• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Pro in 2026 ( Brad Sams speculation video )

Fabieter

I’m thinking they pull an Xbox 360 type move and launch the next gen early. The PS5 is already far ahead and the PS5 Pro will only extend things. Making a Pro series X ox won’t do much for for them at this point. Not to mention any pro series Xbox would still be held back by the series S.

I’m thinking Microsoft launches the next generation system with cloud computing capabilities (like their leak suggested). Cloud computing means Xbox can theoretically scale up their system the PS6 ends up launching with more performance.

The Power of the cloud didnt make them any favours the last time around.

Seriously if they think it's a good idea to fuck over series owner just because they have yet another failed gen is beyond me. They need to drop hardware because they don't know what to do with it anyway. Focus on cloud, mobile, steam, playstation and switch. These guys Seriously.

Imtjnotu

I don't know what kind of performance bumps we will see going from Zen 2 to Zen 5 as that's well above my pay grade tech wise

This is some speculation on my part but I think there is a push to try and get this system out around GTA6 launch window since very early totally unconfirmed rumor numbers point to a 2x power jump over PS5 Pro

Its odd how its getting traction now as I even saw Colt Eastwood now had a video on it as well.

Seems all the Xbox mouth pieces got the same memo to go ahead and get it out there
seems that way.

from what i remember you were the first one here to say XBOX was going to be starting its next gen sooner around 2025-26. this was even before the leaked photo of the refresh xbox SX dropped.

now everyone is acting like they have a source.

you also stated the boxing warehouse was expanding to take up more inventory in regards to the PS5 Pro

Fabieter

I don't know what kind of performance bumps we will see going from Zen 2 to Zen 5 as that's well above my pay grade tech wise

This is some speculation on my part but I think there is a push to try and get this system out around GTA6 launch window since very early totally unconfirmed rumor numbers point to a 2x power jump over PS5 Pro

Its odd how its getting traction now as I even saw Colt Eastwood now had a video on it as well.

Seems all the Xbox mouth pieces got the same memo to go ahead and get it out there

Gpu wise it will more or less the same and zen 5 is rumored to have the biggest zen jump of all time with ~20% over zen 4. I don't see how they are hitting 100% over ps5 pro cpu. It won't be a worthwhile upgrade or its gonna be alot more expensive than the Pro.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
seems that way.

from what i remember you were the first one here to say XBOX was going to be starting its next gen sooner around 2025-26. this was even before the leaked photo of the refresh xbox SX dropped.

now everyone is acting like they have a source.

you also stated the boxing warehouse was expanding to take up more inventory in regards to the PS5 Pro
I was but I understand why no one really took notice until Kepler also chimed in

ripjoel

my dad works at nintendo

q4 2026
3nm
chiplet design

Series S2 1tb 349$
16c zen5 big.LITTLE
36cu rdna5 @13tf
12gb gddr7

Series X2 2tb 599$
16c zen5 big.LITTLE
60cu rdna5 @22tf
20gb gddr7

A bunch of delayed games and most of them from known devs we haven't heard anything from them yet, there is a huge gap already, not just from first party studios, it's better to start fresh and clean without covid or any obstacles, it will definitely upset a lot of people though.
They are gonna have to enjoy the fuck outta giving that 30% cut to valve then because people will jump ship in droves.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

StereoVsn

Gpu wise it will more or less the same and zen 5 is rumored to have the biggest zen jump of all time with ~20% over zen 4. I don't see how they are hitting 100% over ps5 pro cpu. It won't be a worthwhile upgrade or it’s gonna be alot more expensive than the Pro.
CPU wise I can see it as Zen2 in PS5 is pretty weak. GPU is hard to believe unless Uncle Satya is willing to lose like $300-400 per console.

What? They launch because sales begin to decline at about the 7 year mark not because they cannot offer meaningful updates 6 years later. They would wait longer if they could and would go earlier if they had to. The market is the driver here not available tech.

It has nothing to do with sales decline and everything to do when technology has progressed sufficiently and is aligned with major shrinks

There is no way the next Xbox is 2x PS5 Pro unless either the Pro is weak or Xbox goes for the highest price and power footprint ever seen in a console

nick776

I can't see 2026 being a good idea. Most people will not wait, they will buy PS5 pro THIS YEAR. I think if 2025 is the plan Xbox needs to tell people around the same time PS5 pro gets announced (similar to what they did with One X when PS4 Pro was announced). Then again, that is one of Microsoft's big problems--always late with what people want and then under-delivering. We STILL don't have a controller with HD rumble and PS5 has had it since 2020, switch has had it since 2017. Ditty for gyro controls. Makes no sense why Microsoft does what they do. I'm about done with them.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
1000 USD for high end or bust. Also make deal with Nvidia and SOUNY is D O N E *cough*

Because not even Black Magic guy himself is no match for leather jacket guy

Crayon

I'm listening to it now and it seems like he's just making a bunch of s*** up.

Crayon

I can almost guarantee those dudes are just trying to piece together info thats floating around out there and throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks

If they were truly hearing things they would have broken this news to begin with ;)

Sipping Over It GIF by Insecure on HBO

I do suspect most leaks they have are not really leaks at all.

DaGwaphics

If they are going to go with more rolling style updates every 4 or 5 years or something like that, I do think they need to get to some kind of numbered naming. That's just so much easier for software developers to communicate and for software buyers to understand. It's a lot easier for an iOS dev to say requires iOS 10+ or something like that than it is for them to say it requires the super, pro, duper 2 model of something. Even if they just start with Xbox Series X2 and then Xbox Series X3 or something like that, it will be something they will have to figure out if they go this way.

I think Sams makes a good point about that.

If they are doing a Pro style system that lives alongside the base model like they did in the X1 gen, then I guess you would need some kind of additional name to differentiate that as more of a half gen system that would still be sunset at the same time as the base model. Maybe Xbox Series Elite or something like that.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Bottom line: MS doesn't know wtf they wanna do.
So the new dream is GTA VI gets delayed, Xbox Dream Series is 2x as powerful as a PS5 pro, and everybody jumps ship to play GTA VI at 120FPS.

It’s gonna happen.
I wouldn't be shocked if some actually believe this.

onQ123

Xbox fucked up their current gen IMO with the Series S parity on games. It has absolutely crippled them and their game development.
Trust me on this Series S made things way better than it would have been without it .

As of now over 50% of the around 22 million Series Consoles are Series S & without the lowest hanging fruit approach MS know that Xbox consoles would be dead in the water & PS5 would be hitting 50 million to around 13 million right now & they would be shutting down shop.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So the new dream is GTA VI gets delayed, Xbox Dream Series is 2x as powerful as a PS5 pro, and everybody jumps ship to play GTA VI at 120FPS.

It’s gonna happen.
I don’t know why anyone is expecting anything other than the streaming box which was unofficially leaked/announced by Microsoft during the Activision acquisition trials. 🤷‍♂️

why should i watch something from someone called CrapGamer. I already dont watch anything from IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku or Eurogamer.

You should watch it for :
- The sense of entitlement on display
- The persecution complex
- The amazing comments
...but most importantly because...it's all over

Also, because of this :

gothmog

Gold Member
I'm fine with them going early with more powerful hardware, but they really need to fix their subscription plans. I have three Xboxes and basically get locked out of one of them constantly. A family plan is needed.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Tens of millions?

Aren't they around ~25M?
They'll be lucky to reach 40M by the end of this gen. That's probably even a stretch.

"What is the meaning of tens of millions?"

"Tens of millions refers to a quantity within the range of 20 million to 90 million. It indicates a large number, specifically within the tens of millions range"

Zuzu

I'll probably buy it if it comes out in 2025/2026. I love the Series X so I want to continue on with something like it. They'll probably need to release a Pro model in 2030 though in order to counter the PS6.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I like this new narrative of, don't enjoy what you have....leak news to shit on the competition....

In what feels like a week we have gone from, next year Sony will hold the performance crown on every game.....to just one year after that Microsoft will have a box twice as powerful....

But, all I know is. I'll take two of each the pro consoles or next gen, or whatever.

No way Microsoft gets this thing out for gta vi I don't think. That seems like a tight schedule. Unless gta vi is delayed.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
No way Microsoft gets this thing out for gta vi I don't think. That seems like a tight schedule. Unless gta vi is delayed.

It is quite interesting that GTA VI, in lieu of a first party title (on both PS AND Xbox) is the title that's most often used as a selling point in these discussions about near future hardware.

I wonder if either company's plans for hardware factor GTA in.

To some degree, there's a bit of a feeling that new hardware is coming for no real reason.

Last edited:
I'm listening to it now and it seems like he's just making a bunch of s*** up.
So much for Xbox having the entire gen in the bag with the Series consoles. Now the entire narrative with the discount YouTubers has shifted into talking about a new gen. Smh. Those guys are brainlets, everything is a literal smoke and mirrors to them, that they latch onto any new, unconfirmed rumors regarding Xbox and put out podcasts which are basically them making shit up as they go, with the very miniscule amount of info available. As if it'll be of much help anyway, since nothing is set in stone. They gotta keep the fantasy illusions up somehow.

Last edited:

Kerotan

If they dump the current gen so early there's going to be a lot of bad will with fans who supported them this gen.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Fall 2026 is still 3 years away, but that would mean Series X is a 6 year cycle, which isnt long given 360/PS3 and Xbox One/PS4 eras.

I'd rather MS bite the bullet and churn out something better in 2027 or whenever Sony releases PS6.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
If they dump the current gen so early there's going to be a lot of bad will with fans who supported them this gen.
I might be just drinking the cool aid but it may not even matter.

Generations won't be a thing anymore. The series consoles and the new one will have Simultaneous releases. Devs will get the options to skip the Series S all together if they want aswell.

Kerotan

I might be just drinking the cool aid but it may not even matter.

Generations won't be a thing anymore. The series consoles and the new one will have Simultaneous releases. Devs will get the options to skip the Series S all together if they want aswell.
The majority of Xbox owner's own a series S. While dropping the S is great for everyone else it's not going to give good will. Buying any Xbox becomes a shorter investment and a less attractive proposition going forward. Sales have already tanked but this as a policy will drop them even further.

Releasing a pro avoids this disastrous situation. I could actually see them starting a new gen, dropping Series S and Series S owners upgrading to a ps5 or ps5 pro.

Considering how well the Xbox Series X|S is selling right now, or rather isn't, then I'm not sure how much a more powerful Xbox console is going to change Microsoft's waning fortunes unless by some miracle we actually get to see some outstanding first-party Xbox titles between now and its release (if true). I mean we got Starfield and Forza Motorsport this year and both of those games were different levels of disappointing for me and many others given their pre-release hype etc etc. And I am not even going to mention Redfail because that was a complete disaster that I could not stomach playing for 30 minutes before uninstalling on my PC... ooops, it seems I just have! More than it deserves.

The awesome Microsoft that released the for-its-time innovative Xbox and Xbox 360 is unfortunately long dead and I really don't see the brand having much of a future personally as long as there is a dearth of quality first-party games and low hardware sales. GamePass is only as good as its games after all and if there isn't much first-party stuff then what's to stop people just switching to Sony's platform?

Last edited:

Neo_game

Wow, this is suppose to be 2x the PS5 Pro around 30TF ?

Then the cache and BW should also get big upgrade, probably 24GB memory ? This sounds like a next gen console than a pro. All it needs a good CPU to complement the GPU upgrade. Hopefully it is next gen SS not SX.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Wow, this is suppose to be 2x the PS5 Pro around 30TF ?
That was the targets being talked about in some circles well before these Xbox guys started bringing it up

Doable at a console price?

I dunno

It is quite interesting that GTA VI, in lieu of a first party title (on both PS AND Xbox) is the title that's most often used as a selling point in these discussions about near future hardware.

I wonder if either company's plans for hardware factor GTA in.

To some degree, there's a bit of a feeling that new hardware is coming for no real reason.
Possibly one of the top selling games of all time if 5 is anything to go by?

Think that could drive a company to say "Oh by the way, this is the premiere place to play this game for the next 2 years"?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Possibly one of the top selling games of all time if 5 is anything to go by?

Think that could drive a company to say "Oh by the way, this is the premiere place to play this game for the next 2 years"?

Oh definitely a giant, giant, giant game.

But, consoles normally are heralded with a new first party franchise or two, not "the best place to play a game that you can buy everywhere" (except Switch - will be interesting to see if it ends up on Switch 2). By pointing at GTA, not Spiderman or Halo, it feels slightly like the platform holders have come up slightly short, you could argue.

Last edited:

Del_X

MSFT is basically in a "kinda 3rd party" position now with Activision. Making a high-end console that is initially sold at-cost for $599 or even $699 that is expected to sell smaller amounts with 75-80% of games made under Microsoft coming to PlayStation, Xbox, and PC seems financially OK. They can actually afford huge AAA SP games since they're not constrained to one platform. They will just have a vector to draw higher-spend players into Game Pass and into "the ecosystem."

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'd love for Microsoft to have a 499 box that's around the playstation power and then a high end box for like 799.

Give me that option! I'd be all over it.

I wish Sony did the same.

Top Bottom