• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
that edit oh god

NjSzzwD.gif

So while building the 08th team Gouf custom I discovered that the Gouf's gun fingers are actually a separate hand that attaches above the normal hand. Everything I believed about Gundam is a lie.

Has anyone tried using the green 00 LED on the RX-78 3.0?

The one that's actually supposed to go into the 3.0 is of course a bandai web store exclusive while the 00 ones are available on HLJ.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That's all kinds of amazing. Wow, indeed.

Tomorrow, I'm going on a date with the girlfriend to SLC, aaaaand apparently one of the Barnes and Noble's in the area has some Gunpla.
If there is a God Gundam, I'll come home with a kit tomorrow. As in, going to a store and buying one.
I can't even.

I think they mostly have wing mgs and build fighter hgs. That's all that's listed on their website

My local b&n has them too.

yami4ct

Has anyone tried using the green 00 LED on the RX-78 3.0?

The one that's actually supposed to go into the 3.0 is of course a bandai web store exclusive while the 00 ones are available on HLJ.

They all have the same housing mold and should fit. You can also get large packs of probably knock-off ones from eBay for dirt cheap and those work just as well, if not better than the officially ones. Had a lot of trouble with flickering on my official 00 ones and never had trouble with the ones I got from eBay.

duckroll

http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/

Major update on the official site. They're going to start promoting this with the end of Unicorn. The final Unicorn chapter will have a 90sec trailer attached to the screenings. Lol. Sunrise isn't wasting any time.

The staff listing is.... erm.... interesting.

Chief Director: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko (Origin manga author)
Director: Takashi Imanishi (Sunrise CG producer)

Character Design: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Tsukasa Kotobuki

Script: Katsuyuki Sumisawa
Unit Directors: Kiyoshi Egami (directed some Yamato 2199 episodes), Ichiro Itano (only seems to direct CG stuff these days)

Chief Animation Director: Hiroyuki Nishimura (Little Battles Experience)
Chief Mechanical Animation Director: Takuya Suzuki (Valvrave)

Music: Takayuki Hattori (Slayers, Code:Breaker)

Yeah, I think all the mecha action are likely to be full CG for this one. If you're expecting 2D mecha animation and stuff like Unicorn, abandon all hope now.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah valvrave really changed my opinion on CG

not ready for CG people but I think I can handle CG Robots

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CG looks pretty dope. As long as they avoid mixing CG with the other animation and don't overdo the effects I think it can work. I'm all for it if it means some better choreographed fight scenes.

duckroll

Keep in mind that the director also directed Evolve 3 (God Gundam) and 4 (Dendrobium), and the MS Igloo OVAs recently. He's been directing stuff at Sunrise for a long time now, even way back during Stardust Memories, Cockpit, Votoms, etc. He's pretty experienced and a solid pick to work with Yas imo. The CG probably just comes with the territory since he's Sunrise's in-house CG producer these days, so he's definitely going to bring his team on board for the project.

duckroll

I wonder how much of the manga they are having in episode 1. That looks like parts of volume 5 and 7

The current theatrical project for Gundam the Origin is 4 episodes covering the Char and Sayla story arc specifically. That's all they're doing for now. What they'll probably do for the anime though, is include various action beats from the older Char and Sayla during OYW as a sort of framing narrative I guess, with the majority of the story being the flashback of how they went from children to the people they are in 0079.

Blader

That CG is kinda odd looking. Normally, I'd be totally put off by it, but something how strange it looks gives me some weird hope that it'll end up looking better by release -- even though that train of thought makes no sense and is probably just self-delusion on my part!

Oh well, still a year away from the first episode, plenty of time for polish (or not).

Enron

Banned
Not to be outdone by Donkey, I got my Damashii Sinanju Animation Edit ver. in today.

14221389903_e748ba6373_b.jpg

14221388603_27c7e5f644_b.jpg

Like the other unicorn damashiis, looks fantastic. However this one is quite a bit floppier and harder to handle thanks to the massive backpack thrusters and propellant tanks. Also - if you try to mount the zook on the rifle (like at the end of Ep 5) he cannot hold it up. You'll have to get another stand JUST to hold the bazooka portion to pull that pose off. A bit disappointing considering he cost a good bit more than either the NTD Unicorn or Banshee.

Paint app was rather good, including chrome paint for the interior of the backpack thrusters. was not expecting that.

one thing I found that helps with the stability of this guy when you have him posed on a stand is to jam a bit of tissue paper into the cavity of the back that results in tilting the torso forward. The looseness of the torso flex/tilt is the main reason why its so darn floppy, and if you tilt the torso forward it will expose a gap in the sinanju's back. stuff something in here, and it will prevent the torso from flopping back into a neutral position.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Forgot to post pictures of my Astray with my first attempt at panel lining.

Bny7e0HCQAAJ3r_.jpg:large

I think using a pen is good enough for me. I just have a habit of drawing really dark, which I guess comes off in the panel lines, but they look good. I think colouring the twin boosters on the legs black and the vents/thrusters on the top fins black really helps the look otherwise it looks a bit vanilla.

Forgot to post pictures of my Astray with my first attempt at panel lining.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bny7e0HCQAAJ3r_.jpg:large[/MG]

I think using a pen is good enough for me. I just have a habit of drawing really dark, which I guess comes off in the panel lines, but they look good. I think colouring the twin boosters on the legs black and the vents/thrusters on the top fins black really helps the look otherwise it looks a bit vanilla.[/QUOTE]

What kind of pen are you using for that?

You found God?
Nope, but I prayed to him for that Barnes and Noble's to have some in stock.
Rather disappointing to see the boxes where they were, hidden behind a Yu-Gi-Oh box and some MetalModel things. :/
Like, come on. These are really cool things, and there's a ton of space on the shelf. Just organize it!
I ended up tidying up the model section. lol

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Rather disappointing to see the boxes where they were, hidden behind a Yu-Gi-Oh box and some MetalModel things. :/
Like, come on. These are really cool things, and there's a ton of space on the shelf. Just organize it!

Yeah :\

They were buried under board games at my store

but they had MG Heavy Arms. I want to grab that one once I get a few HGs under my belt

gunpla is sacrifice

Yeah :

They were buried under board games at my store

but they had MG Heavy Arms. I want to grab that one once I get a few HGs under my belt
That one is like, $55+, right?
I saw two MG Heavy Arms, one MG and one HG of Nieellls Nielsen, two RG Strike Gundams, one MG and one RG Deathscythe, and two HG Wing Felliiiiini.
I was so tempted by that Red Astray. >.>

CorvoSol

I built God. He stands atop my shelf, cradling a famous scientist/sailor scout in his powerful, mechanical arms.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why hasn't Mobile Suit Gundam UC: One of Seventy Two been released outside of theatre screenings? Are they waiting for the Unicorn OVA run to end?

Ken

Why hasn't Mobile Suit Gundam UC: One of Seventy Two been released outside of theatre screenings? Are they waiting for the Unicorn OVA run to end?

well, the "theatre" in this case was the Dome-G so it'd probably lose a lot being converted down to normal people screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom