• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavaloo

You guys tread on Cena too much. He's not THAT bad all the time. I agree I don't want to see him on tv in the same slot as often and I would like his stale 10 year old character to change, but when Dolph puts the guy in a DDT: WOW that looks like a great DDT. Also the match he had with Punk proves give him someone great to work with and he can put on a great match. I'm not sure how much control Cena has over the booking, but it's been proven before too with that Lesnar match. Basically those matches were good cause his opponents were in positions where they could collaborate with Cena on an equal level in the ring, but not everyone gets that luxury. Bleh, I certainly don't love John Cena, but I gotta support the underdog overcoming the odds. *Cena smirk*

#heel

edit: NEW PAGE
2050542.jpg

Tonight, WrestleMania weekend rolls on with a whole bunch of iPPV events to chose from;

- EVOLVE 19 - 13:00 PDT | 14:00 MDT | 16:00 EDT | 21:00 BST | 22:00 CEST

ixDD7kwAleyUv.png

http://wwnlive.com/event-evolve-04-05-13.html - $9.99

• EVOLVE Title Tournament Final: ??? vs ???
  • The Young Bucks vs The Super Smash Brothers
  • Johnny Gargano & Brian Kendrick vs Orange Cassidy & Drew Gulak
  • No DQ Match: Arik Cannon vs Scott Reed
  • EVOLVE Title Tournament Bracket A Semi-Final: Chuck Taylor vs ???
  • EVOLVE Title Tournament Bracket B Semi-Final: Ricochet vs ???
  • EVOLVE Title Tournament First-Round Bracket A: Rich Swann vs Sami Callihan vs Jigsaw vs Samuray Del Sol
  • EVOLVE Title Tournament First-Round Bracket B: AR Fox vs John Davis

igijqDde1sOAB.jpg

. DGUSA & EVOLVE: Home of the High-Flyers
. Sami Callihan on the EVOLVE Title Tournament
. Cryptic promo from Brian Kendrick
. Chuck Taylor mocks Brian Kendrick

- Ring of Honor - Supercard of Honor VII - 16:30 PDT | 17:30 MDT | 19:30 EDT | 00:30AM BST | 01:30 CEST

iiWJjZi9aReR8.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/live/events/2013/apr/5/supercard-honor-vii-4513-nyc - $14.95

• ROH World Championship Match: Kevin Steen (c) vs Jay Briscoe
  • ROH World Tag Team Championship Match: reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) (c) vs The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
  • ROH TV Title 3-Way: Matt Taven (c) vs Adam Cole vs Matt Hardy
  • #1 Contenders Match: Jay Lethal vs Michael Elgin
  • Special Challenge Match: 'Machine Gun' Karl Anderson vs Roderick Strong
  • Honor vs SCUM 10-Man War: TEAM ROH (BJ Whitmer, Mark Briscoe, Mike Mondo, Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander) vs TEAM S.C.U.M. (Jimmy Jacobs, Cliff Compton, Rhett Titus, Jimmy Rave & Rhino)
  • Shelton Benjamin vs ???
  • Tag Team Challenge: ACH & Tadarius Thomas vs QT Marshall & ???

. Supercard of Honor VII Hype Video
. Kevin Steen: You & I are Different People
. Jay Briscoe: It's a Dog Eat Dog World
. Michael Elgin's thoughts on his match with Jay Lethal
. QT Marshall on his mystery partner

- Combat Zone Wrestling - 17:00 PDT | 18:00 MDT | 20:00 EDT | 01:00 BST | 02:00 CEST

ibbkuVc4yWX6Es.png

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/ - $9.99

• CZW World Championship Match: MASADA (c) vs. the returning 'Crazy Monkey' Jun Kasai
  • Sami Callihan vs Brian Kendrick
  • CZW Tag-Team Championship: The CATALYST (Dustin Rayz & Eric Ryan) (c) vs. the temporarily re-instated BLK-OUT (Ruckus & Blk Jeez w/ Robbie Mireno)
  • Greg Excellent vs Colt Cabana
  • Aerial Assault: Shane Strickland vs. AR Fox vs. Rich Swann vs. Chiva Kid vs Shane Hollister vs. Lucky 13
  • International Tag-Team Match: The Sumerian Death Squad (Tommy End & Michael Donte) vs. OI4K (Jake & Dave Crist)
  • Eight Man Tag-Team Match: Drew Gulak's Campaign for a Better Combat Zone vs. Niles Sozio's The Front
  • Matt Tremont vs Joe Gacy
  • Drake Younger vs Danny Havoc

- PWS Supercard: Night Two - 17:00 PDT | 18:00 MDT | 20:00 EDT | 01:00 BST | 02:00 CEST

ibsbNmxdVaUO1a.jpg

http://highspots.tv/ippv-pws-supercard-2013-night-2-04-05-2013/ - $9.99

- Kaiju Big Battel - 20:55 PDT | 21:55 MDT | 23:55 EDT | 04:55 BST | 05:55 CEST

ibgbTAAohQWbP6.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-kaiju-04-05-13.html - $14.99

EVOLVE & ROH for me, what shows are you guys watching?

Raw64life

So I'm pretty seriously considering doing a PaddyPower bet as I gotta get some of my money back for this predictable shitfest somehow. Anyone here have experience with it?

Nebula

I might not be able to catch Wrestlemania guys.

I recently had a job interview and was told I would recieve a call telling me if I was successful or not yesterday. Sadly I did not recieve any call. Attempts to contact my advisor have failed this morning, and I had a Funeral to attend for most of the day. Sadly I didn't get home until after 5pm so I can't call them. The line says they are open Mon-Fri.

I need to be up early on Monday to make that call again and see if I have to go into work. Wrestlemania isn't an option as I don't want to risk being tired on my first day cause that would look shitty.

Oh the reason I say might is because they might contact me between now and Sunday. Not a high chance of that though which is why I have my doubts.

BFIB

I might not be able to catch Wrestlemania guys.

I recently had a job interview and was told I would recieve a call telling me if I was successful or not yesterday. Sadly I did not recieve any call. Attempts to contact my advisor have failed this morning, and I had a Funeral to attend for most of the day. Sadly I didn't get home until after 5pm so I can't call them. The line says they are open Mon-Fri.

I need to be up early on Monday to make that call again and see if I have to go into work. Wrestlemania isn't an option as I don't want to risk being tired on my first day cause that would look shitty.

#Heels don't care. I mean, come on, TWICE IN A LIFETIME!!!!!

krae_man

You guys shouldn't be betting. One of the predictable matches is going to to the other way because SWERVE and you'll lose.

There is always one random change just because.

BFIB

Just watched Shinsuke Nakamura and Kazuchika Okada from WrestleKingdom.

Holy shit at those knee strikes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I used to follow NJPW way back when. Trade tapes and whatnot, but I haven't followed it in quite a while.

I just love the Japanese style of how everything is presented.

Same here. I also really liked the presentation in Ring Ka King. Very different worlds in how wrestling is received, but I loved RKK's crowd as they were all worked, and NJPW's crowd in this instance kinda taps into that - not as a work, but as a PRODUCT they buy the entire thing (and so do I) - crowd goes a long way.

Kaladin

I can't wait for this weekend's show. Tanahashi vs Okada, Nakamura vs Davey Boy Smith Jr and Time Splitters vs Apollo 55.

RkOwnage

So, here's my situation for Wm29. My friend is hosting it this year, I hosted it last year so I figured we'd switch off and on, plus I am living with someone right now and I can't host it, anyhow...

Last year, we made a little game that we've actually stuck with. I had the replica Winged Eagle belt, and I decided every PPV we got together for, we'd all write down our predictions for the match, and at the end of the show, whoever got the most correct (ties resulted in trivia rounds) would win the belt and get to keep it until the next PPV. It actually was a big success (about 10-12 of us participate monthly) and it's resulted in a lot of trash talk!

I am looking for some other ideas for things to do for Wrestlemania, other than just watching it. Should I organize trivia, or any other ideas for things like that? I am not very creative, just want everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves even if the show ends up being bad.

Any thoughts? Help me out Wrestlegaf!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for this weekend's show. Tanahashi vs Okada, Nakamura vs Davey Boy Smith Jr and Time Splitters vs Apollo 55.

Not as enthused for Tanahashi vs Okada XXVIII but I'm sure it won't be bad at ALL. Okada's gonna take the gold and Tanahashi will Cena-style #heel turn!

Nakamura vs DBS Jr is going to be unreal, they're both at the top of their game and it's going to be a really good thing. REALLY good.

So, here's my situation for Wm29. My friend is hosting it this year, I hosted it last year so I figured we'd switch off and on, plus I am living with someone right now and I can't host it, anyhow...

Last year, we made a little game that we've actually stuck with. I had the replica Winged Eagle belt, and I decided every PPV we got together for, we'd all write down our predictions for the match, and at the end of the show, whoever got the most correct (ties resulted in trivia rounds) would win the belt and get to keep it until the next PPV. It actually was a big success (about 10-12 of us participate monthly) and it's resulted in a lot of trash talk!

I am looking for some other ideas for things to do for Wrestlemania, other than just watching it. Should I organize trivia, or any other ideas for things like that? I am not very creative, just want everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves even if the show ends up being bad.

Any thoughts? Help me out Wrestlegaf!

Bingo cards, 2 of em. Make sure to put "embarrassing moment to be a wrestling fan" on there. Remember Clay's Mammy dance routine? Horrible.

Just watched Shinsuke Nakamura and Kazuchika Okada from WrestleKingdom.

Holy shit at those knee strikes.

Prince Devitt matches are good too

NJPW has something for everyone

I do the same with some friends. We use the WHC belt instead. After 2 WMs in a row I lost the belt last year. Thank you 18 seconds match :(

BFIB

Same here. I also really liked the presentation in Ring Ka King. Very different worlds in how wrestling is received, but I loved RKK's crowd as they were all worked, and NJPW's crowd in this instance kinda taps into that - not as a work, but as a PRODUCT they buy the entire thing (and so do I) - crowd goes a long way.

Agreed.

The Japanese crowd appreciates what is happening in the ring, where as on our shows, its more of the spectacle and big spots.

I like having different varieties, but watching a Wild Pegasus match in NJPW, as opposed to a Benoit WCW Cruiserweight match that would have the same spots, just something about watching it on NJPW made it better.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I haven't been paying much attention to a lot of the thread, have the pics of the Mania set in MetLife been linked here yet?

The Statue of Liberty on top of the canopy is damn corny.

Kaladin

Not as enthused for Tanahashi vs Okada XXVIII but I'm sure it won't be bad at ALL. Okada's gonna take the gold and Tanahashi will Cena-style #heel turn!

Nakamura vs DBS Jr is going to be unreal, they're both at the top of their game and it's going to be a really good thing. REALLY good.

I hope Okada finally takes the gold, otherwise it will start looking like some of ROH's world title change builds where they should have made the guy champ months to a year before he actually gets the gold.

Ithil

521916_10151387181561443_286631689_n.png

Is it me or do they skip a lot of Cena?

They seem to go from prototype Cena straight to Super Cena, then two more Super Cenas. No Doctor of Thuganomics at all. Meanwhile on the left it goes Rocky Maivia, Nation of Domination's "The Rock" Rocky Maivia, The Rock and then modern Rock.

tm24

I honestly wasn't all that excited for SCOHVII, but this promo from Jay Briscoe got me hyped for the main event;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYF9y_0J9Jo

Also, Strong vs Anderson! They give that one enough time and I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome. The ROH vs SCUM 10-man should be good, too.

After thinking about it, i'll just skip and catch the Strong/Anderson match from a friend or something. Its the only match im really hyped for anyways.

I'm not actually looking forward to the 10man war. DG has me covered in tag team spotfests anyways

Kaladin

Briscoe brothers world title shots have always been treated as filler by ROH so it's kinda odd for them to put one on a big show like this. I would love to see Jay get a run at the title, but the time for it isn't now.

tm24

Briscoe brothers world title shots have always been treated as filler by ROH so it's kinda odd for them to put one on a big show like this. I would love to see Jay get a run at the title, but the time for it isn't now.

More importantly, they're always the bloodiest ROH title defenses. Jay vs Joe is so fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom