• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine leaked again (new footage)

Lokaum D+

Is this…. Really what Jean Grey will look like? All masculine?

bMCKdXQ.jpeg
mMKPJzFo_400x400.jpg

semiconscious

Gold Member
Whether any of this is indicative of the final product or not, I am completely disinterested in the game. Which I find surprising, as Wolvie has always been one of my favourite Marvel characters. It *should* be a game I’m hyped about, but I am most definitely not.
spidey zipping around was right up insomniac's alley. wolverine? i'd think that santa monica studio would be a natural. if you can do kratos, you can obviously do effective melee, so I'd think that you oughta be able to do wolverine...

nial

Gold Member
The fact that these are removed in countries were LGBT members actively get hunted & killed tells you everything you need to know about their "values"
For Sony? Sure, but Insomniac has no business in how the game gets localized in other countries, so I do think it's unfair to blame them for this.

Sushi_Combo

For Sony? Sure, but Insomniac has no business in how the game gets localized in other countries, so I do think it's unfair to blame them for this.
Wasn't TLOU pt 2 banned in some of the middle eastern countries? Not sure if this is still enforced but it's interesting to see a massive IP like that one get barred but Spiderman had to make concessions.

nial

Gold Member
Wasn't TLOU pt 2 banned in some of the middle eastern countries? Not sure if this is still enforced but it's interesting to see a massive IP like that one get barred but Spiderman had to make concessions.
It's something you can easily take out of SM2, not the same case for TLOU2.

RickMasters

I dunno how to feel about this. On one hand…. There’s only so much creative licence that’s can take with wolverine. It would be hard to imagine this being anything other than a button mashing hack n slasher. I’m sure they will tell avids marvel story. Just don’t expect it to reinvent the wheel. They do more creative stuff with their own IP, but as long as they are working on marvel games they will have to work with what works for that particular super hero. I expect the venom game to get flack because it will probably be a mix of Spider-Man and this. But w you can o sky so so much with licenced IP.

midnightAI

Well there is certainly one thing that has been brought to light over all of this, and it's something I have long suspected.... Many on GAF have zero clue about how development works.

It also shows how damaging leaks can be if some are going to judge the final product already because of said leaked footage (which in itself is dumb)

Here it's look in latest build from leaked data
PwqE7za.jpeg

bbhTYvX.jpeg

Hell no! did they even bother to actually pick up a comic? even managed to look at actual comic art and see how jean really looks?

This is Jean fucking grey! 👇

CeUMjBz.jpeg

gW1LSAO.jpeg

Not whatever freaking model they pulled out of their casting call. For fuck sakes, it’s bad enough they butter face mary Jane. now they are pulling this shit with Jean like holy mother fuck.

Lupin25

Insomniac is not the right studio for this game. The art style is totally wrong. You want to make it in the vein of a movie like Logan, not a marvel movie for a wolverine game. The cartoony art style in the first cg trailer already felt off.

they should have given this to naughty dog. Make a grounded game like tlou instead of having wolverine hop around rooftops like Spider-Man and infamous games.

But it’s “Marvel’s Wolverine” not “Sony’s Wolverine”

🤣

DavidGzz

Only solution is to sell your Playstations, guys. Force them to go PC day 1 and then enjoy modding these hideous women out of your games.

Last edited:

Tangerine

Brigitte Macron is 71 years old dude. It’s brain rot to think she’s trans
You have zero idea what you are talking about. Ironic you saying I'm the one with brain rot. I'd say look into it but you won't. Respond if you like but I won't respond back. Futile plus not the forum for it.

Buggy Loop

You have zero idea what you are talking about. Ironic you saying I'm the one with brain rot. I'd say look into it but you won't. Respond if you like but I won't respond back. Futile plus not the forum for it.

You're really going for Brigitte Macron is trans, really?

Funny GIF

You're a lost cause

Last edited:

simpatico

Honestly just a bitchin graphics update to the Raven Wolverine game would have been totally fine. Leaping through an open world city to procure Jean Grey a few vials of HRT is not a winning formula.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Looking at these comments, I didn't realise majority of GAF members have no idea about how game development works.

I mean... yeah, like do you have any real idea about how a TV show is made for example?

Iv worked in games dev, so these look pretty much what I would expect. I remember when I had to spend 4 weeks driving a bright purple cube because we didn't have a working car model yet, and when we did it wasn't textured or animated so the tires didn't spin... it's like anything. Unless you have been in the industry your not going to know how it works. And a majority of people playing games naturally aren't.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Damn. Wolverine went from my number 1 "must get" to "I'm not buying at all" (if this iteration of JG remains true)

It's amazing how Insomniac can change my mind in a one day.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I knew from the leaked artwork that Jean character was completelly destroyed but...if I all this is true I honestly think they outdone themselves.
At this point I'm almost 100% to not go into this game. Seems like Sony is doing all they can to make me avoid their games entirelly.

What the fuck happened to Logan muscles here??? Did they give them to Jean Grey?

Last edited:
Top Bottom