• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT| suoiruF 2 hsalF 2 - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Regarding Robbie Amell, I don't think he wants off the show, I just think he doesn't want to go full time. When asked if he'd like to be a series regular on Arrow, Flash or Chasing Life he said he'd prefer to recur on all three. I'd be very surprised if this was the last we see of him,
although I do think he's dead for a while at least.

He wants to play Terry McGinnis. Which would be awesome, other than the age.

Skux

Can someone gimme a quick synopsis on
Firestorm's origin/story?

In the show or the comics?

More GIFs, because why not

STu0WU8.gif

2SfjvnZ.gif

uHKhMeI.gif

Best hype moment of season 1 was Barry running so "fast" to barricade the tsunami he rips through space-time and runs alongside himself. Soogood.gif

Best hype moment of season 1 was Barry running so "fast" to barricade the tsunami he rips through space-time and runs alongside himself. Soogood.gif

There were too many nerd out moments in season 1. They have set a ridiculously high bar for season 2.

EDIT: And even if it wasn't my favorite nerd out or hype moment, the single best scene of the season for me was when Wells confronted Cisco in the lab and killed him.

4602124-the_flash_reverse_flash_kills_cisco.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
The soundtrack at the end of the Wizard Weather episode was so good.

The Flash's soundtrack will be released on October 16 and will be two-disc :D

HabeeNo

HERE WE GO!

Going to be following this one weekly, made the big mistake on passing the first season while it was on air

Guesong

I am looking forward to this.

But considering the absolute greatness of Season 1, I fully expect this one to pale heavily in comparison.

Neoxon

To someone who looks completely different and was described completely differently? Sounds like a brand new character.
We don't know the entire backstory of Jason Rusch in the CW universe. And it wouldn't be the first time that someone was recast for more recurring appearances (see Sara). Plus the whole Jay Jackson name was likely a fake (much like how Ray Palmer had a fake name when his role was initially cast).

ZeroX03

Banned
We don't know the entire backstory of Jason Rusch in the CW universe. And it wouldn't be the first time that someone was recast for more recurring appearances (see Sara). Plus the whole Jay Jackson name was likely a fake (much like how Ray Palmer had a fake name when his role was initially cast).

Except Ray Palmer's character description was accurate to his character. The little we know about Jason Rusch in the series is still far different to Jay Jackson's auto mechanic.

Jason Rusch: "a graduate student at Hudson University, he was part of Martin Stein's research team on the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. project."
Jay Jackson: “a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations” and "A former high school athlete whose pro career was derailed by an injury who now works as an auto mechanic."

Also I'm rereading the casting calls and Maseo and Tatsu were referred to as "Toshi" and "Akiko". There's an American Dad fan over at DCTV's casting offices.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Can someone gimme a quick synopsis on
Firestorm's origin/story?

In the show, the particle accelerator accident that gave Flash powers (and powers to everyone else) fused two scientists together, one of whom was holding this experimental transmutation device at the time. The result was this schizophrenic figure with two different minds clashing, confused, but also having the ability to fly and fling fireballs (he can do a bunch more crazy shit in the comics). Flash crew finds him/them(?), figures out a way to separate them, but also allows them to recombine when necessary.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Except Ray Palmer's character description was accurate to his character. The little we know about Jason Rusch in the series is still far different to Jay Jackson's auto mechanic.

Jason Rusch: "a graduate student at Hudson University, he was part of Martin Stein's research team on the F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. project."
Jay Jackson: “a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations” and "A former high school athlete whose pro career was derailed by an injury who now works as an auto mechanic."

Also I'm rereading the casting calls and Maseo and Tatsu were referred to as "Toshi" and "Akiko". There's an American Dad fan over at DCTV's casting offices.

Regular street smart guy and former high school athlete are two different types of character. Chances are they were toying with him being Cyborg but the film people said no.

ZeroX03

Banned
Regular street smart guy and former high school athlete are two different types of character. Chances are they were toying with him being Cyborg but the film people said no.

I know they're different, that's why I posted the comparisons.

I don't think he was ever intended to be Cyborg, they've known for a long time he's a DC priority character. I suspect he was intended to be a Firestorm replacement with a dynamic more in line to the comic book Ronnie Raymond than our engineer. They wanted a non-book smart everyman to be the fish out of water in the Legends team, something that neither Ronnie or Jason fulfills.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
The soundtrack at the end of the Wizard Weather episode was so good.

The Flash's soundtrack will be released on October 16 and will be two-disc :D
Fucking finally!
The soundtrack was god-tier, I need it in my veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom