• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Major.

Obligatory, btw:

iSLTVABsv32Ij.gif

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Every post will be like a drop of blood in a shark-infested tank. I wouldn't even bother.

The Major comes equipped with Shark Repellant. It's standard issue for Microsoft employees.

But maybe he can explain here how Microsoft suddenly COULD switch off the DRM-measures.

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
Great now we have two MS shills on this forum.

We need to balance this shit and get someone from Sony and Nintendo to join or MS PR will brainwash all the insecure people in here.

Welcome Larry, it's great to have you here. Looking forward to November 22nd. You'll have to excuse some of the posters, console wars are really active and normally quite logical posters have forgotten themselves in a haste to shout about shills etc etc. They've just forgotten their manners and their ability to further discussion in a meaningful fashion. Hopefully normal service will resume after the launches of the next gen consoles and we can all get back to enjoying good threads, good insight and some good friendly banter instead of the crap that we are all having to put up with at the moment.

lol. Takin' the high road.....

I have a question... please fill in the blank:

Mark Cerny is to the PS4 as _______ is to the XBox One.

I guess they don't have anyone like Cerny. I guess Allard was exactly that in the past? And oh boy. Do you remember the times when kudo tsunoda was always on the stage?

Major, from tidbits of info around the internet, it appears you guys have a couple of new first-party studios outside of Team Dakota, Black Tusk, MS Victoria, and MS Osaka. Can we expect to hear or see anything from these teams anytime soon?

gaming_noob

What a crock of shit. And speak for yourself.

Okay sorry.
I post 99% in Xbox-only threads because I'm a fan of the 360. I was extremely disappointed with the TV focus in the May reveal. I think, based on reactions and feedback so far, the majority share the same feeling as I do.

You mean to say everyone was happy with the TV focused reveal and all their DRM stuff? I must have been somewhere else because there was several reasons why we jumped on MSFT for doing what they did.

I loved the TV focused stuff because it was made clear that we'd be getting game reveals at E3 (which they delivered on) and ironically I'm likely going to get a PS4 first because of MS's reversal of the DRM and stuff. I never trade in or buy used and all of the features that were going hand in hand with it that were taken away were selling me on the system.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's that word again.

You have to take it all with a grain of salt but you have 2 outspoken MSFT employee's who are currently starting their big marketing push. You will have to excuse some of us if our radar is a little tickled by the mere presence of corporate entities on GAF. It's only natural. Larry has done nothing wrong yet though.

I loved the TV focused stuff because it was made clear that we'd be getting game reveals at E3 (which they delivered on) and ironically I'm likely going to get a PS4 first because of MS's reversal of the DRM and stuff. I never trade in or buy used and all of the features that were going hand in hand with it that were taken away were selling me on the system.

I am on the other side of the fence except I'm getting a PS4 first and an Xbone hopefully next year pending my finances. I didn't like their focus on the reveal though but it is what it is.

SPDIF

You have to take it all with a grain of salt but you have 2 outspoken MSFT employee's who are currently starting their big marketing push. You will have to excuse some of us if our radar is a little tickled by the mere presence of corporate entities on GAF. It's only natural. Larry has done nothing wrong yet though.

I'm not saying you're wrong to do that. I'm simply saying that calling somebody who has made it clear that they're working for Microsoft a shill or an astro turfer is wrong. It makes no sense.

Cheech

We need to balance this shit and get someone from Sony and Nintendo to join.

Great idea! Why not take the initiative, go out there and find some?

I personally think it's fantastic that guys like Larry and Albert are willing to come on here and represent Xbox in a professional fashion and be willing to answer questions and participate.

That isn't "shilling". If you go to some of the larger PC sites like Anandtech, you will see nVidia, AMD, etc. employees posting there and answering questions. They aren't referred to as "shills", but instead are praised for their willingness to take time out and clarify things for their customer base.

In other words, infantile posts throwing around accusations are not appreciated by anybody.

I am on the other side of the fence except I'm getting a PS4 first and an Xbone hopefully next year pending my finances. I didn't like their focus on the reveal though but it is what it is.

Don't know about the Major, but Albert in all his time here has been more respectful and less biased than a slew of posters in this thread.

At least get paid if you're going spend countless hours supporting a corporation on an online message board.

jond76

Banned
what the hell is the "douche brigade"?
And yes there were many people dissapointed by the reveal itself as well as the aftermath...

Its childish posters that come in here and post snippy bullshit just to be an internet tough guy. It doesn't further any positive discussion and serves no purpose other than "look! I hate MS too!"

Any opportunity to learn more info about these products is a good thing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Don't know about the Major, but Albert in all his time here has been more respectful and less biased than a slew of posters in this thread.

At least get paid if you're going spend countless hours supporting a corporation on an online message board.

Good point.

In other words, infantile posts throwing around accusations are not appreciated by anybody.

Im really glad they're here (just as I would be if Sony/Nintendo people joined) I think it can be a good thing. But I am concerned that calling of shills, unnecessary criticism will make them think they shouldn't bother which would be a shame.

Full of what? A desire to do his job?

He (and M$) are full of sh!t man... open your eyes. They'll say whatever you want to hear after they f*ck up royally because all they care about is getting your $$$.

Want to buy in to M$'s crap? Hey, more power to you. Me? Cold day in h3ll when these douches get any of my money.

But alas, welcome Major Nelson!!! Buddy ol' pal!

besada

Banned
Great now we have two MS shills on this forum.

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

And I don't think the Sony message is in danger of being lost or ignored around here.

He (and M$) are full of sh!t man... open your eyes. They'll say whatever you want to hear after they f*ck up royally because all they care about is getting your $$$.

Want to buy in to M$'s crap? Hey, more power to you. Me? Cold day in h3ll when these douches get any of my money.

But alas, welcome Major Nelson!!! Buddy ol' pal!

Stopped reading at "M$", sorry.

Hanmik

Any opportunity to learn more info about these products is a good thing.

you are right about that...but it´s not like Albert or Larry are ever going to say something negative about the products (that the company they work for produces).. they are no Peter Molyneux..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom