• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzaK

I feel sorry for Cammie. It was clearly the wrong job for her. Nintendo likely hired her to fill their "casual family audience" marketing gap, but it meant she was completely out of her field at stuff like E3. It's no surprise she left after only a short time with the company.

Reggie is all Nintendo needs. He's a smug bastard, but has a stage presence like nobody else.

I hate Reggie with a vengeance. He looks like a wooden puppet parent trying to chastise their kids for not being worthy of his attention. All the while trying to sell us casual crap.

Be really boring?
Agreed. I have it, played it once, gave up.

Nibel

GUYS GUYS, days remaining are in the TEENS now.

OUl5b.gif

Those Atari cartridges will probably last a long time. I mean, they're a lot simpler (with giant honking leads and all), so they are far, far fewer points of failure.

I have two Atari Video Computer Systems (2600s) and a box of games. My dirty secret? I'm pretty sure I have a backlog of unplayed games.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a sec… I loved Pac-man as a tiny kid, but if you go back and pay some attention, you'll find that it's a pretty shitty port. We're talking "Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop" in terms of faithfulness to the original.

At the time it was quite a big deal despite its problems, was one of if not the first port of the game. It sold a shedload and certainly pulled Atari's arse off the coals for a while...well, until the abomination that was ET lol. Of course it's not going to be anywhere near as impressive today as it was then but it was great back in the day. :eek:D

Might have to dig around for an emulator again and play some of these again on my PSP now I'm thinking about it!

i lack hype for e3. i am prepared for disappointment.

Shortly, you will see someone playing this in their hands, only it will look even better. What's great is that the voice recognition software will allow you to tell Navi to shut up, and she will suspend all tutorials and hints from that point. You WILL be hyped, even if I have to lend you some of mine
LLShC.gif

AzaK

Shortly, you will see someone playing this in their hands, only it will look even better. What's great is that the voice recognition software will allow you to tell Navi to shut up, and she will suspend all tutorials and hints from that point. You WILL be hyped, even if I have to lend you some of mine
LLShC.gif

Jesus fucking christ I want that thing in my hands NOW! (The controller AND the game)

Goodlife

Sorry me going on about the touch screen again..... I know, old topics etc, but as I said, I've just got my first touchscreen phone with Android, so only now "understanding" it.

As I said a few pages ago, I haven't really seen a need for multitouch as of yet.

Now, after playing a bit more, downloading a few games, what I REALLY need is a stylus. Fingers just aren't accurate enough for the games I've downloaded. Draw something, where's my water, even scrabble (not so important with this one though) would all be improved hugely with a stylus.

My first impressions (and I've only used it for a week) is that Nintendo have got this decision spot on (if we are to discount the expensive mutli touch resistive screen)

AzaK

Sorry me going on about the touch screen again..... I know, old topics etc, but as I said, I've just got my first touchscreen phone with Android, so only now "understanding" it.

As I said a few pages ago, I haven't really seen a need for multitouch as of yet.

Now, after playing a bit more, downloading a few games, what I REALLY need is a stylus. Fingers just aren't accurate enough for the games I've downloaded. Draw something, where's my water, even scrabble (not so important with this one though) would all be improved hugely with a stylus.

My first impressions (and I've only used it for a week) is that Nintendo have got this decision spot on (if we are to discount the expensive mutli touch resistive screen)

For me it's all about weighing up multi-touch vs stylus - under the assumption we can't have both. In the end I don't want to give up the stylus for multi-touch. The ability to write and draw accurately will add much more to the overall Wii U experience that I want that I'm happy to give up multi-touch for that.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.

LLShC.gif

Seeing that promo shot reminds me how I feel this will be the first video game console for the kitchen. What I mean by that is that the decent range should allow most home users to walk from the family room to the kitchen and keep playing their games and generally dick around with all the cool apps and utilities that will show up on the thing. The part in the promo trailer where the girl looks up her wii fit progress away from the tv set is good example.

On that note, should their be any concerns about the screen visibility in direct sunlight? I hope you can be in a room with lots off natural light and not have the screen washed out.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hate Reggie with a vengeance. He looks like a wooden puppet parent trying to chastise their kids for not being worthy of his attention. All the while trying to sell us casual crap.

Being in EUrope you get to enjoy Reggiemania without the worry that his decisions are going to affect you.

Being in EUrope you get to enjoy Reggiemania without the worry that his decisions are going to affect you.

No kidding. In Europe, love Reggie. The guy presents E3 like a pro and can make anything sound amazing, and he's so much more hype-building than all the speakers who try to "buddy-buddy" with the audience.

Oddduck

Iwata deserves more hate than Reggie.

The casual crap Reggie is selling are just direct orders from Nintendo of Japan. Reggie is just the messenger.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Iwata deserves more hate than Reggie.

The casual crap Reggie is selling are just direct orders from Nintendo of Japan. Reggie is just the messenger.

Problem here is that we could storm Nintendo and demand that Iwata apologies, but he'd just need to pop out and flick his hair a bit and we'd all forgive him.

I do hope they have some next gen game for launch to show what it can do, If it all port its going to get tag for being this gen

Going by what Gearbox have said we should see Aliens Colonial Marines with better visuals than the PS3 and 360 SKUs. What I'm looking forward to the most is seeing what the LyN engine is going to be capable of producing on the U hardware...assuming that the LyN engine is going to be powering Freaks. The engine produced impressive visuals locked at 60fps for Red Steel 2, one of the best looking Wii games imo.

Kjellson

I had a dream last night that me and some other gaffer were "infiltrating" Nintendo's headquarters for some Wii U info by pretending to be composers for video game music. I shook hands with Iwata, Miyamoto was showing us around and I met Samuel L. Jackson doing voice acting for Skyrim Wii U Edition.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I had a dream last night that me and some other gaffer were i "infiltrating" Nintendo's headquarters for some Wii U info by pretending to be composers for video game music. I shook hands with Iwata, Miyamoto was showing us around and I met Samuel L. Jackson doing voice acting for Skyrim Wii U Edition.

I had it with those motherfucking dragons on this motherfucking land.

I had a dream last night that me and some other gaffer were i "infiltrating" Nintendo's headquarters for some Wii U info by pretending to be composers for video game music. I shook hands with Iwata, Miyamoto was showing us around and I met Samuel L. Jackson doing voice acting for Skyrim Wii U Edition.

hjZhU.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Might as well share too...

I also had a dream about wii u. I somehow ended up in the offices or factory at Nintendo. I found myself in this one corner of the building witnessing 6-8 Japanese men and women assembling the wii u by hand. It was at a couple of small wooden tables. They were wearing those white all body nylon covers. I got the impression that they were making prototypes for dev kits and not actual production models. At one point it seemed they were also planning how to piece the together the wii u for the final production process. I also saw some detailed blueprints of the hardware and tried to sneak some photos with my iPhone. I didn't get a chance though as I felt I'd be spotted and was too nervous to be that brash. One impression I got from the workers is that they were somewhat depressed. I wondered, was it because the GPU was underpowered?

Also, a weird but unimportant detail, their were factory shelves all around with general home furnishings, lamps and curtains, reminding me of a Bed Bath & Beyond.

MYE

Does the E3 official topic have a title yet?
How about

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference |OT| There And Maybe Not Back Again!

Because of the mass bannings and all that
Cant wait!

VAPitts

i lack hype for e3. i am prepared for disappointment.

well the emo bug is spreading again

So, we are hating Iwata AND Reggington Steel in this thread now?

What the hell guys?!

what makes it worse is that empty talk like what you're seeing is what makes these threads fill up faster. instead of people just chilling out and posting after a couple of days, they go through about 18 different stages of emotions each day and want to document each one in these threads *smh*

Gahiggidy

Does the E3 official topic have a title yet?
How about

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference |OT| There And Maybe Not Back Again!

Because of the mass bannings and all that
Cant wait!

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference

How about that?

DrWong

Ok here's the dream I had a few months ago: Euclideon Unlimited Details 3D engine is real, works as predicted and Nintendo announce an exclusive partnership by buying half of the company.

Erasus

You are insane.

MarkusRJR

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference

How about that?
Not sufficiently hype inducing. How about...

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference | Wii U? Check That Box

Or

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference | This sure as hell ain't E3 2008

Or

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference | There are HOW many more Pikmin inside?!

I dunno.

E3 2012 Nintendo Press Conference |OT| You've been duped.

Are the Gamecube and Wii Nintendo's only home consoles that didn't use Mario as an example of how to apply it's controller? WiiU looks to go back on the track of super success with one at launch that at least shows off the full game streaming capabilities, which seems to be forgotten by most.

I want to see 3D platformers and RPG make a come back in the next gen

Seriously. Even if it's just 3D Donkey Kong or something. 2D Overload in this gen...

This is the Reggie we have awaited the return of, but he just doesn't want to play anymore. I will never forget him saying that Sony's messed up psp launch wasn't his problem
KuGsj.gif

I still remember when he became NoA president and how he began E3 2007 ,,My name is Reggie and I'm... happy ;) ^^''. The real Reggie died forever on that day. Although he should be pissed again, especially at those super annoying analysts and whatnot, and clearly show it at the conference :lol Won't happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom