• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 29 |OT| RematchaMania XXVIII-2: Out with the new and in with the old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's not turning heel, what are you guys thinking?

When was the last time WWE lived up to your expectations, even to the slightest bit?

Exactly.

RkOwnage

Still looking for some ideas for games/trivia ideas for my Wrestlemania party tomorrow

Here's what I've got so far:

Trivia
Predictions - (We have a belt for whoever predicts the most matches)
WWE '13 Tourney

Anyone got any ideas for games we could do? Looking for ideas to put on a wheel we spin to see who does what...Think Raw roulette just not lame as all hell.

bangai-o

Banned
Meh, the thought of Cena turning does nothing for me at this point. He isn't magically going to get better on the mic, or in the ring, so I just can't see myself caring.

you are acting like Cena is not great on mic. He is one the the greatest. problem is, he is a face. and he needs to give face promos. Remember when CM Punk was face? He was horrible, even worse than Cena.

strobogo

Banned
You know as soon as Cena turns, all the dudes are going to cheer. A heel turn is the only thing that can make Cena a face again.

Ithil

You know as soon as Cena turns, all the dudes are going to cheer. A heel turn is the only thing that can make Cena a face again.

No, they aren't. Unless he becomes entertaining, he will not be cheered. It's still Cena. All that's different if he's heel is he's actually supposed to be booed.

zychi

Banned
If Cena turned heel, he would literally just wear a black t shirt and act the same. He already gets booed now, what difference would it make?

He'd still be champ. The fans would still hate him. The only difference is he'd be teamed up with Mark Henry in tag matches instead of Orton/Sheamus etc

As far as I'm concerned WM ends after the Punk Taker match.

what do you mean? you dont remember Punk's horrible face promos?

Punk's face promo's were not great, for Punk, but they were still leagues better than what Cena has done. Cena's promo on the Raw before the Royal Rumble this year was one of the worst pieces of shit in the history of wrestling. Cena's heel promo's were weak as well. Just because kids laughed at his extremely slow "raps" and his use of Corn Nuts does not mean he was good at heel promos.

I don't know why I'm getting interested to tune in when I know it will suck.

Because it's a big event and there is a good chance a couple matches will be good. I'm just hoping Ziggler cashes in, The Shield look good, and Brock and Hunter have a fantastic brawl. I have no hopes when it comes to the main event

Maddocks

Brock and Hunter will have the most predictable brawl ever. Like most of H's matches...4 moves....SLEDGEHAMMER!...already bored thinking about it.

Taker vs Punk will no doubt steal the show with its awesomeness.

and the shield will look just as lost as ever. They had a good thing going, then wwe said forget all of that crap. WWE needs a real powerhouse stable again and they could have been it.

bangai-o

Banned
i dont think there is any hope for the Brock, Triple H match. Triple H is going to gas so quickly. there is going to be so much walking around up the ramp area and the whole thing is going to be in slow motion.

cryptic

Now that I think about it, it also pisses me off that Cena once came to my poor city from his rich Boston suburb and went to the rich person college and then became a rapper.
It make's me so mad I wish they dumpsterized him in the first ever dumpster match.HaHAAAAA!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine if Jericho came back to feud with Cesaro. They build up this thing for months and never get to wrestle each other. Then they do at Wrestlemania and it's a great match and Jericho puts over a guy who just needs one more push to be a main eventer.

...Instead, they're wrestling over DWTS jokes.

BadAss2961

If Cena turned heel, he would literally just wear a black t shirt and act the same. He already gets booed now, what difference would it make?

He'd still be champ. The fans would still hate him. The only difference is he'd be teamed up with Mark Henry in tag matches instead of Orton/Sheamus etc

As far as I'm concerned WM ends after the Punk Taker match.
He could talk shit to the fans and make little kids cry.

Not that I think he's turning though.

Snaku

Banned
Cena could do doubt pull off a Hollywood Hogan for a heel turn that is not happening this week/year.

But it's so perfectly set up, with all the pieces in place.

The Shield = The Outsiders
Cena = Hogan

All of the ingredients for a nuWo are there. Vince just has to have the balls to pull the trigger.

Ithil

I haven't followed the dirtsheets in a while. Is a turn actually rumored to happen? I always figure it's what people want to happen since Cena has gotten so stale at this point.

Its just speculation based on how they've handled the story so far. Story logic normally does not apply to Cena though so it's probably nothing.

No, he's talking about "Dave Meltzer" the poster on here who thinks Cena is turning

Yeah I know. It was more of a general question because I haven't been following rumors online. There is a strong sentiment that Cena will turn and I'm wondering where it's coming from.

Its just speculation based on how they've handled the story so far. Story logic normally does not apply to Cena though so it's probably nothing.

I figured

Penguin

Trish looks good in her dress

BHOFxDtCAAEYqUw.jpg:large

Yeah I know. It was more of a general question because I haven't been following rumors online. There is a strong sentiment that Cena will turn and I'm wondering where it's coming from.

It's coming from posters on here who are trying to fool themselves into thinking it will happen, or those who are just being contrarian

Verendus

Banned
I think people are underestimating the potential of Triple H and Brock Lesnar. It's No Holds Barred. If there is one thing Triple H is really good at, it's these types of stipulation matches. Mix in an intense Brock Lesnar and it easily has the potential to be the best match of the night. There are bound to be some really good spots and crowd pleasing moments.

CM Punk vs. Taker will likely be decent or crap. They've never worked well together, and CM Punk's sloppy style isn't going to go well with what looks like an out of shape Undertaker.

Ithil

I don't even know what the theme for this year is. Last 2 year's got stuck in my head so I guess that means they're alright.

I'M COMING HOME I'M COMING HOME, TELL THE WORLD I'M COMING HOME

It sucks.

Verendus

Banned

It sucks.
The theme sounds like it would've fit better for The Rock's first Wrestlemania back.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

It sucks.

I thought they already used that for another ppv?

Out of all the opportunities they had to turn Cena this is possibly the worst build up. Nothing happened this entire Rock - Cena feud. If Cena does turn i hope they just continue booing, chanting boring is actually the better option now, I hope that catches on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom