Gotta have Bart show up before Inertia.

Also, hell yeah bad guys. Zoom, Mirror Master, The Top, the "new" rogues Magenta, Tar Pit, Double Down, Murmur, and Girder (Magenta and Tar Pit are the only ones that aren't in Arrowverse yet). More Grodd, more Reverse Flash, more Rogues shenanigans. Going up against Vandal Savage!

The only villain they could unveil that would get me any more hyped is Anti-Monitor.

ZeroX03

Banned
Amell mentioned in his latest live stream that the crossover won't be as standalone as last year and more one continuous episode. Arrow not optional.

I think I agree with the notion that they're pushing out as much as they can before the movie's production starts since they're probably going to have to deal with BS from the film division as Arrow started to have last year.

Wow, they got that last episode up quick, that dialog hahaha. Still want her to show up in live action. And new trailers!

The Flash will arrive on Netflix on October 6th. The same day season 2 premieres.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/28/new-netflix-october

I get why they do it but I don't like that WB doesn't add these shows to Netflix until just before the season premieres, would giving people and potential new audience at least a week be too much?

He described Flash, Arrow and Legends as one big show. So everything!

I imagine they decided to do that after seeing the ratings and how much of the viewership carries over between shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom