• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
300$-350$ for the system.

I'd guess 60$-70$ for the controller if they sell it separately.
I was going back and forth on price for a while there between $300 and $350, but now I'm pretty convinced that it'll be $300. Gotta keep the price competitive with the existing consoles. I think they've learned the pricing lesson of the 3DS also..

Hahaha. So I went to download Nyxquest, and I forgot how ridiculously horrible the Wii Shop is. I had 700 Wii Points (from years ago), and I couldn't even just get the 300 I needed to get Nyxquest. I had to pay another $10 for another 1000 points.

Well, now I'm downloading Nyxquest, and I still have 700 points. I guess I should also spend that before the Wii U.

I was going back and forth on price for a while there between $300 and $350, but now I'm pretty convinced that it'll be $300. Gotta keep the price competitive with the existing consoles. I think they've learned the pricing lesson of the 3DS also..

Yeah, not sure.

All I know is it won't be 400$ and it won't be 250$(lol).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sunday, we're going to see how the guys on Bonus Round expect Nintendo to do at E3.

How do you guys think it will go down?

Neiteio

I played Portal 1 for the first time late last year and then played Portal 2 more or less immediately after it, and those two games go together so perfectly, two halves of one perfectly complete story, that putting them together in a WiiU compilation with nunchuk/pointer and Upad control schemes would be brilliant. And Valve is like a "Western Nintendo" (in terms of charm and gameplay being paramount) so it seems doubly fitting, lol.

HylianTom

Banned
Sunday, we're going to see how the guys on Bonus Round expect Nintendo to do at E3.

Hmm.. I seem to recall someone in the thread predicting that it would double in size. It may well be that way.

Folks were also discussing who would be handling the Wii U, with some small degree of difficulty. When a media outlet's ability to discuss a console even-handedly is called into question so quickly, that speaks volumes to me.

I remember complaining about 1Up and G4's Wii coverage at the beginning of this generation, too.. hmm.. {*smirk*}

NateDrake

Mixed. Half say they are doomed for random reasons, the rest say Nintendo has to show strong games to win the core audience.

nintendoe3hypedanceguuue.gif

Whooooooo!!! 'Bout time someone made an MST3K E3 gif! Love it! Good job!

edit: Ah, so this gif has been around for awhile? Had no idea.

Hey, can you or someone make one using this gif where they're walking into the theater? Maybe just as they sit down a Upad lowers into their view with Iwata on the touch screen doing his hair toss? Or something like that. I've been conceiving it for awhile in my mind but still have no idea how to manipulate/make animated gifs (something I should really start taking a crack at):

tumblr_lpd541XVHv1qldofzo1_400.gif

Whooooooo!!! 'Bout time someone made an MST3K E3 gif! Love it! Good job!

Hey, can you make one using this gif where they're walkng into the theater? Maybe just as they sit down a Upad lowers into their view with Iwata on the touch screen doing his hair toss? Or something like that. I've been conceiving it for awhile in my mind but still have no idea how to manipulate/make animated gifs (something I should really start taking a crack at):

thing.gif

It's much easier than you'd think. You just make every frame as a separate image file, then you use any of several program to mash them together. I use a command line app called gifsicle.

Well, at least 4 boxes are sure for Wii U. Nearly sure (to be cautious).

And please, we need a Jedi Knight on the system, with motion controls ! A 1:1 light saber use centered (à la Jedi Academy but better) game, featuring gorgeous Sith planets, necropolis, tombs, etc.

Think Red Steel 2, replace Wild West setting with Star Wars locations, replace samurai sword with light saber, replace Wild West weapons with blaster pistol, blaster rifle, Wookie bowcaster and samurai powers and finishing moves with Jedi ones and LucasArts would have a licence to print money. The Jedi Knight franchise is the best of the lot imo and it's criminal that LucasArts have not only neglected the franchise but haven't brought a 1:1 Star Wars game to the Wii when MotionPlus was announced.

GDGF

Soothsayer

I think it's going to go pretty well, actually. Shane has got to back up the things he said here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471110

There will probably be a lot of "If Nintendo does X or Y right" talk that is code for "We've heard Nintendo is doing X or Y right". On the other side of the coin they'll probably discuss the viability of the Wii U post Orbis/Xbox 8 (which will account for the majority of the doom and naysaying) but all in all I expect it to be a pretty decent Bonus Round for Nintendo fans.

So, let's say Nintendo has 1 1st Party game planned for the Wii U's launch. What game would you expect it to be, and what game do you unrealistically hope it would be?

I expect: NSMB 2

I hope for: A new SSB title
I expect: NSMB

I hope for: Yoshi's Island

"My kids play ipads and are 5 years old!" "not hardcore enough" "next zelda needs to be 10 hours" "nextbox tablet will be better than wiiu" "nintendo sucks"

It's much easier than you'd think. You just make every frame as a separate image file, then you use any of several program to mash them together. I use a command line app called gifsicle.

Thanks, I'll check it out but if I can't get it to work I'm gonna come back and beseech the gif gods once more. :p

HylianTom

Banned
They will say things that will make a Nintendo fan rage :(
Why media outlets would want to write-off a chunk of potential audience, I'll never understand. I wonder how they'll handle it in the strange event where Nintendo captures the largest marketshare once again..

GUYS GUYS, days remaining are in the TEENS now.
Before ya know it, we'll be jammin' to that pre-conference techo music that Nintendo likes to play.

Pachter and Satterfield are going to say things that will make the fanboys rage.

While you are most likely correct, wasn't it Satterfield that recently said there were reasons to be excited about the launch?

I expect Sessler to be even-handed yet skeptical (not in a negative way but in a 'we need to see more' way) about it, LA Times guy to talk about Apple in some capacity, and Geoff to mention 'hardcore' multiple times.

HylianTom

Banned
I have somewhat of an uneasy feeling as the days count down. The journey is almost always the best part of anything, and our journey to E3 is almost over :

Once it's over, that's it. The anticipation is gone.
Ehh.. that uneasy feeling might be your spidey senses telling you to get ready for the feces-flinging that is about to start. :)

Linkhero1

I have somewhat of an uneasy feeling as the days count down. The journey is almost always the best part of anything, and our journey to E3 is almost over :\

Once it's over, that's it. The anticipation is gone.

Not necessarily. The anticipation will live on. You're going to switch from anticipation of E3 to anticipation of launch (hopefully) and then from then on anticipation of new content. It's the cycle of gaming.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I bet they won't talk about the 3DS (it might be lucky and get mentioned once) since the Bonus Round never talks about Nintendo handhelds.

wsippel

Banned
Pachter and Satterfield are going to say things that will make the fanboys rage.
Pachter certainly will. Satterfield? I'm not so sure. From everything I've heard, he seems to know some things about the Wii U that impressed him quite a bit. Things we don't know. He was already talking about this around last years E3, hinting at surprising announcements before Nintendo's press conference and wondering why Nintendo seemingly pulled them afterwards.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I wonder if Reggie knows about these threads. Hundreds of thousands of posts.

Actually, it's 92,306 posts.

-----

In all seriousness, they might be discouraged that on this forum only one or two threads about Wii U are on the first page.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Sorry but would anyone be willing to summarize the last 20 or so pages? Anything notable?

IdeaMan said that all of the 3rd party Wii U demos at E3 were running off SD memory cards and not BlueRay discs. He said this fact was very interesting.

Gahiggidy

As far as I remember. And Killer Freaks was never on the show floor. So I guess his contacts are working on the Ghost Recon games.

Ehh.. that uneasy feeling might be your spidey senses telling you to get ready for the feces-flinging that is about to start. :)

Not necessarily. The anticipation will live on. You're going to switch from anticipation of E3 to anticipation of launch (hopefully) and then from then on anticipation of new content. It's the cycle of gaming.

Okay guys, I will try to keep a positive attitude. :)

I will anticipate the launching of feces! And new fecal content!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom