• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

I forgot that there was a time when not every tps/fps had the same exact control scheme. Took me a minute to adjust. Still plays as great as ever.
Can't wait to platinum these again.

Has the download size been revealed yet?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah I meant Gears although I did play the two psp god of wars in 3d as part of the ps3 collection. Some people don't care for 3d but for me its like looking through a window into a living world.
It would have been impossible due to disc space limitations. All that video would have to be stored in a 3D format and it's already pushing the limits of s single disc. Plus, implementing it for only one title would have been odd for a collection.

I haven't played uncharted 2 in so long, the smile on my face man, didn't expect so much joy from the demo!

60 FPS felt really good
Cutscenes looks kinda bad, but gameplay looked and felt great
That loading after the cutscene, I don't think that was there in the original. It was really lengthy and immersion breaking.

Can you change the control in full game? Throwing grenade while aiming is uncomfortable for me. Although i can swap R1/L1 with R2/L2 but DS4 trigger is so good that i don't want to change :(

Its not suppose to be I don't get the comparisons.

Agreed UC and TLOU can't be compared. 2 totally different types of games. TLOU looks great if not better then this collection but that's because TLOU doesn't have all the set pieces and physics and so much happening on screen as the UC games.

zkorejo

Do I get to be in the Beta even if I buy the game later (before December ofc.)?

If I get a used copy by then, would I still be in the beta or does it come with a code?

GavinUK86

I forgot that there was a time when not every tps/fps had the same exact control scheme. Took me a minute to adjust. Still plays as great as ever.
Can't wait to platinum these again.

Has the download size been revealed yet?

Do you mean the size of the entire collection? If so then yes, 44GB.

Garuda1One

I haven't played uncharted 2 in so long, the snow on my face man, didn't expect so much joy from the demo!

60 FPS felt really good
Cutscenes looks kinda bad, but gameplay liked and felt great
That loading after the cutscene, I don't think that was there in the original. It was really lengthy and immersion breaking.

true.. the loading is annoying, it was not in the original i believe.. so maybe because it is a demo ?

zsynqx

Agreed UC and TLOU can't be compared. 2 totally different types of games. TLOU looks great if not better then this collection but that's because TLOU doesn't have all the set pieces and physics and so much happening on screen as the UC games.

Levels in the Last of Us are generally much wider than the Uncharteds, and npc animation and ai as well as the use of ambient lighting is far more complex so it kinda evens itself out. Just that they found more ways to squeeze power out of the old ps3. Uncharted 3 actually looks more consistant visually than TLOU imho.

VariantX

Think I want to add this to my library at some point. I never liked how these games felt before but this version of uncharted feels tight and snappy to me.

I haven't played uncharted 2 in so long, the smile on my face man, didn't expect so much joy from the demo!

60 FPS felt really good
Cutscenes looks kinda bad, but gameplay looked and felt great

Normally you'd get the initial loading screen after the main menu and then it would load behind the cutscenes, but the demo seems to go straight into the cutscene and doesn't do the initial load. I'm guessing that's why. I imagine the final game will be more like the originals.

Malcolm9

I will be picking this up but the demo really showed how weak the shooting and melee are these days.

I enjoyed them when I played the originals but after playing Mad Max recently I just think those mechanics look really soft in Uncharted.

I can't be to critical though as that's how they were.

TitusTroy

why is this being compared to TLOU?...the only similarity is the same developer...Nathan Drake is Indiana Jones while Joel and Elle are Rick Grimes and Arya Stark

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Sorry if this has been asked before but why was the review thread locked? I don't see how this would be any more or less controversial than any other game.

Persona7

Banned
I wanted to play this before bed but PSN is slow as heck like usual. What should take minutes on my network takes hours on PSN.

Ratrat

Sorry if this has been asked before but why was the review thread locked? I don't see how this would be any more or less controversial than any other game.
Its the last post in the thread.
Today, 12:29 AM