• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced Platinum Game Coming to E3 (IGN)

krizzx

But it's way too soon for Bayonetta 3 to be announced, 2 hasn't even been out for a year yet. And Bayonetta isn't an annual series so it would just be weird to announce 3 this soon.

It doesn't have to be an annual series to be announced. Bayo2 was announced over a year before it came out. If it was announced, it wouldn't be released until sometime in 2016 more than likely.

appealing artstyle, characters and world, with a high metracritic score, usually means pretty good sales, imo those are all shit in Bayonetta 2, and that's why it doesn't sell. games actually have to look cool and appealing for people to want to play them, and Bayonetta just doesn't have that, no matter how great the reviews are, or how great the gameplay is.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the gameplay is good either - it's a shallow button masher with no inherent worth, like everything else Platinum makes. The grating music, irritating stereotypical characters, self-indulgent, incoherent direction and hideous garish art only further amplify the revulsion most consumers would harbor towards it. I'm astonished Sega even let them start working on a sequel before it was cancelled initially.

ITT: the difference between Opinions, Being Wrong and Blatant Lies

Coda

Bayonetta was on ps3/360, still sold like shit. is bloodborne and witcher 3 dude bro shooter, games with a high metracritic, and have appealing artstyle, characters and world like BB and witcher 3 always seem to sell just fine.

A good point but dude bro shooters still probably make higher numbers than those games still, and those games (especially Witcher 3) still have elements that dude bro shooter fans like such as the Game of Thrones aesthetic which is way too popular now. It's like one of my friend's who's into GoT, he doesn't like video games or fantasy shit at all but for some reason he loves GoT. You can't really explain why that is, probably just the hype of the show that got him into it. Either way you can't really always pinpoint why people buy in or like certain things.

On the Wii U? I doubt there's a massive amount of sales to be had from that sort of aesthetic there, given the type of third party games which have managed a modicum of success on it. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have sold that much better on any other platform - a current generation and PC port may have allowed it to hit 500k, though.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the gameplay is good either - it's a shallow button masher with no inherent worth, like everything else Platinum makes. The grating music, irritating stereotypical characters, self-indulgent, incoherent direction and hideous garish art only further amplify the revulsion most consumers would harbor towards it. I'm astonished Sega even let them start working on a sequel before it was cancelled initially.

Really? Yeah I agree it may have not sold that much more on other platforms and I'm glad it's on the Wii U as I think it was a good fit for the type of game and console. I guess my initial point was the fact that I like that it didn't sell well, I obviously want it to sell well, but at the end of the day I'm into more niche games than other people and it only solidifies my love for unique and unusual games. Also saying this game was a shallow button masher makes you the devil. If Bayonetta 2 is a shallow button masher than what are all the other games that are actually shallow button mashers?

Cerato

Neo Member
I would assume that, with Kojima's departure, Konami's willingness to fund a Rising 2 would be at an all time high.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It doesn't have to be an annual series to be announced. Bayo2 was announced over a year before it came out. If it was announced, it wouldn't be released until sometime in 2016 more than likely.

I still highly, highly doubt it's Bayonetta 3. A Bayonetta expansion/standalone game maybe but a full blown sequel seems very unlikely.

I would assume that, with Kojima's departure, Konami's willingness to fund a Rising 2 would be at an all time high.

But Rising sold well and it's the one Metal Gear game that doesn't need Kojima. That coupled with Platnium constantly teasing the game and... well draw your own conclusion.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Mikami directed it, but there's no reason Platinum couldn't make another one. The formula is already in place, and all they would need to do is expand upon it.

It's not as if Mikami's doing anything with the games engine etc. Precisely why he moved on to id tech I'll never understand.

krizzx

Mikami directed it, but there's no reason Platinum couldn't make another one. The formula is already in place, and all they would need to do is expand upon it.

I suppose. Though, I've never seen a game that switched heads and maintained the essence that made the previous games good in the first place.

Here is looking at you Ninja Gaiden , Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedgehog, Devil May Cry, and Silent Hill.

Zubz

Banned
It probably has more chance of it being a JoJo game than a Viewtiful Joe one.

I honestly can't tell sometimes when some of you are joking around or being serious. We all surely know there's like 0% chance of this being DMC5 or a Viewtiful Joe game or any Capcom property, right?

It doesn't mean that it can't be a collab, though. The "seeing red" thing seemed too specific to not be a hint, and PG, as Clover, was responsible for a certain Red Hot Hero...

Chaotix

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/235385-platinum-tweeting-out-teases-for-their-new-game

BIwDlq2.png

Viewtiful Joe confirmed?

Ushiwaka

Oh dear lord I hope not. Literally the last publisher I'd want working with Platinum.

There are a bunch of AC artworks on PG's JPN website and Hashimoto follows Assassins Creed on twitter...

There was some rumors of a AC game set in Japan, I think a Samurai action AC game developed by Platinum would be cool.

Effect

https://twitter.com/pg_y_hashimoto did retweet Nintendo's E3 tweet recently. The only other game related stuff he tweeted was Bayonetta 2 related and the trailer for Fallout 4. I guess one can read into this that the unannounced game is coming to Nintendo systems but that might be a leap. Then again Wonderful 101 was first shown off not during Nintendo's presentation but on Spike TV I believe during an interview with Geoff Keighley. Then there is Devil's Third that was unveiled on IGN after Nintendo's Digital Event presentation was over. So it's not like this hasn't happen before and with Platinum Games too.

At least I'm not the only one. And Joseph is Kamiya's favorite JoJo...

Wait, when was GoNintendo ever banned? And why? I use that site relatively often; now I'm thinking I'm lucky for not having linked it here.

People would spam gonintendo links to dubious rumors. Really annoying.

Top Bottom