• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 at PSX - Impressions, Gameplay, etc.

nelchaar

I'm playing the game tomorrow as the queue for this game was painfully long. But I did take a peek at the gameplay within their booth and it looked REALLY smooth. Can't wait to try it out

Could you hear any impressions from the crowd? Curious to see how fans are reactive to this!

Shin-Ra

the geometry in the environment is very impressive and jaggy free

really great stuff
i855Ucm9nVdJz.gif

VanWinkle

Honest question: what ever happened to the soft body physics applied to everything? We ended up never seeing that come to fruition.

I absolutely love what they're doing with the weapons in this game. They jump around from recoil, bullets with pathetic impact sound puny, that shotgun that's grossly powerful sounds menacing, and the muzzle flash is stupid gorgeous. This game is firing on all cylinders regarding weapons so far. And these aren't even the crazy ones!
Definitely. The ooomph behind those shotgun blast is going to sound glorious on a home theater system.

I can't wait to just sit down fire this game up, pop on my headset at full volume and get immersed in the world.

Such beautiful art direction.

Grimløck;142168735 said:
sadly no. this game will always be stigmatized as "pretty but generic gameplay" unfortunately.

after all the hate-posting for months and months of people who never even touched the game, no less.

Putty

Looks phenomenal! Shine a light! The level of polish is through the roof! For me, this tops the U4 footage, obviously this is out in a few month so to be expected, but in 12 month time, UC4 could literally melt faces! 2015 promises to be stunning!

Grimløck;142168735 said:
sadly no. this game will always be stigmatized as "pretty but generic gameplay" unfortunately.

Maybe for some people, but there's definitely a more positive tone here compared to... pretty much every Order thread, ever.

I'm still not totally sold on the game as a day 1 purchase, but I like the setting, presentation, and it looks like it plays solidly at the very least. The weapons have a good kick to them which goes a long way to selling me on a shooter.

Sorry for this question but i cant seem to find it: Is there a gaffer that actually played the game in here that has given his long impressions? Its hard to find it as in here its a mix of people complaining or talking about the graphics... who actually played it and what are their thoughts?

Sorry for this question but i cant seem to find it: Is there a gaffer that actually played the game in here that has given his long impressions? Its hard to find it as in here its a mix of people complaining or talking about the graphics... who actually played it and what are their thoughts?

it's saturday night. everyone who went to psx played and stood all day and they will again tomorrow. safe to say we won't get full impressions until monday at the earliest. remember, they paid to go to it so they better get their moolah's worth.

I'm glad people are finally seeing larger portions of the game and enjoying it. The game really doesnt show well in bite size chunks, it really is about playing through it and feeling the world while following the story.

Ishan

rad knows what theyre doing. I have no qualms about gameplay given their track record. only thing i have concerns about is if they try to make their cutscenes too interactive and hence have a jarring effect on game flow as in im looking at a story scene and oh now i have to interact for 2 seconds and then i get back to gameplay. thats my only concern with this game. essentially the flow overall. and i had a super high opinion of gaf prior to psx but it does now genuinely seem like an echo chamber with bloodborne getting all positive and deepdown getting all negative and order getting shit on constantly .... i'm now going to take gaf for games on the same level i take ign or gamespot or kotaku .. cool but okay. def much better informed and technical discussions but on gameplay its like every other site ....

Vlodril

I have always thought weird that they have playable demo's for the audience in this conferences and they do not put them up on the store for people at home to try to.

You would get a much bigger word of mouth about the games, the companies and the conferences themselves i think.

Putty

I never doubted my own judgement back when first unveiled, more so now....A game in this setting, with these GFX, with this quality of acting/dialogue...oh man, like someone said earlier, this would have to be one of the worst games in existence for me not to enjoy! I can just imagine myself getting lost in this, the tiniest of details and what not. RAD, you continue to have my money.

demolitio

I'm glad people are finally seeing larger portions of the game and enjoying it. The game really doesnt show well in bite size chunks, it really is about playing through it and feeling the world while following the story.

That's why it was odd to me when people were writing the game off just because of a poor marketing strategy that avoided showing actual gameplay. Some won't like it still, but plenty of us actually like TPS games and I was waiting to hear more after reading some good impressions.

It will probably get shit on a lot still, but it seems like the type of game I'll enjoy with an interesting story and setting and that's all that matters in the end, but I want this game to do well so RAD can make more console games.

It just seems like one of those games that attracts negativity though. I just wish their marketing strategy was different to see if the outcome would have been the same for those who were impatient.

Looks great to me and the IGN video and the other demo video solidified what I felt during the conference. It's my most anticipated game of next year.

Lucent

Looks so unbelievably bland. Wow, cover shooting! Wow, scripted story sequences! Scripted melee "combat"!

Yeah. It pains me that an exclusive seems this way. I was hyped at first, but this is looking more and more like something you'll run through and be done with. I'll definitely give it a rent. The only good thing about this is that February and March are already gonna be costly so I don't need another game being thrown in there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Maybe for some people, but there's definitely a more positive tone here compared to... pretty much every Order thread, ever.

I'm still not totally sold on the game as a day 1 purchase, but I like the setting, presentation, and it looks like it plays solidly at the very least. The weapons have a good kick to them which goes a long way to selling me on a shooter.

This is enough for me. I don't mind linear, cinematic, story driven games, so as long as it has solid gameplay it becomes a guaranteed buy for me.

Honestly looks pretty similar to a Quantum Break which I'm also looking forward to.

R_Deckard

So happy that RAD have now released a demo that has at least quitend the "meh" crowd, just as I had expected and hoped.

The game looks phenomenal, the attention to details like the deformed reflections on the stainless steel, the enemies gun bouncing across objects before landing on floor.. So happy with my pre-order cannot wait to play it myself.

And that Lycan fight sequence was just superb!

KZObsessed

I've watched the shootout a few times now and the guns really have an oomph to them now and the hit reactions are very good especially during the slow-mo. The gunplay looks really good now, I'm hoping we get sequels so we can get some co-op/mp with the next one but really looking forward to this now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm a little surprised we haven't had more impressions from the floor of PSX during the day from GAF members. You'd think people would have been able to post while queueing etc. hope we don't have to wait until Monday for info to come in.

The 3 shell eating shotgun looks and sounds SO satisfying. Easily the best part of the footage we have right now. On the other hand, I feel like the melee system might boarder on Resident Evil 6 style overlong animations that do more harm than good, but we'll see.

Unfortunately, the small amount of footage still didn't do much for me. I really hope we can get a look at the full floor demo.

Malcolm9

Looks so unbelievably bland. Wow, cover shooting! Wow, scripted story sequences! Scripted melee "combat"!

So what would you do different then? Walk out into the open and be a bullet sponge?

Somethings are scripted in to give the scenario more excitement (on a first play through), I don't mind that.

I don't understand why they've been so determined to keep gameplay under wraps for so long, because the shooting looks way better than I'd expected. Why take all that flak for showing nothing but cutscenes and QTEs when they could just have cut together some actual gameplay footage months ago?

I don't understand why they've been so determined to keep gameplay under wraps for so long, because the shooting looks way better than I'd expected. Why take all that flak for showing nothing but cutscenes and QTEs when they could just have cut together some actual gameplay footage months ago?

they had to build a build, and that takes time and effort away from development.

I'm a little surprised we haven't had more impressions from the floor of PSX during the day from GAF members. You'd think people would have been able to post while queueing etc. hope we don't have to wait until Monday for info to come in.

People not rushing to post their impressions is never a good sign.

Saying that, they could just be tired.

Top Bottom