• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Jackbox Party Pack - Coming soon [Out now, $25]

Why are there no reviews of this game on Metacritic? I've heard a lot of people discussing it on podcasts. Why doesn't someone review this and give it a 10/10 already? Do people not have time with all the big games coming out? The thing is, there are probably 100 reviews of FC4, so the chances of someone clicking on yours is about 1/100. If you review Jackbox, you're chances of getting clicks is 1/1. If you don't have time, how about you just get in touch with me and I'll write the review for you.

For everyone else, you really need to try this game with some friends. You don't even have to buy the game to try it. Just go on Twitch and join a game in progress...but you should buy the game and stream it so more people can play. Buy it to play with the family this xmas, at least the grown ups.

I can count on one hand the number of games I've played this year that are more fun. It's definitely my gf's GOTY. It's a great value for all the potential hours of fun.

Tempted to create a thread in Community for this (searched and didn't find one), but the need is imminent and the thirst for terrible drawing is real.

http://Twitch.tv/fushichou187 and join us in some Drawful!

Edit: Thanks to the few GAFers that joined in! The gf and I had a blast.

I am seriously amazed at the value and content. It feels really next gen to be able to play YDKJ with three different people across the country while only one person has the game and all you need are smart phones. I think this is really a sleeper hit.

eggwolio

I'm really fond of the new content in YDKJ. My friends are all really fond of the controller latency during the Jack Attack. They all suddenly have a chance at winning. I'm unimpressed. Big Button controllers, please.

Chitown B

I'm really fond of the new content in YDKJ. My friends are all really fond of the controller latency during the Jack Attack. They all suddenly have a chance at winning. I'm unimpressed. Big Button controllers, please.

LOL. I didn't use my big button controllers for Jack. too much crap laying around. I rather just used my controllers. Now with phones it's even easier.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Buzz controller support please!

Waxwing

Do we have any idea when the pc version is coming (other than "soon")? Super tempted to pick this up but I'd rather have it there.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Playing through Twitch, I'm still finding the connection's drop very frequently, but you can occasionally get a stable game. Drawful is fantastic.

I forgot I wanted to post that over thanksgiving this was a lot of fun. YDKJ and Fibbagge are easily the highlights. Have more than four people play fibbagge, less than four play YDKJ. Fantastic party game with friends and family. Such a shame this topic isn't more active.

sportz103

Also bought this for the family to play over thanksgiving. Drawful was the biggest hit, with fibbage being second. My favorite gaming experience in years is now 8 family members on ipads playing drawful, it was hilarious.

Bought this love it. Was a huge YDKJ fan loved the Xbox 360 version. It's great that I don't need to have multiple controllers now and all the other games included are really fun

I hate that they don't give the option to play YDKJ with controllers, we all have tablets but there's variable lag, and FUCK that.

Seriously, me and my friend's are CRAZY about this series and we all feel horrible about this.

Also, about Fibbage XL, does it include the questions of the last game or is it all new content?

georly

Bought fibbage on PS3 for thanksgiving and it was some of the best fun we've ever had.

Will definitely be picking this up if it goes on sale before X-mas.

Why aren't they releasing this in Europe? I know I can buy it on steam, but I'd rather have it on my PS4. Making a US account is a no go since I need an American credit card or an American PSN card...

SickBoy

Thought I'd give this thread a well-deserved bump. The short version: If you like local multiplayer party games, buy it. Hope it does well enough that they make future versions.

Broke this game out last night for a games night with some relatively non-gamer friends (usual content for such a gathering: lite boardgames, some casual videogames) and it was a serious hit.

Both Fibbage and Drawful were great fun and it's a huge plus that many of the games in the pack are for more than four players.

Lie Swatter is OK, but I see its value as being playable by massive numbers of players, rather than as one of the star attractions.

Word Spud could be renamed Word Dud, though. They would have done better bringing a local multiplayer version of Acrophobia (if anyone remembers that) to the collection.

As for the YDKJ content, I'm sure it's fine -- and it alone is probably worth $20 of the $25 price tag, but I haven't played it at all... as it stands, I feel like Fibbage and Drawful are, by themselves, well worth $25.

Thought I'd give this thread a well-deserved bump. The short version: If you like local multiplayer party games, buy it. Hope it does well enough that they make future versions.

Broke this game out last night for a games night with some relatively non-gamer friends (usual content for such a gathering: lite boardgames, some casual videogames) and it was a serious hit.

Both Fibbage and Drawful were great fun and it's a huge plus that many of the games in the pack are for more than four players.

Lie Swatter is OK, but I see its value as being playable by massive numbers of players, rather than as one of the star attractions.

Word Spud could be renamed Word Dud, though. They would have done better bringing a local multiplayer version of Acrophobia (if anyone remembers that) to the collection.

As for the YDKJ content, I'm sure it's fine -- and it alone is probably worth $20 of the $25 price tag, but I haven't played it at all... as it stands, I feel like Fibbage and Drawful are, by themselves, well worth $25.

I bought this on the PS3 and Amazon Fire Stick for the Rec. Center where my office is located. We played Fibbage in the lobby, and had a very large game of lie swatter running off of a projector in a large room. ( we also fired up Johann Sebastian Joust) It was a massive hit. I was thanked by several town council people who commented on our "innovative and fresh" programming.

This game might have just landed me a promotion and a fairly sizable raise! If it comes through i will buy ten copies of the Steam version and have a giveaway. :D

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What's the best way to bring this with me to family at Christmas? I have the Xbox one version but that probably isn't good.

Thinking I could buy the PS4 version, and take my playstation TV with me to my parents, and remote play on the TV. Or possibly the steam version, but I'd need to install steam on my dad's laptop and that could go badly, especially if I need to authorise something on my desktop when I'm not there.

Surprised this isn't out on iOS, that could be good with a HDMI adaptor

mrklaw

MrArseFace
follow on from previous post - would this work?

Use my Vita to remote play into my PS4 to boot up Jackbox and select games etc - and set the PS4 to stream via twitch.

Then at my parent's house, hook a laptop up to the TV, and watch the twitch stream, and play along on tablets/phones as normal?

As the inputs are going direct to the game server, the twitch comments lag shouldn't affect things? But how much lag is there on the broadcast video?

edit: can I make a twitch stream private? Unlikely anyone will watch, but I don't want randoms jumping into a family game and drawing peniseses everywhere

follow on from previous post - would this work?

Use my Vita to remote play into my PS4 to boot up Jackbox and select games etc - and set the PS4 to stream via twitch.

Then at my parent's house, hook a laptop up to the TV, and watch the twitch stream, and play along on tablets/phones as normal?

As the inputs are going direct to the game server, the twitch comments lag shouldn't affect things? But how much lag is there on the broadcast video?

In theory this sounds like it'll work. Essentially, if you can control your PS4 remotely and get it to start a game and then stream it, then you and your family ought to be able to jump in and play. When it comes to lag, YMMV so I would recommend a game that isn't so dependent on reaction time. YDKJ or Lie Swatter could be a problem. Drawful and Fibbage would be just fine.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago via my US PSN account and can genuinely say it's some of the best fun my family has had over the Christmas period for a long time! Drawful and Fibbage are brilliant.

Tregard

Soothsayer
What's the best way to bring this with me to family at Christmas? I have the Xbox one version but that probably isn't good.

Thinking I could buy the PS4 version, and take my playstation TV with me to my parents, and remote play on the TV. Or possibly the steam version, but I'd need to install steam on my dad's laptop and that could go badly, especially if I need to authorise something on my desktop when I'm not there.

Surprised this isn't out on iOS, that could be good with a HDMI adaptor

Expecting this on Chromecast eventually tbh, that'd be perfect for it

SickBoy

The Playstation version was a dud on Christmas Day for obvious reasons. Shame that the Internet connection for this game has to go through PSN.

We made do, but our group was just the right size for it to be a hit.

IMACOMPUTA

Had to pick it up on firetv since psn was down. 7 of us had a blast with fibbage and drawful last night. Tons of fun.

(Finally had something to spend my amazon coins on)

Ourobolus

Banned
Picked this up last night since I've been wanting it for some time. Had a ton of fun with just my wife and I playing, especially YDKJ and Fibbage. Couldn't do Drawful since you need 3 people though. Lie Swatter looks like it would be lots more fun with more people.

I don't really get Word Spud though...if the other players can see you put in the word, what's to stop them from not liking it all the time?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Picked this up in the Steam sale, but I haven't gotten to play it. Just played it tonight with some friends, and it was fantastic! Fibbage is a lot of fun.

Skype sharesceen + audio mixing software = 1 second delay

Way better than twitch or hitbox or steam broadcasting!

You don't know jack is actually playable with only a slight host advantage

I had some friends over for my birthday a week ago and bought Fibbage on PS4 to play around with. What I anticipated to be a half hours' entertainment turned into nearly a dozen rounds, and I found myself buying the entire party pack just in case we felt like messing around with the other offerings.

YDKJ on PS3 was basically endless entertainment, so I didn't feel too bad paying $7-8 for Fibbage on top of the party pack with Fibbage+ included. I haven't touched the package since last weekend, but I am planning on trying out the single player offerings when I have some free time.

Not too happy with the forced smartphone integration, if I had any complaints.

border

Does anyone know if the Steam version will work properly on Windows tablets?

I would love to be able to load this on a tablet and take it to a party, then just plug the tablet into a TV so we can all play. No consoles or PCs necessary.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I would love to be able to load this on a tablet and take it to a party, then just plug the tablet into a TV so we can all play. No consoles or PCs necessary.

I'd think it would be fine. So go buy it and report back, then I can buy it :)

Just bought a cheap windows tablet and thats a great idea

I used my Surface Pro 3, worked like a dream. Also used my crap work laptop and ran a game of Drawful with 8 people, also ran great. Thing can run on a toaster.

Doodis

Is this any good for just 2 players, me and my gf?
I could buy it in the US store....

Wondering the same...although I already purchased this. Was hoping to play during a New Year's party at my home, but we never got around to it. Still wondering if there's anything for my wife and I to play together.

border

I used my Surface Pro 3, worked like a dream. Also used my crap work laptop and ran a game of Drawful with 8 people, also ran great. Thing can run on a toaster.

I doubt that the Jackbox is really demanding on hardware, it's more an issue that some games just kinda bug out when they're run on a tablet because they were not built for a touch interface. Papers, Please would not work except in Windowed Mode, for example.

I just want to make sure that Jackbox works fine using only touch, and that I won't have to lug around a bluetooth mouse or keyboard or whatever. On your Surface, did you use the keyboard or was everything touch-only?

Come to think of it, why isn't this game on iOS and Android anyway?

galvatron

Saw Alex Valle playing this on leveluplive last night after a Ultra Street Fighter 4 tournament. Now, I'm seriously interested in picking it up.

Top Bottom