• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

Seems like reactions are really positive. So were journalists correct in saying the parts we didn't see at E3 are better than the driving sequence?

Kinyou

That was a little underwhelming imo.
I think it was pretty amazing, but after how some sites have build it up it was a bit "normal". The fighting on the truck didn't look that different gameplay wise to UC3 for example. (Well, until he jumped onto the Jeep)

Adam M

lol I almost closed the stream after the chasing scene because I thought it's over but after that I was shocked with the house scene, so coool

AmuroChan

Gold Member
Officially in blackout mode now after seeing this demo. I don't need to see anymore of this game. It looks incredible and this will be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Riddler

That was pretty amazing. I thought I was getting a little tired of uncharted but I'm back on board the hype train and can't wait.

antitrop

Astounding.

Combat looks to have improved a lot over the PS3 Uncharteds, has much more of a The Last of Us look and feel to it, which is perfect.

Auctopus

All the previews made Elena sound like she was angry at Drake for lying but that VA/Animation was 'upset' all over. Really great work, blackout commencing. (Except for the beta)

So basically the second part was a visually stunning but heavily scripted on-rails shooter?

Eh I'm disappointed, the best part of watching that was seeing the different way the first part could be played. The second looked like you weren't in much control at all. Not sure why the media hyped up the second part of the demo, the first was far more interesting to me (outside of the sheer spectacle of course)

Revven

It's just the next evolution of what they've done with vehicles before, it's awesome and what was shown here was simply fantastic. I'm ecstatic at how much control the player has during something like this, where most other devs would have made this sequence ridiculously scripted (well, the end part was on-rails but everything before that is what I'm mainly talking about). Naughty Gods.

AmyS

I was like....

PQvYOJl.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Anyone at ND:
Please get direct footage to Gamersyde ASAP. We need high bitrate footage to truly appreciate this shit and pick it apart properly. Please prioritize this for the community!
Thanks and much <3

Still shook from that crazy ass sequence.

MisterR

Yeah, it did look pretty fantastic, but it's essentially a great looking, well directed cutscene, some player interactivity existed but didn't present much challenge.

I'd like to see an Uncharted film by these guys, I'm not THAT hyped for the game though, but I'm sure it's gonna be pretty good.

Oh God, get the hell out of here with that shit. There is plenty of gameplay in Uncharted games.

So basically the second part was a visually stunning but heavily scripted on-rails shooter?

Eh I'm disappointed, the best part of watching that was seeing the different way the first part could be played. The second looked like you weren't in much control at all. Not sure why the media hyped up the second part of the demo, the first was far more interesting to me (outside of the sheer spectacle of course)

The set pieces are always pretty linear

That's why we got the PSX demo to show you the more open area moment to moment gameplay

I don't get how these guys can show you the best thing you've ever seen in the world and then come back like 2 weeks later and say you thought that was good? And then proceed to show something 20 times better.

Top Bottom