• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase and CoD Direct Will Stream at 4K/60 - Additional Deep Dives into Games Afterward

They will be missed.

maxresdefault.jpg

featured-Image10775346.jpg

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Forza Horizon 6 gotta be this year. I'm not sure tho... if the stars align as planned, Microsoft gaming is packed with games the next 6 months: Avowed, Indiana Jones, Flight Simulator, Starfield DLC, COD. But putting a racing game here can improve the variety. 2026 and beyond...
It's still possible. Horizon 5 was officially announced in June and premiered in November. What's worrying is this time there are no leaks about potential release & setting, like with FH5.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It's still possible. Horizon 5 was officially announced in June and premiered in November. What's worrying is this time there are no leaks about potential release & setting, like with FH5.

I gotta imagine it's gonna take a little more time for PG to make a huge world with the new Forza 7 tech, unless they're still gonna repurpose the older engine.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Wouldn't surprise me at all if this one takes a year longer and hits PS5 same time.

Ozriel

M$FT
Literally all Microsoft has to do is give us something exclusive to look forward to in 2024. That’s it!

You mean aside from the 2024 games they’ve already announced…and will be playable by the press right after the show?

Give us Fable. Give us a good shadow drop. Prove to us that you still care about Xbox.

‘Shadow drops’ are only really worth it for smaller scale games and betas.

Ozriel

M$FT
MS hasn’t had a good E3 since the 360 era.

Don’t have any high hopes for major amazing announcements but I’m hoping Indiana Jones gameplay looks decent

This was you just last year

5Kj773t.jpeg

Amnesia?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Last edited:

adamsapple

Yeah, they made a second dev team for Fable. Tons of experienced hires from RPG studios, but also quite a bit of double hatting from Forza Horizon devs to the Fable team.

I suspect it’s a 2025 release. Very likely we’ll see gameplay at the showcase.

Oh yeah, no way in fuck Fable is anywhere close to release this year. Fall or Holiday 2025 at the earlist.

Phil has been DEAD SILENT as of late. I wonder if he will be a no show and make Sarah Bond face the audience the same way he sheepishly hid and had her be questioned about the axing of Tango and Arkane Austin. Just very unusual for him to be so quiet since all that went down. This is someone who it seemed every week had an article of him talking or addressing something Xbox related.

nial

Gold Member
Age of Mythology: Retold - not for me.
Avowed - genuinely looks like shit.
Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - not for me.
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - last one looked pretty good, will pick up the PS5 ports of both in the future (not at launch, tho)
Towerborne - not for me.
Not so bad, but no interest in watching it, either.
O Ozriel Lol, calm down. I said mean things to Avowed only (assuming it's not for the other part of the post).
Perfect Dark and Gears is all I wanna see.

We probably get neither.

Lmao at fucking Sony having nothing to show this summer, again. Pathetic.

Im officially an Xbox stan until Sony holds a proper showcase.

time for a sexy gears avatar :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:
This has 2007 vibes all over it.

Last edited:

twilo99

Phil has been DEAD SILENT as of late. I wonder if he will be a no show and make Sarah Bond face the audience the same way he sheepishly hid and had her be questioned about the axing of Tango and Arkane Austin. Just very unusual for him to be so quiet since all that went down. This is someone who it seemed every week had an article of him talking or addressing something Xbox related.

You obviously have a crush on him.. I feel ya , it’s been rough on all of us

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Makes sense. Everything is going multiplat and he cant say that just yet. He can soon though.

Tango is still the wound that will never heal. Wonder what could even be said there.

nikos

4K/60 streams for consoles that can't run 4K/60 games.

Kidding, happy to hear that. The Game Awards and Summer Game Fest are usually 4K/60, if I remember correctly.

RickMasters

Forza Horizon 6 gotta be this year. I'm not sure tho... if the stars align as planned, Microsoft gaming is packed with games the next 6 months: Avowed, Indiana Jones, Flight Simulator, Starfield DLC, COD. But putting a racing game here can improve the variety. 2026 and beyond...
As far as racing. They would be better off releasing a new big expansion For FH5….. and for FM?…. Why not bring back a bunch of tracks that have been missing since FM3 and 4, and a bunch of new cars? Plus the current FM still needs a lot of work. I’d rather see expansions and additions for FH5 and genuine improvements to FM in the areas it needs them most.

Looking forward to seeing updates footage of avowed and Indy. Hoping we see more of that clockwork revolution game too. I’m Jose three really have my attention as far as Xbox games at the moment.

Would love to see some gameplays footage of fable, everwild and perfect dark aswell. And doom should impress. They got a quite a bit too look forward too. Damn shame they are not committed to a strategy around exclusive content. They would be looking really strong.

adamsapple

Leaker suggesting that 1 first party game will be shadow-dropped at the event.

You obviously have a crush on him.. I feel ya , it’s been rough on all of us
I don’t crush on men my friend but nice try. It’s just very odd we have not heard anything from him when he always damage controls after something bad has happened like the closures of studios or cancelling of games.

DavidGzz

As cringey as this sounds, I didn't realize a game cinematic could tense me up until after that vision Neyrelle had ended in the D4 cinema. Sick ass cinematic.

This show is amazing.

Top Bottom