• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Looks like the Hall of Fame ceremony on USA is going to be 75 minutes now instead of an hour. Maybe they will actually televise part of Foley's induction?

jred2k

Looks like the Hall of Fame ceremony on USA is going to be 75 minutes now instead of an hour. Maybe they will actually televise part of Foley's induction?

Yeah Foley tweeted this week that Santa Claus spoke to Mr McMahon and his speech is gonna to be televised now.

Verendus

Banned
I wonder sometimes, how was The Rock ever pinned clean back in the day? See Wrestlemania 17?

He kicks out of:

- 2 Stone Cold Stunners
- 1 Rock Bottom
- 2 Chair shots
- Ringbell Shot

That's 10/10 on endurance right there. A Stone Cold Stunner was like 2 Pedigrees back in the day. It's almost like he kicked out of 10 finishers, then Austin gave him 17 straight finishers with the chair to finally keep him down.

This is why The Rock will win tomorrow night.

Toki767

I wonder sometimes, how was The Rock ever pinned clean back in the day? See Wrestlemania 17?

He kicks out of:

- 2 Stone Cold Stunners
- 1 Rock Bottom
- 2 Chair shots
- Ringbell Shot

That's 10/10 on endurance right there. A Stone Cold Stunner was like 2 Pedigrees back in the day. It's almost like he kicked out of 10 finishers, then Austin gave him 17 straight finishers with the chair to finally keep him down.

That was probably the only time he was booked as almost unstoppable.

Aiii

So not worth it
imageomjr.jpg

Bah gawd!

He kicks out of:

- 2 Stone Cold Stunners
- 1 Rock Bottom
- 2 Chair shots
- Ringbell Shot

Last year he kicked out of TWO AAs, the 5KS, the STF and a top-rope leg drop. It's not a guarantee

KissVibes

Banned
In honor of WrestleMania, here are some childhood photos of me with wrestling-related stuff going on. Not that any of you would be interested but whatever. Yes, I am making a stuffed dog do the DX chops and yes, I am trying to do the Trips and HBK pose with my sister. I don't even remember being that into DX and I sure as fuck didn't much care for The Rock when I was a kid and yet I owned a TON of his shirts.

There's a picture of me meeting Mick Foley, which I don't remember EVER doing, I need to find because I feel like that would be cool as fuck.

Verendus

Banned
That was probably the only time he was booked as almost unstoppable.
And it was amazing. Played to the storyline perfectly. Stone Cold wasn't sure he could beat The Rock who became the top dog in his absence. And that night showed why he had that doubt, because you can't stop The Rock without almost killing him.

"Every drop of sweat, every drop of blood, every ounce of energy I have. You are going to get the absolute best of The Rock at Wrestlemania."

I remember watching that as a kid and hoping Rock would actually pull it off.

It's going to suck when he's pinned after two AAs tomorrow night. They won't do the loss proper justice.

strobogo

Banned

He kicks out of:

- 2 Stone Cold Stunners
- 1 Rock Bottom
- 2 Chair shots
- Ringbell Shot

That was an anomaly. He lost on TV way more than any top face they've ever had, and when he did win, he would bump like crazy for dudes. See the gif of him killing himself off the GORE when Rhyno had been in the company for like 6 months. And jobbing to Mark Henry while he was the most over babyface and Mark was still a terrible wrestler and loser. Rock never had a problem putting guys over, even when he was far above them. I swear he lost to the Dudleys 10 times in 2000 and 2001.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In about 13 or 14 hours, for Sunny Sunday Morning we're going to be simulating the entire Wrestlemania 29 card - so be sure to tune in. The link will be posted in here!

EDIT: Wait it actually isnt going to happen, sorry friends

Nebula

Turns out I am watching Wrestlemania. Things never went as planned thanks to things out of my control. Glad I'll be catching it live though.

Jeez, Hall of Fame has been on 90 minutes and they're only two down... No wonder this thing isn't live.

Bruno is going to talk FOREVER too. Presenters should be limited to 5 minutes, speeches 20 minutes and the final guy should get 30 minutes. There is obviously room for a little wiggle room, but some of those are just far too long. Hopefully Trump keeps it brief, because if he drones on there might be a mass suicide in MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom