• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which PS Vita R2/L2 (R3/L3) grip is better? Anyone own both of these?

I was browsing Play-Asia and stumbled upon this new Hori "Remote Play Assist". Apparently this not only supports L2/R2 but also has actual back triggers to activate L3/R3 (when you press the analog stick in on a DS4). This seems like the perfect grip for remote play to me, but I wanted to see if anyone who owned this had any good things to say about it.

remote-play-assist-attachment-for-playstation-vita-slim-471075.4.jpg

How does this compare to the older one made by Joetsu? The one at the link here:

http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-butto...m=default-widget&li_source=LI&ref=liftigniter

rackham

Banned
These are kind of pointless when a lot of games don't let you re map controls. Just saying. Maybe check the compatibility with the games you wanna play.

I have both the OLED and LCD version Joetsu grips and they're both awesome. No L3/R3 like the Hori ones, but I'd definitely recommend them if just for the grip and ease of use. They have their caveats - like not working with games that have "different" controls, and the OLED version blocking the front camera, but they're a VERY solid grip and when they work with a game they work well.

Also good for classics, I hear.

Parahan

Yeh these are mostly useless because games don't let you remap. I play tons of games on remote play and have been using a DS4 with a clip(for Vita), this one.

Just make sure the user profiles are different on ps4 & Vita.

rackham

Banned
Oooh I had thought we were able to easily change mapping through accessibility settings now no?

Only with PS1 Classics, Remote Play and PSP titles, IIRC. Not with native Vita titles.
Actually you can't remap controls for remote play titles unless the dev specifically implements it and a vast majority don't. Accessibility doesn't change shit from either end. I've tried.

hwy_61

Banned
Yeh these are mostly useless because games don't let you remap. I play tons of games on remote play and have been using a DS4 with a clip(for Vita), this one.

Wait..explain how you're doing this please!!

Edit: shit sorry for the back to back posts!

rackham

Banned
REMOTE PLAY DOESNT LET YOU RE MAP CONTROLS. just so everyone is aware. Unless the dev specifically made options to let you re map the controls, it's not happening. Accessibility options do not work for remote play.

Woah! Pro tip! I've never heard or thought of doing this. That's pretty clever.

I do know that FFXIV does have the mapping correct where it actually splits the four quadrants of the back touch. I think I'll get this new Hori one for that. Anything else that happens to work will just be bonus.

Parahan

Wait..explain how you're doing this please!!

Edit: shit sorry for the back to back posts!

- For in home remote play only.

-Make a secondary account on ps4.

-Now make sure Vita is connected to this secondary account.( I got my Vita just to remote play so set it up with this account, but you maybe have to factory restore it)

- Go to remote play option on vita and connect to ps4. This is mirroring ur secondary account but DS4 that's linked to your primary account can control Vita screen.

-Most important step Use a string or rubber bad to tie vita's directional stick to the ring on the bottom side. This prevents the auto dimming every 5 min
that Sony won't fuckin allow to be turned off.

Woah! Pro tip! I've never heard or thought of doing this. That's pretty clever.

I do know that FFXIV does have the mapping correct where it actually splits the four quadrants of the back touch. I think I'll get this new Hori one for that. Anything else that happens to work will just be bonus.

Yeh hori makes great products generally, it should be fine.

hwy_61

Banned
- For in home remote play only.

-Make a secondary account on ps4.

-Now make sure Vita is connected to this secondary account.( I got my Vita just to remote play so set it up with this account, but you maybe have to factory restore it)

- Go to remote play option on vita and connect to ps4. This is mirroring ur secondary account but DS4 that's linked to your primary account can control Vita screen.

-Most important step Use a string or rubber bad to tie vita's directional stick to the ring on the bottom side. This prevents the auto dimming every 5 min
that Sony won't fuckin allow to be turned off.

Yeh hori makes great products generally, it should be fine.

Holy crap...thank you!!

Top Bottom