• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

ChaosXVI

Don't play with my heart...seriously...

I'll never understand why so many people think Metroid and Platinum is a good idea...Platinum is all about frenetic-fast gameplay, something that doesn't suit Metroid at all unless you want Another M.

They would have to censor what about Bayonetta to get her in Smash?

She can't use her guns for starters. Also her Umbrian Climaxes have to go (and any other move that makes her go naked). You see where I'm getting at?

Isn't her thing that she loses her clothes as she gets hit, since it's her hair?

I remember that absurd like 40 page thread where she ended up naked after being hit with an optional bosses Raging Demon

they are related tho

If that were true then Bayo 2 should have been a blockbuster hit that topped all sales charts last year.

There are more factors to a game selling than how well it's built, sadly.

Isn't her thing that she loses her clothes as she gets hit, since it's her hair?

I remember that absurd like 40 page thread where she ended up naked after being hit with an optional bosses Raging Demon

No, that's never actually been a thing. The drama spawned over the pose Rodin takes after that attack.

She can't use her guns for starters. Also her Umbrian Climaxes have to go (and any other move that makes her go naked). You see where I'm getting at?

samus_smashgbonk.jpg
You rarely see more of Bayonetta during climax.

And the maniac you're probably talking about is...you, right? Lovable and reliable source indeed.

Seriously, it flopped baaadly in Japan (it should've surpassed 360 first week sales, but not by much), but it's doing decently in US when compared to PS3 and 360 SKUs of the first one in US: 157k retail up to March + 7k digital from the first month alone = 164k, while PS3 sold 150k in 18 months, and 360 200k in the same timespan. And, while Bayonetta in US saw price drops happening pretty quickly, just recently Bayonetta 2 has started seeing some retailer promo cuts (from 59.99 to 44.99), and that's not that steep when compared to most of the AAA titles that came out last Holiday. No info at all about European numbers, excpt for 35,000 units sold in France up to December.

Is this new information? Those aren't good numbers but not THAT bad numbers considering install base

Bayo 2 DLC? The leak is real!

Shauni

Are you saying this is why they cut Snake? Because I'm pretty sure he used a gun, a rocket launcher and grenades.

I don't think Bayonetta is likely, but because she's a "mature" character is pretty low on the reasons as to why.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I remember Snake using weapons in Brawl, and is it really a big deal if her super attacks are less revealing than in Bayo 1-2? I'm sure they'd still be able to keep the essence of the character.

With that said, I don't actually think Bayonetta is coming to Smash. :(

Akhe

I'll never understand why so many people think Metroid and Platinum is a good idea...Platinum is all about frenetic-fast gameplay, something that doesn't suit Metroid at all unless you want Another M.
But we're talking about Platinum...this guys are genius when It comes to action. Another M 2 developed by Platinum would be great.

Adaren

You're thinking of the men in El Shaddai.

Bayonetta loses her clothes when she's kicking ass.

(she'd still have to have some aspects of her character limited to get her into Smash)

Are you saying this is why they cut Snake? Because I'm pretty sure he used a gun, a rocket launcher and grenades.

I remember Snake using weapons in Brawl, and is it really a big deal if her super attacks are less revealing than in Bayo 1-2?

He used explosives. His trademark tranquilizer gun was notably missing.

NotLiquid

I don't think Bayonetta is likely, but because she's a "mature" character is pretty low on the reasons as to why.

Snake didn't use any guns actually. His arsenal in Brawl was changed to consist entirely of his explosive equipment since that is more on the lines of cartoon-violence. Sakurai mentioned it being an intentional decision to forego the risk of an increase in age ratings. The Project M dev team did however change his grenades to his Tranq Gun since they, obviously, had leeway.

Snake isn't really as defined by his guns as Bayonetta is though.

Mach Fist, Captain Falcon's flashy and zippy 3d beat 'em up a la God Hand.

Naaaaaaaaaah, it's probably a returning IP of some sort. Whether it's one of their own or someone else's though, I'm not sure.

Neoxon

They gave Snake explosives instead, sure, but he still upped the game's rating to T. Smash 4 is now E10+ with the removal of Snake & the Tharja trophy present in the beta of the 3DS version.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They gave Snake explosives instead, sure, but he still upped the game's rating to T. Smash 4 is now E10+ with the removal of Snake & the Tharja trophy present in the beta of the 3DS version.

Wait, was the Tharja trophy story true?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Snake didn't use any guns actually. His arsenal in Brawl was changed to consist entirely of his explosive equipment since that is more on the lines of cartoon-violence. Sakurai mentioned it being an intentional decision to forego the risk of an increase in age ratings. The Project M dev team did however change his grenades to his Tranq Gun since they, obviously, had leeway.

Uh, I never noticed that. Good point!

Lol at people who haven't figured out it's Scalebound 2

In an ingenious marketing move, Microsoft announces the Scalebound 2 Special Edition, which comes with a copy of Scalebound 1: Remastered. The double pack is going to be released this fall (while the release of Scalebound 1 is moved to holiday 2016). The remaster edition of the original not only comes with all currently released DLC but also gives you an exclusive access to the beta of the sequel.

Shauni

Hm, guess I was wrong, could've sworn that Snake used a game in Brawl. But it doesn't matter, Bayonetta isn't coming to Smash anyway. It wouldn't matter regardless of what kind of content was in her game.

Golnei

Hm, guess I was wrong, could've sworn that Snake used a game in Brawl. But it doesn't matter, Bayonetta isn't coming to Smash anyway. It wouldn't matter regardless of what kind of content was in her game.

Maybe you're thinking of his neutral special in Project M? Regardless, I agree that no Platinum character will ever be playable in Smash - also, isn't the point of the separate Smash Bros. direct to deal with all ongoing DLC announcements outside of the presentation which Hashimoto tweeted about?

Shauni

Maybe you're thinking of his neutral special in Project M? Regardless, I agree that no Platinum character will ever be playable in Smash - also, isn't the point of the separate Smash Bros. direct to deal with all ongoing DLC announcements outside of the presentation which Hashimoto tweeted about?

That's my impression, yeah. I really don't even know how the topic came up, people get delusional over that hype fever, I guess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

But Wonder-Red's not just a Platinum character, he's a Nintendo character too.

Golnei

But Wonder-Red's not just a Platinum character, he's a Nintendo character too.

He is owned by Nintendo, but as much as I'd love him to be included (possibly with a few more Wonderful Ones to form a team character in the vein of Olimar or Duck Hunt Duo) he's got less than no chance of being playable, especially as DLC. An obscure sales failure which will never receive a sequel isn't exactly a high priority for representation.

I am a little disappointed that they haven't made a Wonder-Mask accessory available for the Miis, though.

openrob

Remember when The Wonderful 101 (as Project P-100) was announced after Nintendo's E3, on IGN's livestream?

That was so weird.

edit: wait no it was spike/gametrailers/whatever. still weird!

Exactly like Devils Third. Really makes your head hurt trying to understand their decision making!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I love Platinum and I love Nintendo but I REALLY hope Platinum does not work on a Nintendo IP.

They can do much better than Starfox. Metroid, Captaim Falcon, or whatever the hell people want them to work on.

Roto13

Bayonetta has plenty of wicked weaves that leave her in more clothes than Shulk or Zero Suit Samus are wearing in their bathing suit alts. Only the big huge summon ones leave her naked.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly like Devils Third. Really makes your head hurt trying to understand their decision making!

From what I remember of Project-100 and the first look at Devil's Third, it looks like they use those IGN reveals to hype up the super-hardcore with an early, somewhat rough first look, then properly introduce the game in a closer-to-final state with the usual trailers and co. in a later Direct. That might be what we'll get next week.

Zubz

Banned
C'mon guys, it's Star Fox. Let's be real now.

We know we're getting a Star Fox this year, anyway, and we've seen next-to-nothing about it...

I'm guessing it's Vanquish 2, though. Or maybe they convinced Konami to let them finish the Rising 2 they've been hinting at for awhile now.

Top Bottom