• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Thief1987

A really well made Souls clone, with great level design and gameplay! I've just beat the Mad Donkey though, so I'm pretty early.
What? What is great about Lies of P level design? It's as linear as you can get, basically a corridor with rare branches which lead to nowhere. No real secrets, no hidden locations, nothing.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Rise of the Ronin day 2. My opinion hasnt changed a lot but got to Yokohama and it is pretty cool. Graphically poor but you still see a lot of nice attention to detail in the architecture in a time period not often seen. The pleasure house interior is great.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finished Resident Evil 2 1998. Even if its a way better experience than the original game I think I prefer it over the sequel. RE2 is great for what it is, it improved on the original in every way, from better graphics, shorter load times, more zombies on the screen, a very cool approach to the two character campaign. It basically did everything right when it comes to expanding the Resident Evil formula. It's a great game and very fun to play. But the OG Resident Evil will always be the best one.

Clearing RE2 made me go back to the remake. I like it a lot, much more than the first go I had with it. It's very well made. Playing the PS5 version with improved framerate, loading times, dual sense support and Ray tracing effects. Graphically it's phenomenal. The gore is very detailed and disgusting. Zombies are scary and unpredictable. Lickers too. The atmosphere is off the chart. It's dark and moody. The game plays great with smooth combat, intense action and gory headshots. Capcom is just the best with their remakes. Top notch developer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I got the true ending but the shooting segments were annoying. I basically did everything though
Yes they were annoying, especially the final boss, if you mess them up you have to go back and fight him even longer until that part is done. It just extends the battle to which you kinda need to be cautious as it is and prioritize healing since he hit for a lot of damage so the battle drags out to begin with.

Yes they were annoying, especially the final boss, if you mess them up you have to go back and fight him even longer until that part is done. It just extends the battle to which you kinda need to be cautious as it is and prioritize healing since he hit for a lot of damage so the battle drags out to begin with.

Oh I know I'm just saying took me awhile to get the True Ending

That strategy you mentioned worked for me

Did you find the last thing in the game after you got through the True Boss?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
After clearing NG+ and playing Boss Challenge in Stellar Blade, I went back to some older stuff.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor - this one probably one of the best platformers in recent years. I played it years ago, but forgot most of it. I highly recommend this one on GBA.

Front Mission 5: Scars of the War - I’ve owned the PS2 game for years. Finally getting around to it. I don’t get why they didn’t localize this. It’s one of the best strategy games on the PS2.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

Getting towards the "end game" in Mass Effect 3, held a mini party for the crew before we kick the illusive man's butt, (this is my 2nd playthrough of the game...) I've tried to get into Jusant, but I just don't find it gripping! :messenger_grinning_smiling: (pun intended..)

I've invested more than an hour into it, but part of me says I should see it to completion, the other is that I should delete it and play something else, I'm finding Mass Effect 3 and Oxenfree (part 1) more engaging than Jusant..

shubik

Baldurs Gate 3. I got it on release for PlayStation but bounced of of it in act 2 due to bad choices as well as the difficulty. This time I read a few articles on how to create a good character and chose a lower difficulty. And what can I say. I’m 60 hours deep and can’t remember when I was this invested in a game the last time.

This game deserves all the accolades it got.

Kssio_Aug

What? What is great about Lies of P level design? It's as linear as you can get, basically a corridor with rare branches which lead to nowhere. No real secrets, no hidden locations, nothing.
Uhh, let's agree to disagree. It's linear, yes, much more linear than Elden Ring. But there are quite a bunch of hidden locations, shortcuts, and hidden items (including weapons and costumes) and mini-bosses scattered around the level. The enemy placement is also pretty good, offering a balanced difficulty between stargazers. It's pretty damn good imo.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Replaying Elden Ring with Seamless Co-op. It’s a blast (if not significantly easier with friends).

Also Super Castlevania IV and Street Fighter 6.

Just finished Ocarina of Time for the second time (maybe third?). Got 100% everything (thank Hylia for emulators and save-states, and fuck Ganondorf for the Gerudo horse archery)... well, save for the deku nut upgrade, forgot a glitch made it permanently missable on the N64 version, not like I ever used them anyway.
I still think more recent entries like WW and TP did (almost) everything better, but it holds up very well even 25 years later.

I might go back to it at some point and do it, but I really didn't enjoy the wheels game and I'm not sure I feel like going around and doing all of them right now as I'm ready to start Eiyuden Chronicle.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Use a guide too

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Ghost of Tsushima Legends!

Best MP mode ever. I've had every cosmetic unlocked on PS4 and I somehow deleted my save with everything from Rivals update onwards... so I've got all my classes to KI120 again and I'm enjoying my time with it re-unlocking stuff in sweet 60 fps.

Got my chops back and I'm mostly winning PvPs which just as much of a rush as it's been in 2021.

The holy grail, the final secret "hidden heart" starts to feel within reach skill-wise but no idea how to find players willing to practice this insane challenge... I'ma go check discord

Had quite a packed weekend as I had to go to a wedding, but even so I still managed to snag several hours of Diablo 4 and also finally started my Persona 3 Reload playthrough (currently 5h in and took a small break to eat and post on GAF :p).

Thief1987

Started ng++ in Lies of P and they giving you ability to block red attacks... Like, really? Why anyone will need it on the third playthrough lol?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Rise of the Ronin being totally saved now with auto run on the horse. Pick anywhere on the map and it runs there. Makes it so I can just focus on the fun fights and watch the scenery

near

Gold Member
I finally started playing Dave the Diver this weekend. It's as good as I thought it would be. The gameplay loop is really addictive and the devs have done an incredible job at fine tuning and balancing so many components to the overall game design. The depth to which you can explore the sea, the time you have down there, and the quantity of items you can bring back really work well when you also consider the management sim aspect of the restaurant. Trying to grow the business, by finding rare sea food and constantly trying to ensure the customers are content by servicing them quickly to get social likes and tips, is also oddly satisfying. There is so much depth here, and I haven't even begun to address to lore and story that's slowly unfolding with each trip down into the depths of the sea. I'm not even done with chapter 1, and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Edellus

Outward Definitive edition PS5.

Goddamn. Isn't it an immersive fantasy RPG survival game with absolutely no hand holding. It's crafting and magic systems are great and with just the right amount of complexity and discovery. It treats you like you're just like anyone else in terms of power and ability. You're not OP, you're capable. When you die, it's because you didn't prepare enough. Crafting matters and resource gathering too. Every input matters.

I recommend it, specially to people who want a break from hand holding and narrative focused games.

I might go back to it at some point and do it, but I really didn't enjoy the wheels game and I'm not sure I feel like going around and doing all of them right now as I'm ready to start Eiyuden Chronicle.

Without going into details, it's a fun little easter egg tie-in to The Messenger. If you aren't into it that's fine, but if you have any interest in the Sabotage universe it's super duper fun.

Crayon

Jfc I just spent sunup to sundown yesterday playing ark, of all things.

I just got a new GPU in the night before. Wasn't planning to play anything in particular so I put in the ue5 version of ark so see how well the new card would do.

I was pretty beat up from the week so didn't have any sense that I was supposed to do anything to do for the day... And it turned out to be a perfect recipe for a true couch rot adventure. Between fiddling with the card settings, proper game settings, wtf is this game settings (20fps for volumetric cloud's!?!?!), and getting chased by dinosaurs, the whole day flew by. I had fun.

Played 4 hours of helldivers 2 for the first time tonight. Awesome game. Mostly played bug missions so far

Very fun game, when it works. I am still waiting for some more patches to fix my crossplay issues but once I am back and in the game with my buddy, there goes my life again.

You should get hyped to fight some bots once you get a decent handle on the flow of the game and are comfortable with the bugs. Also join the autocannon master race.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played too much lately, but yesterday night I decided to play a bit of Sin & Punishment 2 and man, what a game.

FewRope

Finished Pseudoregalia yesterday, one of the best game I have ever played in the last 10 years. If you like metroidvanias and Mario 64 you need to play this, the best movement of any platformer in modern era. Insanity of a game tbh

I dont know what to start next, beside my Elden Ring coop run

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
You guys got me to reinstall both Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided and it's been fun jumping between the two

Also dabbling in:

System Shock Remake
Thousand Year Door

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Starting Sand Land today, let's see how it goes!

Started No More Heroes 3 before and I don't know how to describe in better words, but that is one ugly fucking game.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

I picked up Bomb rush cyberfunk on Ps5 (physical) for £10 from my local Game.
I'm looking forward to playing it, but oh, what a joyless experience purchasing it.
Got served by a bored looking young guy, who clearly didn't want to be there. He wasn't rude, but what a souless place Game has become. Years ago, at least some of the staff had a passion for videogames and engaged with you and commented on your purchase.
I fear (well know tbh) I'll never experience that buzz of belonging to something special ever again.
Fuck digital and streaming.

Last edited:
Finally beat Yuan Shu in 3rd DLC of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty after dozens of tries. The boss is ridiculous. In phase 2 he becomes floating death with his multi-element aoe attacks. Had to respec to a wizard build with rock spikes and aerial ice barrage. Otherwise, he would disintegrate me moments after entering phase 2. Even then it was all down to luck.
jHvPS0i.png

Now my character can goof around in new game plus with 5* gear, stratagems and graces for the taking.
OWj6jHt.png

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Playing FF7 Rebirth now and the game is pretty great so far. The world building is incredible. To see FF7 like this in a fully realized 3D world is pretty amazing. But the combat feels very complicated and bloated. You got normal attacks, blocking, synergies, limit breaks, spells, atb, summons, parrying, fifteen different button prompts, tutorials, switching characters, weapon abilities, yada yada all while keeping scores on your enemies moving around. I don't remember Intergrade being this fucking complex. Been playing for 10 hours and new information keeps coming up about everything. Jesus Christ Square Enix, try not to trip over yourself in your ambitions. Reel in your ideas a bit.

Last edited:

Mitsurux

Finally decided to jump in to:
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch) - About 3 hours in and wow this is a pretty interesting game in terms of how the narrative is presented. The Combat sections are rather good. But there are a lot of characters introduced in a really short period of time. I have made it though the "Tutorial" section so the game has sort of opened up, with the ability to choose story or combat sections at will. I'm going to keep going trying to piece together the story as I'm quite interesting in seeing where the story goes.

Top Bottom