• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advice on taking decent photos using an iPhone? I'd like to post some images if my Gundam collection in this thread if that's all right. The thing is though, whenever I take photos with my phone they always end up looking terrible!

What does this mean for G-Reko?

Assuming G Reko is a 52 episode series, does that mean it will be about a year before we see G Build Fighters season 2? Or will they run separately on different season

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hope Mr. Ral and Mao's teacher enter the tourney this time. Kirara wasn't lying when she said they were ridiculously overpowered lol.

tatsuya uses a custom Hi-Nu for the manga so I doubt it'll be another Nu.

Ah, I didn't know that. :(

I hope it's not Freedom or Strike Freedom, not a fan of that design at all!

Assuming G Reko is a 52 episode series, does that mean it will be about a year before we see G Build Fighters season 2? Or will they run separately on different season

Rumor is that G-Reko is a movie...I sincerely hope that rumor is wrong.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Build Fighters 2 is literally a poster right now so a year sounds like the minimum

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wonder what the lead Gundam for season 2 will be! It would be neat if it were a customized Nu or some other UC Gundam. :D
My bet is on the Unicorn. Zeta would be cool though.

They've prominently featured the Strike, Exia, Wing, X, and F91 (I need an HG of the Imagine) off the top of my head. I don't think we'll see those repeated.

Plus I just want some different psychoframe colour kits

My bet is on the Unicorn. Zeta would be cool though.

They've prominently featured the Strike, Exia, Wing, X, and F91 (I need an HG of the Imagine) off the top of my head. I don't think we'll see those repeated.

Plus I just want some different psychoframe colour kits

I suspect they won't want to mix the Unicorn and BF series so soon, so I think we will see something else.

Maybe a Mk III as part of a cross-promotion with the new model kit line? Though the models they use in the show are usually 1/144 scale.

Whatever they end up doing, I'm excited!

raven777

53740F4E3643B8000A

53741219424EF30016

the display model looks very disappointing...considering how much I liked Nu-gundam ver.ka.

But I guess I can wait to see some proper shots before I make my judgment.

yami4ct

seems like MG zaku 3.0 and PG Unicorn were false rumor? Unless they show up later

Event is running for 3 more days and Bandai always saves some announcements for later in a hobby show, so don't write it off yet. If they were to reveal a PG, they typically would have some sort of big, curtained of display teasing it, though. They don't always do that and perhaps that'll come out tomorrow or something. Don't write either of those rumors (particularly Zaku 3.0) off yet.

That Nightengale is sexy. Loving that low price as well. Looking at the price and the way the leg assembly works, it seems like this line will be between HG and MG. Something with a semi-complete inner frame, but HG style parts separation. Perfect for getting really large kits out cheaply. Color me impressed. Also, super pumped for Hi-Nu Ver. Ka. Love that design.

There should be a Ver. Izubuchi instead of a Ver. Ka for the Hi-Nu. Admittedly it's only a single photo, but the Hi-Nu should look meaner and bulkier to match the original lineart.

The recent Robot Damashii is closer to the lineart and looks much cooler than the older 1/200 scale figure, the first MG version, and this one.

Beth Cyra

There should be a Ver. Izubuchi instead of a Ver. Ka for the Hi-Nu. Admittedly it's only a single photo, but the Hi-Nu should look meaner and bulkier to match the original lineart.

The recent Robot Damashii is closer to the lineart and looks much cooler than the older 1/200 scale figure, the first MG version, and this one.

We do need more shots and at least for now I wish it was bigger, I will say that's it's easily a step up over the current MG when it come to bulk so I'm happy about that.

I'm really happy they went with the darker Bluish Purple instead of the baby blue from the current MG and HG.

Wubby

Not Gunpla but Yamato 2199.

Bandai seems to be into doing some big kits lately. Domeru's ship is coming in 1/1000 scale. 730mm long (about 2 and a half feet).

Edit; and man that Neo Zeong box...

I noticed the middle piece in the backpack follows the original lineart instead of the revised version that was used in the previous MG and HCM-Pro figure. The Robot Damashii came with both and let you choose which one to equip it with.

It no longer has the silver accents in the knee either apparently.

Edit: Just saw the new photos. Definitely a step up from the previous MG! Much closer to the original lineart.

yami4ct

We do need more shots and at least for now I wish it was bigger, I will say that's it's easily a step up over the current MG when it come to bulk so I'm happy about that.

I'm really happy they went with the darker Bluish Purple instead of the baby blue from the current MG and HG.

My biggest beef with the new Hi-Nu ver Ka is it seems to ditch the invoke mode that the Nu Ka. had. I love that little bit of expansion for the psycho frame. Still, if it comes out looking like that with the great Funnel stand that the Nu Ver. Ka had, I'll be happy. The reason I love the Hi-Nu has more to do with the funnel arrangement and fuel tanks than anything else.

Beth Cyra

My biggest beef with the new Hi-Nu ver Ka is it seems to ditch the invoke mode that the Nu Ka. had. I love that little bit of expansion for the psycho frame. Still, if it comes out looking like that with the great Funnel stand that the Nu Ver. Ka had, I'll be happy. The reason I love the Hi-Nu has more to do with the funnel arrangement and fuel tanks than anything else.

Well I think it would really be a disservice to include the Phsyco Frame here as it appears that Katoki is trying to much more faithful to the lineart then current MG.

I much rather have a real MG of the Hi-Nu then get yet another new version and leave the original in the cold.

Also, just because you're reasoning for liking Hi-Nu is exactly why I dislike him haha. I love the Asymmetrical look of the Nu.

I got to say, be careful looking at the Wing F-R, for some unknown reason the person who built it tried to just draw on face vents when F-R doesn't even have them.

yami4ct

Well I think it would really be a disservice to include the Phsyco Frame here as it appears that Katoki is trying to much more faithful to the lineart then current MG.

I much rather have a real MG of the Hi-Nu then get yet another new version and leave the original in the cold.

Also, just because you're reasoning for liking Hi-Nu is exactly why I dislike him haha. I love the Asymmetrical look of the Nu.

I got to say, be careful looking at the Wing F-R, for some unknown reason the person who built it tried to just draw on face vents when F-R doesn't even have them.

I totally get what they're going for with the new MG Hi-Nu, so I'm not too bothered by the lack of invoke mode. It's just something I really dug on the MG Nu, so it'll be sad not to see my preferred version of the design have it. And, yeah, symmetry all the way man. I love my symmetrical mechs, haha.

so who is buying neo zeong

A piece of me wants it for the sheer ridiculousness, but then I remember I really dislike the design and see that price and come to my senses.

yami4ct

It's a little plain IMO.

It also probably won't last 5 minutes.

Why else would the Sinanju be a literal part of the suit? Clearly FA Unicorn is going to come out, kick its ass but lose all its weapons in the process. Sinanju will eject and fully charged, Green psychoframe Unicorn and Sinanju will have one final time to duke it out.

I posted a list of Gundam stuff I am looking to sell in the Buy Sell Trade thread, so please give it a look and shoot me a message if you see anything that catches your eye!

Back to the topic at hand, I think the Neo Zeong will probably feature in a big battle near the end of the episode (think Neue Ziel). I wouldn't be surprised if the Unicorn and Banshee end up having to team up to defeat it. But tbh I hope Riddhe ends up biting it, I don't like his character at all.

Ken

I posted a list of Gundam stuff I am looking to sell in the Buy Sell Trade thread, so please give it a look and shoot me a message if you see anything that catches your eye!

Back to the topic at hand, I think the Neo Zeong will probably feature in a big battle near the end of the episode (think Neue Ziel). I wouldn't be surprised if the Unicorn and Banshee end up having to team up to defeat it. But tbh I hope Riddhe ends up biting it, I don't like his character at all.

The most recent trailer
confirms some of this post.

Beth Cyra

Yeah...but I guess it's probably hard to cut a trailer out of 40 minutes and make it interesting while keeping the spoiler levels low.

what have they done to you, fenice rinascita?!

Yeah, who ever did that clearly isn't very good or just didn't give a fuck.

I mean Wing F/R doesn't even have face vents and yet they drew them on and didn't even try to even them out.

Tookay

Why else would the Sinanju be a literal part of the suit? Clearly FA Unicorn is going to come out, kick its ass but lose all its weapons in the process. Sinanju will eject and fully charged, Green psychoframe Unicorn and Sinanju will have one final time to duke it out.

That's my suspicion. Hope it's true.

duckroll

Well, it looks like the PG Unicorn rumor didn't pan out. Which is fine. I don't think anyone was really in a huge rush to go out and build a even more fragile 1/60 Unicorn with more parts and more sliding pieces. Lol.

I'm still kinda confused by the Reborn-100 line. While having a simplified interior without a full skeleton frame makes sense for Nightingale, why would it benefit the Mk3 and GP04 at all? If they're just "detailed" on the outside, that wouldn't make them very interesting to build and could result in poor articulation for posing. It's definitely not "RG quality in 1/100" based on what we're looking at. So.... why not just make MGs? o_O

duck, allow me to elucidate.

Bandai has doubtlessly done research and found there exists a market for these designs which have only appeared in novels or MSV books and magazines, but the interest is not enough to warrant the full on engineering effort it takes to create a modern-day Master Grade. Instead we have this happy medium which allows Bandai to release more obscure designs as kits (without having to relegate them to web shop exclusives) and having simplified innards means they can spend less on engineering and slightly lower the price of the kit for consumers.

I mean, the GP04 doesn't even exist in the Gundam universe! It's a design for a mobile suit which was never completed (got turned into the Gerbera Tetra). How much of a fanbase can it have? It's a different case from the Johnnny Ridden MS's or the Zaku variants, since those utilize already existing kits as a base.

I think it's a brilliant idea.

Think of this line as the 1/100 HG line which gets used to get released for every series up till 00, except not tied to a specific TV show.

duckroll

Well okay, that makes sense from the business side of it, but what I'm wondering is about the appeal and benefit to the consumer - why would someone want to buy some of this? Let me put it another way. The Nightingale is probably going to do well, and it's definitely very smart to not fully engineer an inner frame for it, because honestly, it wouldn't even work. It's a monster mech, and doesn't conform to standard internal design anyway.

But the question is why follow that up with the Mk3 and GP04? Why not go wild with other kits of this sort? That would make it easier to differentiate the line and not draw painful comparisons. As you said, the GP04 doesn't even -exist-. It was never built. Everyone who watches Gundam knows the Tetra. This is just the base prototype which never happened. So it's going to be a mech no one really cares about, with possibly really shitty posability due to it not having an actual internal frame, and decent looking external parts. That seems extremely unappealing to me, and I find it hard to believe that such a product would actually be worth mass production for store release. Honestly, if they made a Gebera Tetra MG, and then released a GP04 MG based on that as a Bandai Club exclusive, I can see it actually selling better. Don't you agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom