• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Pro in 2026 ( Brad Sams speculation video )

I'm just goanna post what I said in the PS5Pro/PS6 thread...

-The Xbox Brand/Marketing needs to be transitioned into its "surface" line up of devices. Xbox branding and marketing needs to be dismantled. This whole PS vs MSFT vs Nintendo thing-as far as MSFT is concerned does not to be a part of anymore. The surface like PC hardware device that looks like a console can inspire OEMS to make their own surface like console.
-MSFT has an ecosystem to support with x86 and ARM architecture, Sony and Nintendo do not and have to do that and as a result have their own niche market that they have conquered with talented game studios that focus and optimize games for 1 hardware.
-MSFT hopefully with Windows 12, can unify ARM & x86, SDK, programming tools- that should be their main priority especially for creating Apps and games. There seems to be a strong emphasis from the tech enthusiast community for ARM chips to emulate x86 and that's just a bad idea. There should be a strong push for making x86 code to NATIVE ARM-especially for apps and games
-MSFT needs to create a UI within Windows 12 that gets rid of the bloat and footprint of Xbox OS. The Xbox OS is no longer needed. A simple sleek, buttery smooth UI for games within Windows 12 that is easy to navigate and runs games almost instantaneously.
-PC gaming is all that is needed, and with proper UI, low OS footprint you get rid of constraints of customized limited hardware and 3-4 year cycle.
-APU's will further close the gap on running games on high quality at low costs
-Storage Medium: The Ultra Blu Ray Disk is something that is no longer needed and puts constraints on how big the game can be. Digital downloads are the way to go. External Ultra Blu Ray Disk drive connected via USB for backwards compatibility

Ill think of more as time goes by..

Being more powerful aren't exactly helping them in this gen or historically, Microsoft bought a lot of studios and talent, now is the time to prove us that they can in fact manage their assets and start to produce quality games on a good rate. COD can be weaponized against Sony once the new cycle starts because Sony will not provide them with a PS6 DEV KIT for competitive reasons, locking COD to the PS5 standards, the same way Minecraft don't have a PS5 version.

I never thought about what you said about Sony not wanting to send a ps6 devkit but that makes sense. I've had a little bit of a theory (conspiracy theory perhaps), but I suspect both Sony and MS know just about exactly what the other is going to release, except for some of the customizations that are done at the last minute. It would be in each other's best interest for the consoles to be roughly the same thing. Same power, same basic tech. Look how similar the ps5 and sx are for example. So if that's true and they're colluding/cooperating then the COD devkit thing wouldn't matter. I could be totally wrong too.

I don't know what kind of performance bumps we will see going from Zen 2 to Zen 5 as that's well above my pay grade tech wise

This is some speculation on my part but I think there is a push to try and get this system out around GTA6 launch window since very early totally unconfirmed rumor numbers point to a 2x power jump over PS5 Pro

Its odd how its getting traction now as I even saw Colt Eastwood now had a video on it as well.

Seems all the Xbox mouth pieces got the same memo to go ahead and get it out there

These Youtubers also often get their "news" from Gaf and Resetera. I've lost count of the times some bit has gained traction here and the next day Dreamcast Guy or Yongyea have a video lol

twilo99

Being more powerful aren't exactly helping them in this gen or historically, Microsoft bought a lot of studios and talent, now is the time to prove us that they can in fact manage their assets and start to produce quality games on a good rate. COD can be weaponized against Sony once the new cycle starts because Sony will not provide them with a PS6 DEV KIT for competitive reasons, locking COD to the PS5 standards, the same way Minecraft don't have a PS5 version.

Minecraft doesn't have an xbox version either

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I never thought about what you said about Sony not wanting to send a ps6 devkit but that makes sense. I've had a little bit of a theory (conspiracy theory perhaps), but I suspect both Sony and MS know just about exactly what the other is going to release, except for some of the customizations that are done at the last minute. It would be in each other's best interest for the consoles to be roughly the same thing. Same power, same basic tech. Look how similar the ps5 and sx are for example. So if that's true and they're colluding/cooperating then the COD devkit thing wouldn't matter. I could be totally wrong too.

Both companies deal with 3rd party developers working on software for both platforms. And the same company makes the chips.

They both definitely know what the other is doing in terms of the hardware spec, there's just no way that one of the thousands of people involved in these operations isn't friendly enough to share some info.

What we can see is that they don't know the business strategy that the other team will employ - take a look at neither company announcing pricing of their new system until as late as possible a couple of years ago.

Jesb

They need some big serious value where it’s stupid not to buy it. Take a huge loss and bundle a VR headset with the console. 😂

I think we are on the same page, apart from you say their good games are "mediocrity" which I dont think they are. I think they are good games. But, I agree they haven't had an industry leading megaton game for many years and that's what they need to deliver. It will only take a couple of absolute bangers to bring them back.

When we do compare releases. there is only a handful of those bid heavy hitters from the competition. so you need the big heavy hitters with the consistency in between to win the crowd over. If microsoft were releasing games like Hi Fi Rush, Pentiment, Forza, Sea of thieves, Grounded etc in between big tentpole games, I feel the sentiment would be different. Their biggest problem this year is Starfield did not land where it needed to and thats a big problem for them.

Starfield, Redfall and Forza. Let's be honest, NONE of them landed how they should've. I know Forza's been improved a lot graphically on PC but console is so disappointing shappen.

MS just CONTINUES to LEARN NOTHING from past mistakes! They are ALL lip service STILL, which is crazy! Redfall should've been a big wake up call. What do they do? Release Starfield without a 60 fps mode and sell the community on another BS excuse for why that couldn't happen. Yet again the Xbox fanboys believe it and defend it.

They should've learned not to show trailers that look and run better than reality, as they did by showing Redfall running on PC for months and months, while being marketed as Series X footage. Phil Spencer even admitted on Kinda Funny that "we won't do that anymore" ...what do they do? Release Forza, the NEXT GEN EXCLUSIVE, that looks vastly inferior to its gameplay trailers.

To be 0 for 3 on such an important year in the life cycle of SX/SX with games they needed to save their image this gen is yet another massive screw up for MS. They just learn nothing and continue to disappoint me as a SX owner. Now, I'm holding out hope for Hellblade 2. I'm hoping Turn 10 improves the visuals of Forza not just for PC but on SX too to give us a true next gen looking track racer. Right now it looks no better than the CROSS GEN GT7 which came out TWO years ago! I know this will never happen though because Microsoft is not making sure their devs treat the SX like a premium console! Their focus has shifted SOLELY to GamePass and buying publishers.

This gen started out with so much promise for Xbox. Perhaps the question shouldn't be on MS delivering a top tier console experience though. Maybe MS knows their long term subscription and Cloud services will pay off and that what's important to me as a console gamer with traditional "values" means little compared to the success they'll have in the future ...I dunno but I'm definitely not buying another Xbox that's for sure.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Starfield, Redfall and Forza. Let's be honest, NONE of them landed how they should've. I know Forza's been improved a lot graphically on PC but console is so disappointing shappen.

MS just CONTINUES to LEARN NOTHING from past mistakes! They are ALL lip service STILL, which is crazy! Redfall should've been a big wake up call. What do they do? Release Starfield without a 60 fps mode and sell the community on another BS excuse for why that couldn't happen. Yet again the Xbox fanboys believe it and defend it.

They should've learned not to show trailers that look and run better than reality, as they did by showing Redfall running on PC for months and months, while being marketed as Series X footage. Phil Spencer even admitted on Kinda Funny that "we won't do that anymore" ...what do they do? Release Forza, the NEXT GEN EXCLUSIVE, that looks vastly inferior to its gameplay trailers.

To be 0 for 3 on such an important year in the life cycle of SX/SX with games they needed to save their image this gen is yet another massive screw up for MS. They just learn nothing and continue to disappoint me as a SX owner. Now, I'm holding out hope for Hellblade 2. I'm hoping Turn 10 improves the visuals of Forza not just for PC but on SX too to give us a true next gen looking track racer. Right now it looks no better than the CROSS GEN GT7 which came out TWO years ago! I know this will never happen though because Microsoft is not making sure their devs treat the SX like a premium console! Their focus has shifted SOLELY to GamePass and buying publishers.

This gen started out with so much promise for Xbox. Perhaps the question shouldn't be on MS delivering a top tier console experience though. Maybe MS knows their long term subscription and Cloud services will pay off and that what's important to me as a console gamer with traditional "values" means little compared to the success they'll have in the future ...I dunno but I'm definitely not buying another Xbox that's for sure.

Redfall was atrocious. I agree. Starfield is a good game, imo. Not amazing but I understand the pressure and expectation which was there for that title. Good was not good enough. Bethesda clearly didn't plan to release just a good game but reality lands, and that's what it is.

Forza I can't really comment on too much as I've only played it for a handful of hours and that was 100 percent online where it played amazing. I've heard the campaign is poor and it launched in a bad state on PC. I was on console as my cockpit was set up on my series x.

All in all I would say they had 1 excellent game, 1 great game, 1 dissapointing forza game outside of the racing and 1 shite game in 2023.

It's not the year they wanted for starfield. I agree there.

Last edited:

Caio

They need to end with One / Series nonsense. Kill the generation, start fresh, return to 360 era branding, call it Xbox 720 or whatever. They need a big reset.
I like a lot my XSX, I don't see any big issue about it; about a "PRO" Model in 2026 ? It doesn't make sense at all; I already consider XSX the PRO model, and XSS the base. Having a 3rd hardware will just increase the amount of work and resources for developers, and still they would be bottleneck by the least powerful hardware. Furthermore, I really can't see any clever/logical reason of a PRO-PRO Model in 2026, and then the Next XBox in 2028 ? Just 2 years later ?
As you said, I would rather release the Next XBox a bit earlier(no PRO-pro Model), with a very powerful Lunch Line-up, and make this "so called reset". They have now a large and complete 1st Party Dev to achive this.

StereoVsn

I like a lot my XSX, I don't see any big issue about it; about a "PRO" Model in 2026 ? It doesn't make sense at all; I already consider XSX the PRO model, and XSS the base. Having a 3rd hardware will just increase the amount of work and resources for developers, and still they would be bottleneck by the least powerful hardware. Furthermore, I really can't see any clever/logical reason of a PRO-PRO Model in 2026, and then the Next XBox in 2028 ? Just 2 years later ?
As you said, I would rather release the Next XBox a bit earlier(no PRO-pro Model), with a very powerful Lunch Line-up, and make this "so called reset". They have now a large and complete 1st Party Dev to achive this.
Pro Model in 2026 is kind of pointless as next gen will be out in late 2027/2028. I could get 2025, but XSX Pro in 2026... how many would they even sell? Sales tanked this year, will tank even more over next 2 years. What the hell are they going to sell in 2026 with PS6 1.5-2 years away?

I think MSFT is making the right decision if they simply skip the Pro model, i just dont think it will work for them, im hoping xbox360 type era again for the 2026 console. They really need to focus on refining their SDK's, tools, API's, unifying everything, complete utilization of AI, so it can have the shine and polish when the console comes out. This also gives developers time to have games ready at launch (with hopefully MSFT giving them alpha-beta kits to get something going). I think MSFT is headed in a completely different direction than Sony and Nintendo and that is ok.

It would be really cool if the GPU had direct access to the SSD, where the NVME SSD is mounted or attached directly to the GPU. According to bing search/chat gpt:

"
The fact of having an SSD allows that content to be dumped into the SSD once it disappears from the VRAM, imagine being editing a huge video of several tens or hundreds of Gigabytes on your PC and finding that the graphic has direct access to it. This is extremely useful for what is called Video Encoding, which is converting a video file from one format and resolution to another format and resolution in real time to be transmitted via streaming.

The fact that the video CODEC located on the GPU has access to an SSD located on the graphics card means speeding up performance, since searching for data is much shorter than searching for an SSD installed in the system. Which means being able to access streaming video data as quickly as possible, ideal for video editing at 4K resolutions.

Another key utility will be for professional Ray Tracing, with the aim of completely storing the entire spatial data structure of an extremely complex scene, this will help speed up the rendering process and prevent systems from spending long time in generate a scene or a succession of them."

nick776

Pro Model in 2026 is kind of pointless as next gen will be out in late 2027/2028. I could get 2025, but XSX Pro in 2026... how many would they even sell? Sales tanked this year, will tank even more over next 2 years. What the hell are they going to sell in 2026 with PS6 1.5-2 years away?
This is what I've been saying. In 2024 Xbox will have to compete with Switch 2 and PS5 Pro. If Xbox Series sales tanked the way they did in 2023, what does 2024 hold when their competition is the likes of a Switch 2 and PS5 Pro? Who in their right mind would buy an Xbox Series System over a PS5 Pro or Switch 2 (all things being equal)?

If any of you think the lowest common denominator won't be the Switch 2 for the overwhelming majority of the industry, you're high as shit. Even Kottick admitted ignoring Nintendo was a mistake that was too far along to rectify once it was acknowledged.

I would wager virtually every 3rd party dev is asking themselves if they can cram whatever they're working on right now onto a Steam Deck in anticipation of Switch 2 dev kits.

Last edited:

Crayon

If any of you think the lowest common denominator won't be the Switch 2 for the overwhelming majority of the industry, you're high as shit. Even Kottick admitted ignoring Nintendo was a mistake that was too far along to rectify once it was acknowledged.

I would wager virtually every 3rd party dev is asking themselves if they can cram whatever they're working on right now onto a Steam Deck in anticipation of Switch 2 dev kits.

That's the big question around switch 2 for me. Are they willing and able to get back in the game that way. I'm not sure.

StereoVsn

That's the big question around switch 2 for me. Are they willing and able to get back in the game that way. I'm not sure.
I mean its going to be probably around PS4 raster power with much newer hardware, DLSS, all that jazz. It's not going to be amazing or anything, but should be pretty solid overall.

Crayon

I mean its going to be probably around PS4 raster power with much newer hardware, DLSS, all that jazz. It's not going to be amazing or anything, but should be pretty solid overall.

My question is how many day and date 3rd party aaa's does it get. With the switch now, we call them impossible ports because they're so infrequent. S2 could get vastly more than that, and still not be getting half the big releases. The ports won't be impossible anymore but idk how much it will be able to overlap ps5.

Fredrik

Haven’t watched the video but Xbox Series 2, a new generation, is the way to go. 2025 if possible, hype it up when PS5 Pro gets unveiled.

MS still have so many internal studios who haven’t released a game for Series consoles. Give them some extra headroom on power and make them be there early next gen on Series 2 in 2025 instead of wasting stuff on Series S/X/Pro so they won’t have anything ready for Series 2 launch.

Last edited:
Haven’t watched the video but Xbox Series 2, a new generation, is the way to go. 2025 if possible, hype it up when PS5 Pro gets unveiled.

MS still have so many internal studios who haven’t released a game for Series consoles. Give them some extra headroom on power and make them be there early next gen on Series 2 in 2025 instead of wasting stuff on Series S/X/Pro so they won’t have anything ready for Series 2 launch.
So abandon the Series S/X? Xbox already have PC for their games if someone want more. But the consoles will remain the anchor for the studios ambitions and dictate the ressources given to them when they decide what gmae they want to make. If they abandon the Series S/X, they will make a lot of people very unhappy, and that will hurt the brand more than a new console would help them IMHO. The Xbox One was supported for most of Xbox first party games because of it, and Gamepass of course. And unless the industry decide to support this move, you will get a One X at best, with few games using the console properly, or a Wii U at worse, if the consumers don't buy it, the studios won't make games for it. A game made for the Series S will be hard to scale up to this next gen console, unless we are talking about almost making 2 games like Titanfall did. And changing scope mid dev of a game means reworks and loss of time, and Xbox need to have games sooner than latter. Can you imagine if games like Fable, teased in 2020, be delayed to 2026 or latter because the game needed more time in order to be the showcase Xbox would need to sell this next gen console?

Fredrik

If they abandon the Series S/X, they will make a lot of people very unhappy, and that will hurt the brand more than a new console would help them IMHO.
They’ve sold like 25 million consoles, 75% of their customers went with Series S, sales numbers are dropping like a rock. If you take a step back you’ll notice that they’re already in the back waters of a generation when low price is the selling point more than anything else.
A reset is needed. A new focus. Real hype. Sooner than later. And devs need to be able to aim high and not have to worry about Series S.

They’ve sold like 25 million consoles, 75% of their customers went with Series S, sales numbers are dropping like a rock. If you take a step back you’ll notice that they’re already in the back waters of a generation when low price is the selling point more than anything else.
A reset is needed. A new focus. Real hype. Sooner than later. And devs need to be able to aim high and not have to worry about Series S.
Sega tried it with the Dreamcast. It didn't work. Something is needed, yes. But a new console too soon? Droping the Series S when it means alienating 75% of their customers (your number, because some posters hate that simplification)? I think that it would do more harm than good. People got a Series S under the promise that it would be like the Series X, just less powerful. No matter what, next gen will be hard for them because they will have to either stop the S and let the X continue a little longer, broking that promise, or keep them both but risk not having enough games to support the next gen console when it launch. A console is a tool to play games. Their present consoles are not that bad, the execution was the problem IMHO. Hype can't happen if there is no trust. 50 millions people got a PS5 because they trust Sony to give them what they want. More than 100 millions trusted them and got the PS4, and hopefully many will upgrade in time. Same with the Switch and the next gen Nintendo system. Xbox failed to get that this gen, for some reason. But they have a following that do love their games, their services and have trust in the brand. Why abandon them to maybe get some people that are using what their concurrents are offering?

Fredrik

Sega tried it with the Dreamcast. It didn't work.
Sega ran out of money. Don’t throw Dreamcast under the bus, it was a great console with an amazing lineup. It’s one of my all-time favorites. If Xbox would manage something similar they would break records left and right. And what you think things will be better if they wait til like 2027 and has had 4 years of plumeting figures and 95% of the market has already chosen PS5/Pro instead?
The platform need a reset. Either that or just let the Xbox console side die and focus on the PC Xbox launcher and make a lineup of living room and handheld PCs instead.

Sega ran out of money. Don’t throw Dreamcast under the bus, it was a great console with an amazing lineup. It’s one of my all-time favorites. If Xbox would manage something similar they would break records left and right. And what you think things will be better if they wait til like 2027 and has had 4 years of plumeting figures and 95% of the market has already chosen PS5/Pro instead?
The platform need a reset. Either that or just let the Xbox console side die and focus on the PC Xbox launcher and make a lineup of living room and handheld PCs instead.
It was not a critic of the Dreamcast. But the PS2 was a tsunami. I am not saying that waiting to 2027 is better, but that going too soon is a problem. The PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X showed us that those consoles are relatively niche compared to the base version. The market prefer a cheap but good console to a more powerful one. This gen Sony is rumored to have the same PS5 PS5/Pro duo, but with the gaming market not surprised by it this time. And more time to plan it and the PS4 Pro data, along with studio feedback to do it better hopefully. Nintendo is rumored to have a new console this year, because the Switch is getting really old.

And we get to Xbox. Who decided to have their games go day one on PC and Gamepass and a Series S/X strategy to go against Sony PS5. Abandon the Series S too soon? It would kill Gamepass. Continue as planned? it would probably let the PS5 take control of the gen like the PS4 did. Have a new console? It will help kill the Series S/X faster, and will put them in a bad position against the PS6. No easy answers. But one thing is certain to me, they can't abandon their actual customers for chasing new ones. They need to make them happy first, because the people that have chosen the PS5 and or the Switch won't be easily taken away. Think of it this way. Microsoft got the numbers each month of their sales, and their previsions for the next month/season/year/generation. How do you see those predictions change if there is a new console from them in 2025? 2026? 2027? How to make sure that the tech available in those years will allow them to stay competitive with a rumored 2028 PS6? How can they put the money on a new console that have to do that AND be competitive with a 300$ PS5? I like the idea of a 1000$ console that would work with the Series S/X. I would be interested in it if the power would be good even compared to most PCs out there. And another console from Xbox a few years after the PS6, to be better at a affordable price, for mass market adoption. I understand that it is not the best way to "win". But Xbox plan to "win" was the Series S/X. And if you consider that a failure, more hardware is not the solution. Better games are. And those games should work on the Series S/X because this is already good hardware.

Fredrik

The PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X showed us that those consoles are relatively niche compared to the base version. The market prefer a cheap but good console to a more powerful one.
What so why would any new generation be needed for any platform? It’ll be cheaper to keep playing on Xbox Series S/X, PS5 and Switch 1 and you say that’s what the market prefer.
🤔

For real, a new generation is needed to kickstart a new hype cycle and to get rid of restrictions for devs. If forward compatibility is possible then great but it can’t hold back the new stuff, it needs to be a bonus like how Valve does with Steam Deck.

What so why would any new generation be needed for any platform? It’ll be cheaper to keep playing on Xbox Series S/X, PS5 and Switch 1 and you say that’s what the market prefer.
🤔

For real, a new generation is needed to kickstart a new hype cycle and to get rid of restrictions for devs. If forward compatibility is possible then great but it can’t hold back the new stuff, it needs to be a bonus like how Valve does with Steam Deck.
I said cheap but good. We would still be on NES if price was the only factor. Come on :messenger_winking:.
Xbox need a new gen more than the PS5 does, yes. But it has to be done right, and for the good reasons. I will try again. How do you see a Xbox console in 2025 be received by the market? or 2026 or 2027 for the matter? The hype need games to exist. Games that are coming to Series S/X anyway. If devs were so sensitive to restrictions, we would have more games like Crysis, but thoise are rare in recent years, if not inexistent. For me, Xbox need to satisfy their current customers. The Ps3 showed that with games you can make it work, but it takes time. How many people that refused to have a series console would take this next gen one ? Instead of just waiting for the PS6? This is my problem and I am curious of what you think of it. Do you think that people are as unhappy with the PS5 as they are with the Series S/X? Or that a new console would be enough to push people to it in huge numbers?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Pretty certain its not going to be a Pro model that Xbox is bringing out in 25/26

Pretty certain its not going to be a Pro model that Xbox is bringing out in 25/26

Im glad, the xbox one x despite a well built system with plenty of power was neglected and abandoned. On top of that it was MSFT's fault for not being able to distinguish between One X and Series S. Touted "the worlds most powerful 4k console"

The series X is a well-built console, and games utilizing: zen2/rdna2/ssd/direct x ultimate 12 have started to come out. I want more polished, well crafted games. With the new refresh model with Wifi6E, at same price and possibly lower im going to buy one soon, and I will give away my one X to one of my friends

Last edited:
I highly doubt 2026 will mark a new generation for Xbox or as consoles as a whole.

We already seen the leaks back in September and the next sysytem is slated for 2028. Same with PS6 from the leaked FTC documents back when the court hearing was happening.

If there is a new console in 2026 then it will be the Pro version of the Series X. And this will be the repeat of Xbox One X vs the PS4 Pro. This is my personal speculation and prediction.

Microsoft hasn't even released half of their announced games yet. There is literally no point in a new system yet.

We have yet to play the following:

Fable 2
Awoved
Outer Worlds 2
Clockwork Revolution
Indiana Jones
State of Decay 3
Everwild
Perfect Dark Reboot

And you are telling me we are getting a new generation Xbox console in 2026? Yeah, no. Pro version? Sure.

I wouldn't rule out holiday 2025 if they can manage it

I believe they think they can capture some sales magic if they can get close to that GTA5 launch (dont kill the messenger here)

People won't wait a couple of years to play GTA6. Seems like Sony has a better chance of capturing that magic then Microzoft does especially with the Pro system if it exists.

Microsoft lost their opportunity to make GTA6 an exclusive (either temp or permanent)

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
People won't wait a couple of years to play GTA6. Seems like Sony has a better chance of capturing that magic then Microzoft does especially with the Pro system if it exists.

Microsoft lost their opportunity to make GTA6 an exclusive (either temp or permanent)
GTA6 is launching sometime in 2025 and I think Xbox would love to be in the same launch window if possible with a brand new machine

GTA6 is launching sometime in 2025 and I think Xbox would love to be in the same launch window if possible with a brand new machine

Problem is the PlayStation 5 and the Pro will exist by then. Plus I'm sure GTA6 will come out before the Xbox does.

It's going to be impossible to convince people that Xbox is the only option for GTA6.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Problem is the PlayStation 5 and the Pro will exist by then. Plus I'm sure GTA6 will come out before the Xbox does.

It's going to be impossible to convince people that Xbox is the only option for GTA6.
I agree in all honesty and not trying to convince anyone otherwise as I think its just Xbox trying to chase things

Xbox wont be the only option for GTA6 obviously I think their team loves the idea of being able to say the best place to play GTA6 which will be a monster of a game.

I agree in all honesty and not trying to convince anyone otherwise as I think its just Xbox trying to chase things

Xbox wont be the only option for GTA6 obviously I think their team loves the idea of being able to say the best place to play GTA6 which will be a monster of a game.

Which that game will be available on other platforms and probably before the Xbox releases.

Like I said i don't think it will make Xbox win the sales war by any margin.

If that's what they are betting on then they might as well buy the devs.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Which that game will be available on other platforms and probably before the Xbox releases.

Like I said i don't think it will make Xbox win the sales war by any margin.

If that's what they are betting on then they might as well buy the devs.
Nahh it wont help them win the sales war as I said back in Aug? I think it was when I first heard it Xbox wants a couple of years of sales of being a clear more powerful console and not go head to head in sales vs a PS6

Nahh it wont help them win the sales war as I said back in Aug? I think it was when I first heard it Xbox wants a couple of years of sales of being a clear more powerful console and not go head to head in sales vs a PS6

They will go head to head with the PS6 regardless. Everyone knows Sony has another one coming after the PS5.

twilo99

Someone in the PS5 pro thread had a great idea to copy the iPhone price/performance tiers

Xbox
Xbox Pro
Xbox Pro Max

No one is gonna do it but I would love to see it

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't think that's going to make much of a difference to be fair. Running away from a competitor will not work for them.
Not disagreeing with you in the least

Just pretty certain this was floated at the round table at Xbox and seems to have been well received

Would I bet the farm this is happening?

Not yet but would put the odds at 80/20 in favor its happening

Not disagreeing with you in the least

Just pretty certain this was floated at the round table at Xbox and seems to have been well received

Would I bet the farm this is happening?

Not yet but would put the odds at 80/20 in favor its happening

Maybe I'm just not seeing how it will make them dominant. I'll just wait and see what happens.

If PS5Pro releases holiday 2024, and Next Box on holiday 2025, then its Sony who has a problem on its hands. Will Sony really release a new console holiday 2026? less than 2 years after PS5Pro's launch?

I think MSFT is doing the right thing waiting to get their NextBox right: Zen5/RDNA5, PCIE 6, USB 4.0, Wifi7, latest Bluetooth, AI, GDDR7, Better NVMESSD, alternate storage medium, etc.

Neo_game

I highly doubt 2026 will mark a new generation for Xbox or as consoles as a whole.

We already seen the leaks back in September and the next sysytem is slated for 2028. Same with PS6 from the leaked FTC documents back when the court hearing was happening.

If there is a new console in 2026 then it will be the Pro version of the Series X. And this will be the repeat of Xbox One X vs the PS4 Pro. This is my personal speculation and prediction.

Microsoft hasn't even released half of their announced games yet. There is literally no point in a new system yet.

We have yet to play the following:

Fable 2
Awoved
Outer Worlds 2
Clockwork Revolution
Indiana Jones
State of Decay 3
Everwild
Perfect Dark Reboot

And you are telling me we are getting a new generation Xbox console in 2026? Yeah, no. Pro version? Sure.

If we assume 2028 is the year of next gen console ? I think it will be 2027. Then 2024 is the perfect time to release a Pro version. 2026 a Pro console will be a DOA.

Last edited:
If we assume 2028 is suppose to next gen console ? I think it will be 2027. Then 2024 is the perfect time to release a Pro version. 2026 a Pro console will be a DOA.
2027 will not be the new generation console launch. It's already been stated in the leaked FTC documents that it is Holiday 2028. Which is 8 years after PS5/Series X and is about the right usual time. 2024 will probably be the slim/refresh version of the Xbox Series (But not the Pro), the one that looks like a circle.

"A cascade of confidential Microsoft documents leaked overnight, detailing the company's Xbox plans for the coming years.

Along with emails detailing the likes of a potential eye on acquiring Nintendo and a Series X/S refresh for 2024, the leak also revealed Microsoft's plans to release a new next-generation console in 2028. The leaked slides, as seen below, show Microsoft has its next-gen console planned for in five years time. It will support "cloud hybrid games", and is currently described as an "immersive game and app platform".

Source - https://www.eurogamer.net/leaked-mi...028-next-generation-xbox-console-release-plan

oqfZlq0.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom