• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection demo up in PS Store Worldwide

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could freeze myself until release day, this demo has made me thirsty for the full game.

ps3ud0

I don't think Bluepoint makes those decisions. I'm guessing it was Sony's choice in response to not only MCC but also their own Driveclub. It was the wrong call, imo, but w/e.
U4 was originally expected to arrive only a few months after this collection - made little sense to divide the community between the collection and the latest game

Demo played fine but had this weird bug when walking forwards. Will try it again in the morning...

ps3ud0 8)

here. real pngs.

j75yl7.png

Looks a little rough in some spots, but the game is 6 years old.

The doors are distracting..

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, after replaying the key sections of both lately, it really surprised me just how much better UC3 actually looked. (other than image quality which was sometimes better, sometimes worse than in UC2).

I have somehow in my mind built up the image of visual equality between the two, but I think this collection will surprise many people with just how much better looking UC3 actually is.

Yeah, after replaying the key sections of both lately, it really surprised me just how much better UC3 actually looked. (other than image quality which was sometimes better, sometimes worse than in UC2).

I have somehow in my mind built up the image of visual equality between the two, but I think this collection will surprise many people with just how much better looking UC3 actually is.

Yeah. UC2 is a fantastic improvement over UC1, but UC3 and TLOU was ND just pushing everything damn ouch out of that PS3.

leng jai

Yeah, UC3 had significantly better tech but then suffered from some bad IQ issues. I'll never forget how appalling the shadow aliasing looked in the beginning section.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I really wish they added 3D support for all three games. Or at the very least, kept the existing 3D support for Uncharted 3.

Uncharted 3 in 3D was an amazing experience in 3D, that could now be done with Ben better IQ.

Sony loves shitting on NA, it seems.

Can you blame them? ;)

Should it be up now or are you running on GCT?

I really wish they added 3D support for all three games. Or at the very least, kept the existing 3D support for Uncharted 3.

Uncharted 3 in 3D was an amazing experience in 3D, that could now be done with Ben better IQ.

This is my biggest disappointment with the collection, it was awesome on U3 :(

Chao

I was playing TLOU remastered just yesterday.

I completely forgot how shitty the sound effects in UC were compared to TLOU, which has the best gun sound effects on any game I've ever played.

Although it may have something to do with the demo, since voices sounded iffy as well (spanish audio at least)

zsynqx

I completely forgot how shitty the sound effects in UC were compared to TLOU, which has the best gun sound effects on any game I've ever played.

Although it may have something to do with the demo, since voices sounded iffy as well (spanish audio at least)

Yup, makes a huge difference. Luckily TLOU sound director is working on Uncharted 4.

EGM1966

Sony loves shitting on NA, it seems.
Buy less Xboxes!

Actually I find it bizarre - Uncharted with MP is perfect title to push in region and this is perfect way to invest them in the story and lined up to buy U4 and get full MP experience.

Odd but there you go. Sure it'll arrive soon enough.

Looks lovely. I just sampled tiny but then left it. Will definately double dip for 60fps/1080p now and a re-run through the entire saga so far.

leng jai

Uncharted has pretty nice sound design but the actual weapon sounds are indeed horrible and unsatisfying. It is part of the reason why the gunplay in TLOU feels significnalty better.

Bold One

will be holding off the collection, was really hoping it would have the MP but without that, I dont feel its a worthwhile investment.

Shame, it would have been a perfect autumn game with friends

EGM1966

will be holding off the collection, was really hoping it would have the MP but without that, I dont feel its a worthwhile investment.

Shame, it would have been a perfect autumn game with friends
The core target for this seems to be Xbox or Wii owners who have come over to PS4 and haven't likely played Uncharted.

It's goal is to invest them in the characters and narrative (the SP aspect clearly being huge part of the franchises draw) and ready to buy U4.

There's the beta for U4 MP but that's just there to serve same purpose.

Shane but it's obvious they only want people focused on U4 for MP.

Chao

Uncharted has pretty nice sound design but the actual weapon sounds are indeed horrible and unsatisfying. It is part of the reason why the gunplay in TLOU feels significnalty better.

Yeah, I meant the gun sound effects mostly, everything else sounds superb. And the music is nuts.

madmackem

No, hyperbole is when people praise the series as one of the best games ever. The set pieces are nice, don't get me wrong, but gameplay is shit.

No.

Your missing in your opinion its shit, because for millions of others its far from shit, i spent hundreds or hours playing mp on ps3 as did many others.

Huggers

No, hyperbole is when people praise the series as one of the best games ever. The set pieces are nice, don't get me wrong, but gameplay is shit.

No.

Always best if you're going to fly post a clearly controversial opinion to explain why. Not just a post that essentially equates to 'its shit'.

Your missing in your opinion its shit, because for millions of others its far from shit, i spent hundreds or hours playing mp on ps3 as did many others.
Cool I guess?
Always best if you're going to fly post a clearly controversial opinion to explain why. Not just a post that essentially equates to 'its shit'.
Sure. Enemies seem to have no weight. The movement is clunky. Rag doll effects are so 2003. When I came across this tower It clearly looked like I have to slide down that rope. I tried to get on it 3 times and failed. Next time I stand there and oh right a bit more to the left triggers a cutscene first...

Honestly the shooting is not satisfying. It seems like they never intended to put in shooting and that somehow shows. But that doesn't explain why the characters movement is so bad. The walking animation is so bad. Again I can't feel any weight on him as well.

Phamit

Looks and feels much better than streaming it from PS Now, maybe I going to replay the first one

But I have to say, that movement feels much better in TLOU

It has TURKISH VOICE ACTING!!! My mind is completely blown. I'm going to play the whole thing in Turkish, it's actually decent as well.

It'll be funny to play the level in Istanbul with Nate and co speaking Turkish just like the guards lol. I wonder if he will still make the "Turkish prison" comment when Sully gets him out of jail.

The game itself seemed weird to control and graphics are way worse than I remember, but I suppose that's to be expected coming off of 65 hours of MGSV. Also I kept forgetting to use cover lol.

I wouldn't bother with drive game shitting. He ain't going to convince that I don't love UC2 and its not one my favorite games and besy playing games of the whole previous generation. It s only a coincidence it s well regarded by most reviews and awards that's all!

The gameplay really isn't shit. In fact it's bloody ace and way more dynamic than most third person shooters. Of course the demo only represents a small portion of the game, which is at its best when you can exploit the open combat spaces by running, gunning, rolling, punching, sneaking, flanking and making use of the excellent verticality. Drake is a highly agile character with a great toolset that is super fun to make use of.

The gameplay really isn't shit. In fact it's bloody ace and way more dynamic than most third person shooters. Of course the demo only represents a small portion of the game, which is at its best when you can exploit the open combat spaces by running, gunning, rolling, punching, sneaking, flanking and making use of the excellent verticality. Drake is a highly agile character with a great toolset that is super fun to make use of.

Oh the transveral and movement makes a big diffetence and I do love the dynamic combat animation. Soften then them up with the guns and finish with the melee. Or some stealth takedowns.

Top Bottom