• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Gowans

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Sorry for the ignorance, but which one came out last night?

Castle Crashers or Galaga Legions?

You could have just read the op.

Castle Crashers in a week away and hopefully the Epic Opus Grand Finale and Encore of the Summer of XBLA.

Gowans007 said:
You could have just read the op.

Castle Crashers in a week away and hopefully the Epic Opus Grand Finale and Encore of the Summer of XBLA.

Believe it or not, almost all links are blocked at work.

I don't know how the hell GAF makes it through the firewall. Thank god it does though.

Gowans

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I don't know how the hell GAF makes it through the firewall. Thank god it does though.

yeah the day that GAF gets blocked by corporate firewall providers it will be a very dark dark day. (thank god for proxies sites or at a pinch babblefish).

Teknoman

Damn...i've got to work nights all next week. Classes start next week too... Dont think I have to go on Wednesday, but have to go to work from 4-9pm.

Guess i'll be playing from Morning till 3pm in that case :D

Nif

I hear there's a review in the latest OXM that gives this an 8.5. Link

Plus a new character shown in their dev blog preview forum. (Have to be registered to see it)

Teknoman

Nif said:
I hear there's a review in the latest OXM that gives this an 8.5. Link

Plus a new character shown in their dev blog preview forum. (Have to be registered to see it)

:D Peasant with a pitchfork! Spear type weapons are always cool. Might end up being a makeshift dragoon.

Jme

For those who dont want to register:
o7inur.jpg

Peasant

2zhfnde.jpg

Pitchfork

2 Minutes Turkish said:

I am in the same situation. For us, any site that talks about "games" is blocked (I don't understand why this is blocked but sites like ebay are not). Perhaps in GAF's description, it does not specifically say it is a "gaming forum website" or something. I also can get to most stuff on screw attack.

Anyways, I thought I read that Castle Crasher's comes out today (8/21), but I can't confirm that because, again, I am at work.
EDIT: Wikipedia does say the 27th, so if we assume that is correct than it would be next week.

Nester

We're 77 people strong on the GAF Crashers friends list. As we get closer to next week I'm sure it'll fill up. I've started GAF Crashers 2 as an alternative list in case the first one gets full, so if you get a message that the first one is full, add yourself to GAF Crashers 2 instead.

I'll be pruning the first list periodically if I see that someone hasn't been logged into XBL for a few weeks to a month, and adding people from GAF Crashers 2 over there.

Wizpig

SpeedRazor said:
We're 77 people strong on the GAF Crashers friends list. As we get closer to next week I'm sure it'll fill up. I've started GAF Crashers 2 as an alternative list in case the first one gets full, so if you get a message that the first one is full, add yourself to GAF Crashers 2 instead.

I'll be pruning the first list periodically if I see that someone hasn't been logged into XBL for a few weeks to a month, and adding people from GAF Crashers 2 over there.
Yeah, i added GAF Crashers too, it will be useful, thanks :D

Tag: Wiizpig

Gowans

yeah nothing more to say till this game comes out.

Fingers crossed we get some stuff on this weeks 1UP Show and more news over the next week (PAX) but I know so much about it now I just want the game.

Tho previews, Reviews and just general discussion from trusted people who have played it would be excellent.

Burli

Pringo
JPBrowncoat said:
Can't wait. PixelJunk Eden is not being kind to me. This is the game that will make me feel better. C'mon Wednesday!

Unless it's as unkind as Alien Hominid could be!

Gowans

theres a tonne of orbs and characters out there in videos and screens that havn't been on the blog yet.

Here is the ones from the IGN vid someone grabbed.

334rnls.png

Teknoman

Burli said:
Unless it's as unkind as Alien Hominid could be!

looking at some of the solo stuff in that XBLA summer video, its not as challenging as Hominid was.

Gowans007 said:
theres a tonne of orbs and characters out there in videos and screens that havn't been on the blog yet.

Here is the ones from the IGN vid someone grabbed.

334rnls.png

Hey you can raise the visors? Nice that you can play as the king :lol

Spruchy

Gowans007 said:
yeah nothing more to say till this game comes out.

Fingers crossed we get some stuff on this weeks 1UP Show and more news over the next week (PAX) but I know so much about it now I just want the game.

Tho previews, Reviews and just general discussion from trusted people who have played it would be excellent.

PAX is after the game comes out, hf reading news about it ill be playing it.

ampere

I'm so excited :D
I got the $5-off points card at Target for this.
I just hope my friends buy it too so I can do the co-op :/
My friends are cheap-asses when it comes to XBLA games, but they still buy retail games for $60!

Gowans

Spruchy said:
PAX is after the game comes out, hf reading news about it ill be playing it.

you know what I mean! :lol (would love some talk about it from guys who've been playing it tho)

ciaossu said:
I'm so excited :D
I got the $5-off points card at Target for this.
I just hope my friends buy it too so I can do the co-op :/
My friends are cheap-asses when it comes to XBLA games, but they still buy retail games for $60!

You wont be short of a gaf crew to go around with but yeah all my friends have been warned, they are the same with XBLA but I have let them know they will get a arse kicken if they don't pick it up to play with me.

I've been ranting on about it for so long I'm sure they will.

If anybody wants to add me my gamertag is Dark Octave. Same as here.

I sent Dan Paladin a friend request two weeks ago but he ignored me. Buster ass. :D

bengraven

Gotta admit, I'm a bit worried about this game being "too" hard. I don't mind challenge but I'd hate for this game to be frustrating.

pr0cs

bengraven said:
Gotta admit, I'm a bit worried about this game being "too" hard. I don't mind challenge but I'd hate for this game to be frustrating.
all accounts (at least at the CDN x08 event) is that the game is very hard, especially in single player mode.
Not like it's going to stop me from buying it, Alien Hominid kicks my wimpy ass every time I play it and I love it.

2DMention

Banned
Added myself to GAF Crashers.

How hard of a game can it be? It's a beat em up, after all..

Wow that IGN video link is slow as shit.

Is there a mirror @ youtube for it?

Teknoman

Dark Octave said:
If anybody wants to add me my gamertag is Dark Octave. Same as here.

I sent Dan Paladin a friend request two weeks ago but he ignored me. Buster ass. :D

I think his tag is full.

Nif

zune.jpg

Too bad it couldn't come last week. Would've had so much more time to play it. :( Can't wait for Friday.

Wizpig

Question number 1: when do Live Arcade usually come out?
BenjaminBirdie mentioned 5 AM, but which timezone?
Since i live in Europe, tell me the UK time or something like that :D

Question number 2: any info on how to unlock Alien Hominid in CC if you haven't bought the AH game? talking about official Behemoth info obviously, since the game isn't out yet.

My 1.200 points are ready.

Wizpig said:
Question number 1: when do Live Arcade usually come out?
BenjaminBirdie mentioned 5 AM, but which timezone?
Since i live in Europe, tell me the UK time or something like that :D

I just know it's 5 AM New Yorkish.

Teknoman

Nif said:
zune.jpg

Too bad it couldn't come last week. Would've had so much more time to play it. :( Can't wait for Friday.

Seriously. Even though I should have time to play Wednesday...im still not sure i'll be able to play up until work ; ;

Wizpig

Tell me about it.
Galaga is the only game i didn't buy of the SummerOfArcade, i couldn't care less and i obviously wanted Crashers to come out instead, but i guess they couldn't put Galaga as an end to this event, since CCrashers is a lot more hyped.

Teknoman

You know what would be awesome? If The Behemoth got Virt and Simon Viklund to do the soundtrack for their next old school game.
Waterfall and Harbor from Contra IV (Virt) were great old school action tracks, and Simon's entire Rearmed soundtrack was top notch.

That and I cant wait to play the river raft stage with the monsters chasing you. Always a sucker for those types of stages (Contra IV rocket ride, Contra III and Hard corps hovercycles, Gunstar Heroes Seven Force, etc.)

ElyrionX

I can play games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC just fine. But if this is as hard as Alien Hominid, I'm not sure if I'm buying it. Alien Hominid had an absolutely ridiculous learning curve that actually forced you to memorize shit and the only way to pass even the first damn boss without losing a life was trial and error. Shit like that doesn't belong in this gen of gaming.

Wurm

Banned
ElyrionX said:
I can play games like Ninja Gaiden and DMC just fine. But if this is as hard as Alien Hominid, I'm not sure if I'm buying it. Alien Hominid had an absolutely ridiculous learning curve that actually forced you to memorize shit and the only way to pass even the first damn boss without losing a life was trial and error. Shit like that doesn't belong in this gen of gaming.

I think the main reason Hominid was so hard was because of poor artwork layering. Bullets and backgrounds shared the same level of contrast, so they became pretty hard to see. With a bullet dodger game, its imperative that the player can clearly see all the bullets on their way, and Behemoth didnt understand that by making detailed animated backgrounds. An arcadey bash-em up is far more suited to their visual style and market appeal.

I remembered I can buy 1000 points or something from Xbox.com, but they dont keep my card on file do they?

Median

I've had 1200 points waiting in my account for this game since Bionic Commando came out...GODDAMNIT TIME MOVE FASTER

Aaron

ElyrionX said:
As someone who beat Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers is practically a cakewalk. I didn't reach a boss when I played though, but it was a fairly advanced stage of the game.

Top Bottom