• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

Mman235

The demo seemed like an odd choice; Uncharted 2 is the one least in need a remaster in the first place, so it's the worst choice for a demo, and this section kind of throws you into the thick of things without context, and it's mostly forced action so it doesn't let you explore the more interesting parts of the game systems (the melee tutorial popping up at the worst time doesn't help). It feels like it's mostly there to show people who already like the games the improvements rather than draw in new players, which is okay I guess? But in this case I can't really blame new players being put off by it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The demo seemed like an odd choice; Uncharted 2 is the one least in need a remaster in the first place, so it's the worst choice for a demo, and this section kind of throws you into the thick of things without context, and it's mostly forced action so it doesn't let you explore the more interesting parts of the game systems (the melee tutorial popping up at the worst time doesn't help). It feels like it's mostly there to show people who already like the games the improvements rather than draw in new players, which is okay I guess? But in this case I can't really blame new players being put off by it.
It's the same demo shown on that one E3 that got the people talking about the game so much. So they maybe chose it for the sentimental reasons. Also, I'd say it's neither best nor worst section of the game, so new players will still have much to be wowed with once they get to play the game.

remember to drink when you play games for long periods..

QaydoSI.png

lol

Exclusively for Russia

CQPig_mW8AAgRS8.jpg:large

AmyS

Wow. Played through the demo last night. First legit experience with an Uncharted game (not counting Golden Abyss on VITA). Yeah the graphics look dated but I'm fine with this. Loved the helicopter fight. I'll admit that took me a few tries. I like how I could even set the motion blur options in the demo. Will be picking this up along with Transformers next week.

Loudninja

Wow. Played through the demo last night. First legit experience with an Uncharted game (not counting Golden Abyss on VITA). Yeah the graphics look dated but I'm fine with this. Loved the helicopter fight. I'll admit that took me a few tries. I like how I could even set the motion blur options in the demo. Will be picking this up along with Transformers next week.
Man I feel like I am crazy because I thought it looked fantastic.

Nameless

Turns out bumping up the sensitivity quite a bit and not playing while sleepy and aggravated yielded a much more positive response. Plus Photo Mode is pretty great in this. Hype resumed!

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I really don't know if I will be bothered to play Uncharted 1. Might just start at Uncharted 2 and go on to 3.

I don't think there will be much in Uncharted 4 in reference to Uncharted 1 that I will miss.

I really don't know if I will be bothered to play Uncharted 1. Might just start at Uncharted 2 and go on to 3.

I don't think there will be much in Uncharted 4 in reference to Uncharted 1 that I will miss.
Elena being the catalyst to Nate continuing for the treasure should be addressed in 4. She seemingly being upset with Nate again sort of bugs me but I don't know the context. But she egged him on big time in 1.

I wonder if the less photo mode options are just because it's a demo? I'm still not sure whether I'm gonna get this at launch yet, really want to play UC1 and 2 again, especially 1 because I really liked it and beat the hell out of the game many times and really want to see the new changes.

Nope. Those Photo Mode limitations are retained in the final game. Many cutscenes are pre-rendered, so that makes sense, but during aiming and certain climbing sequences, you can't use Photo Mode. It's annoying at times, because I really love the feature.

antitrop

I like the Motion Blur set on Object and Camera, wasn't quite as intense as I thought it might be. It wasn't extreme "Crysis" levels of "Oh my God, I'm just turning my head a little bit, not spinning around in a tornado".

Hypron

I've never played an Uncharted game before so I was quite looking forward to this...

But I ended up quite disappointed. I just don't really like the controls, they just feel too loose and seem to lack precision. Especially compared to the last two TPS I played, The Last of Us and MGSV.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I think some of you wanted to see U-boat pics. Here are some png's. No filters. On the graphics: I must have low standards because I think even DF looks amazing after replaying it.

re-upped with imgur

bud

i only played it for a few minutes to see what it looks like, but the lighting didn't hold up too well--it makes it look very flat, and quite dated.

I've never played an Uncharted game before so I was quite looking forward to this...

But I ended up quite disappointed. I just don't really like the controls, they just feel too loose and seem to lack precision. Especially compared to the last two TPS I played, The Last of Us and MGSV.
Everyone's been suggesting it takes some getting used to. If you've never played it before, you certainly haven't played anything like it. It's even a little odd for some vets because of the 60frames. Keep at it, and tweak the controls/sensitivity. It's a free demo, it can't hurt.

bombshell

First timer? You definitely should play Drake's Fortune.

Kosma

Banned
i only played it for a few minutes to see what it looks like, but the lighting didn't hold up too well--it makes it look very flat, and quite dated.

Yeah I was kind of shocked how flat some thingd looked, really puts into perspective how far we have come despite people saying this gen is only a small leap.

Elitist1945

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is definitely the best in the series, in my opinion. Has the best atmosphere and has so much charm to it.

At the very least they could have added Co-op Adventure... UC2 Co-op was so great.

Hopefully we might see those maps as (paid?) DLC in Uncharted 4 MP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
At the very least they could have added Co-op Adventure... UC2 Co-op was so great.

Hopefully we might see those maps as (paid?) DLC in Uncharted 4 MP.
That's what I'm saying. If they didn't want to include competitive MP because of 'balance' issues, they could have included co-op arena/adventure in the collection since there's nothing to balance there. Missed opportunity.

What the hell. I just played the demo and it's a no buy. Apparently after coming from mgs5 the control just feels horrible. I'd rather remember the fondness I had for the game than replay and have it lose some luster.

I was surprised how much the demo was a turn off for me. I've played UC1 and 2 but more recently I've played through Tomb Raider and the definitive addition a year later. The gun play in this just felt bad in comparison. I'll probably skip it now unless 3 had some huge improvements in this dept.

Disxo

I tried the demo earlier and It was quite fun (I never played an UC before), it is AWESOME, the action, the acting, the music, this is my next must buy...
after fallout 4.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
After they announced no MP I was going to hold off what was otherwise going to be a day one purchase. I still have all 3, I've platinumed all 3, I've played them all at least 5 times each and $80 Canadian is just ridiculous.

Then I played the demo the other day and I wasn't impressed, still sure I was going to wait until I could get it for cheap.

Then I played the demo again today and took advantage of two things. Remote Play and Photomode. Which both were fucking amazing. Then this started playing (1:55) and it just reminded me of how amazing the music in this series is, and how much I'll miss Greg Edmonson in U4.

Now I'm at a dilemma. 80 dollars is a lot of money for 3 games I've already played to death, and still have in my collection, without the aspects that kept me coming back so many years later, the MP. But, fuck I could get 100+ hours out of these games just from messing around with photomode and the ability to RP is so great.

Definitely still going to hold off, but I think it's worth $50-60.

bombshell

Now I'm at a dilemma. 80 dollars is a lot of money for 3 games I've already played to death, and still have in my collection, without the aspects that kept me coming back so many years later, the MP. But, fuck I could get 100+ hours out of these games just from messing around with photomode and the ability to RP is so great.

Can't you trade in your PS3 games for $20-30, so that you can get it for the price you think it's worth?

Alienous

The demo was a'ight.

Did they change the sound mixing? The score really soars, and I imagine I'd remember that from all the times I played Uncharted 2. Really good stuff.

That's what I'm saying. If they didn't want to include competitive MP because of 'balance' issues, they could have included co-op arena/adventure in the collection since there's nothing to balance there. Missed opportunity.
Well, I guess we should ask for a generous UC4 MP beta duration extension as a compensation for that! :D
Especially if it's as good as the glorious UC3 Summer beta, haha.

I thought Canadians had a 30% discount for pre-orders, so that's less than $60. Am I wrong/misinformed?

After they announced no MP I was going to hold off what was otherwise going to be a day one purchase. I still have all 3, I've platinumed all 3, I've played them all at least 5 times each and $80 Canadian is just ridiculous.

Then I played the demo the other day and I wasn't impressed, still sure I was going to wait until I could get it for cheap.

Then I played the demo again today and took advantage of two things. Remote Play and Photomode. Which both were fucking amazing. Then this started playing (1:55) and it just reminded me of how amazing the music in this series is, and how much I'll miss Greg Edmonson in U4.

Just buy it later. You don't have to buy it right away.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Can't you trade in your PS3 games for $20-30, so that you can get it for the price you think it's worth?

No, they're worth like $2-7 each. I'd probably get $10, maybe $15 in total. Plus, then I'd be trading in and losing multiplayer and co-op as well which I'm definitely not doing even if I could straight up swap the PS3 versions for the collection.

I thought Canadians had a 30% discount for pre-orders, so that's less than $60. Am I wrong/misinformed?

That was during Amazon E3 deals, and they announced no MP for UC a couple weeks before E3, so I never bothered pre-ordering it. Ah well, I'll wait.

Mifune

Mehmber
The demo was a'ight.

Did that change the sound mixing? The score really soars, and I imagine I'd remember that from all the times I played Uncharted 2. Really good stuff.

I noticed this as well. Sounded amazing.

Looked great. Played great. The helicopter fight is one of my least favorite parts of the series, though.

I've never played a single Uncharted game, but this demo sold me on the Drake Collection. I love the banter between Drake and Chloe (especially the exchange that occurred when I instinctively dove into the pool) and the shooting is quite solid. The chopper "boss" (is it considered a boss?) was a little underwhelming in that it was a bit too easy, but that's nitpicking. Had a lot of fun and played through about four or five times. I'll be picking this up for sure.

Loudninja

Ah yes the UC2 OT was amazing.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375555&page=75

I've never played a single Uncharted game, but this demo sold me on the Drake Collection. I love the banter between Drake and Chloe (especially the exchange that occurred when I instinctively dove into the pool) and the shooting is quite solid. The chopper "boss" (is it considered a boss?) was a little underwhelming in that it was a bit too easy, but that's nitpicking. Had a lot of fun and played through about four or five times. I'll be picking this up for sure.
You are in for alot of awesome.

Top Bottom