• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Jackbox Party Pack - Coming soon [Out now, $25]

If people want to participate I'm about to start a game of Drawful !

The idiot in me totally forgot there's online play-- well, not local at least since it all requires an online connection. If the gf and I can fire up a game and play against randoms in something like YDKJ or Drawful... fuckin' A... this could be a greaaaaaaaaat game to drink to.

Edit: Okay, so the way to get both local and online MP going is to use a streaming service like Twitch? People here in my flat can log on with their smartphones and then those watching the stream and log on as well using the room code, yeah? I worry about the lag on games since a lot of the time you're on a timer or the game requires you to be the first to answer... however I joined in on someone's game of Drawful via the Live from Playstation button and it seemed to work ok.

This is great and I hope the trend of party/board games coming to the console space that have this kind of MP setup continues.

So frustrating that they won't bring things out anywhere other than NA anymore. Dangling the carrot of "maybe sometime!" over and over again without delivering gets old quick.

That said, if this is confirmed for Steam release, hopefully we can do the workaround for YDKJ and buy a code from Amazon US.

So frustrating that they won't bring things out anywhere other than NA anymore. Dangling the carrot of "maybe sometime!" over and over again without delivering gets old quick.

That said, if this is confirmed for Steam release, hopefully we can do the workaround for YDKJ and buy a code from Amazon US.

In the meantime, if you want to try out some of the games you can easily go onto Twitch or wherever it's streaming and then jump into a game on your smart device via the Room Code displayed (if the game isn't already full).

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
ooOOoo, this came out of no where for me, will definitely buy it. Now... to buy it on xbox one or ps4, gotta see which friends will pick it up.

Cosoles require ratings, or at least Xbox One does.

So it's a requirement from the individual hardware manufactures then? I know the ESRB isn't law, it's voluntary, however since retailers don't want to touch anything Unrated (unless they're movies :\ ) and publishers want to move as many copies as possible, the rating on the box is de facto required.

As I said in the other thread, anyone with Chrome is able to play? I press play and nothing happens.

That's interesting and something I didn't think about. I just tested it out on my computer using my own game and it didn't work too well. One player was my tablet and the other my chrome browser on my laptop; it eventually registered after I clicked Play a few times and I was even able to participate in the first round/question (played Fibbage) but after that the browser bugged out and buttons became unresponsive so I had to stop.

mclem

Isn't that the same with fibbage? Some of the questions are very US-centric, which was my biggest problem with YDKJ and now fibbage.

They could easily make a more global friendly version in English, but then I wonder if they'd be allowed to publish that in Europe without localizations? Is it localised into French for Canada?

It irritates me somewhat that the mega Jack pack on Steam doesn't have the UK version of YDKJ, with UK questions, and Paul Kaye as the voiceover (as "Jack Cake").

Jellyvision seem to be only focussing on the US market for now.

I guess hypothetically you could play online using streaming, but it wouldn't be very pleasant unless there's, like, no stream delay, right? Something like Jack Attack would be totally broken if someone has even a second advantage, lol.

I guess hypothetically you could play online using streaming, but it wouldn't be very pleasant unless there's, like, no stream delay, right? Something like Jack Attack would be totally broken if someone has even a second advantage, lol.
GiantBomb managed to do online play using that method. I know with Fibbage that it does not end until everyone answers or the timer runs out. So how fast you answer did not matter in that game. I do not know if they changed YDKJ to be the same idea where you get points mostly if you answer right.

GiantBomb managed to do online play using that method. I know with Fibbage that it does not end until everyone answers or the timer runs out. So how fast you answer did not matter in that game. I do not know if they changed YDKJ to be the same idea where you get points mostly if you answer right.

Ah, okay. I don't know anything about the rest of the games so I was just thinking in terms of YDKJ. If playing online via streaming will work for some of the games, that seems like way more opportunities to get to play with other people.

Damn, now I'm pretty excited to try it, but still trying to hold out for the Steam version!

shandy706

Lie Swatter - 1-100 players with smartphones or tablets required

qaghsu.jpg

Haven't joined in a game of YDKJ that was being streamed but I did play a bit of Fibbage, Drawful, and Word Spud last night on two different streams-- one being streamed via PS4 the other Xbox One-- and had zero issues. It's a lot of fun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just bought fibbage last week or the week before. Now I give them more money.

Same. Oh well :)

How family friendly are the topics/questions? Have a 10yr old daughter and 13yr old son so it could be something they want to play with us or their friends.

Rated-G

It seems like they're dropping support for the standalone Fibbage? I can't tell. The game still says to go to fibbage.com to join the game but after entering your name and room code some of my streaming audience and myself even were just taken to a white screen. But using the new Jackbox.tv site worked. (Though now your name is limited to 12 characters... kinda lame.)

They also changed the way the fibbage interface works during the game in that none of the questions are displayed on your device which can make for a lot of difficulty if you're playing along with a streamed game as if the lag is bad enough you won't get a lot of time to answer the question. It worked much better before yesterday, hopefully they'll AT LEAST start displaying the questions again.

It's out on PS4?! Hell yes!!!! Fibbage was probably going to end up being my GOTY, but it looks like it finally got some competition. Going to download as soon as I get home.

I hope they add controller support to YDKJ 2015. The smart device route is not optimal, especially since quick response is such a large part of the game. Compatibility with different devices is also an issue, particularly with Drawful. Windows Phone did not work as it was trying to scroll the screen instead of draw; WiiU Gamepad didn't work because the submit button was obscured by the browser controls; my friends new Nexus phone required him to draw everything in one stroke. It was tons of fun except for the technology issues.

Fibbage is amazing and works great with the devices. Lie Swatter is also pretty cool, would love to get in a 100 player game sometime. Word Spud I could do without. Not enough structure for me.

Did Jackbox Games ever do a foreign language version? Most of my friends don't speak English.

EDIT: I know there were some German and French versions, but I was looking for Spanish specifically.

eggwolio

Same. Oh well :)

How family friendly are the topics/questions? Have a 10yr old daughter and 13yr old son so it could be something they want to play with us or their friends.

After a couple rounds of lie swatter, I can't exactly say it's family friendly. One round had me guessing which airport abbreviations were real. My choices included JIZ, TIT, CUM, DONG, ASS, and others I can't remember.

Dremark

Banned
I've been a long time YDKJ fan, played them from the first game, the netshow, and I even beta tested the TV edition. I had no idea this was coming out so when I saw it on PSN a few days ago I downloaded it immediately without hesitation.

Not sure about the other games but YDKJ is worth the price of admission alone.

Dremark

Banned
You joke but I really do want to know on differences if there are any. Like, I assume the Vita can't be used in place of a smartphone on the PS4? Would be a lot more attractive to me if it could.

You load up a Web page and click buttons on a smartphone to play the games. I don't own a vita and I doubt it has native support but if it can handle that it should work, i'd think.

Doel

Can't find reviews, is it worth it? Does it require the internet to work? I'd be getting the PS4 version.

megalowho

Gonna pick this up tonight. Fibbage is great, YDKJ is great, the price is great, Jackbox/Jellyvision is great. Hope this release does well for them.

I've got questions. Another edition of YDKJ is easily worth 25 bucks. All I need to know is, is Cookie still hosting and can games be longer than 5 or ten questions?

Can't find reviews, is it worth it? Does it require the internet to work? I'd be getting the PS4 version.

It's definitely worth it. It's a lot of fun, and it's even possible to play of the games with friends and randoms on a livestream.

Other than YDKJ and Lie Swatter, but I imagine those would be possible with share play.

Gestault

Caveman here:

What portion of these would be enjoyable without access to tablets? In effect, if someone only has controllers, would this be a good purchase?

Caveman here:

What portion of these would be enjoyable without access to tablets? In effect, if someone only has controllers, would this be a good purchase?

Do you have computers or laptops to use?

It's a hell of a lot of fun even with just computers. I'd argue that you'd only *really* be able to play YDKJ with only controllers, which would still be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom