• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

josh924

Banned
I noticed a few weeks ago that Geometry Wars 2 had a store page; I'm pretty sure Bomberman Live has also had a store page since at least before December. Are there any other games that aren't available yet but still have their own store pages?

Bizzquik

I'm torn.
I really want to play Red Dead Redemption again now on my Xbox 360, but part of me feels like 2K is going to announce a Remaster/PCrelease at E3. And even if they don't - I thought I recall other Gaffers saying that the leaked (offline-required) Xbox One BC release actually improved on the performance....assuming we ever get an official BC release.

Anyone else having this dilemma with Backward Compatibility and their 360...?
I'm putting off playing games again because I'm hoping they'll be made available on my Xbox One in some form or another...(BC or remaster)

I recall other Gaffers saying that the leaked (offline-required) Xbox One BC release actually improved on the performance.

That was not my experience. It was playable, but definitely lower framerate in areas than the 360 version. I seriously doubt there is going to be a remaster, so if I were you I would replay on 360. My guess is at E3 they will announce the sequel and make the first game a X1 pre-order bonus.

I've been wrong before, though. I'd love to see a PC version of Redemption but everything we've ever heard says it's not coming.

Bizzquik

My guess is at E3 they will announce the sequel and make the first game a X1 pre-order bonus.

I've been wrong before, though. I'd love to see a PC version of Redemption but everything we've ever heard says it's not coming.

That seems logical; its what Microsoft did with Bethesda & Fallout and Ubisoft & Siege.

You're right - they've always said 'No' to a PC release. But I wonder if the massive success of re-launching Grand Theft Auto V on XB1/PS4/PC will make 2K re-think that.

Hasney

I'm torn.
I really want to play Red Dead Redemption again now on my Xbox 360, but part of me feels like 2K is going to announce a Remaster/PCrelease at E3. And even if they don't - I thought I recall other Gaffers saying that the leaked (offline-required) Xbox One BC release actually improved on the performance....assuming we ever get an official BC release.

Anyone else having this dilemma with Backward Compatibility and their 360...?
I'm putting off playing games again because I'm hoping they'll be made available on my Xbox One in some form or another...(BC or remaster)

From what's come out about RDR before, the code is fucked to the point where a remaster/PC version may not be worth the time or effort if it's even possible
Especially without THE BENZ
. I wouldn't expect a remaster, but if you play on 360, you can always upload to cloud save and carry on when the BC version is out.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Have they been updating these games with performance patches? Replaying Gears 2 right now and the Framerate is pretty shitty. Kind of nervous on how bad Gears 3 will get. (Though the intro wasn't too bad)

Have they been updating these games with performance patches? Replaying Gears 2 right now and the Framerate is pretty shitty. Kind of nervous on how bad Gears 3 will get. (Though the intro wasn't too bad)

Here and there.

Since all of these a running in the same emulator, as they continue updating the emulator to support more games, over time the emulator is going to slowly get better for various other games. So even if they're not focusing on game X, if the find that a new emulator fix also applies to X they'll update the game to have the newest emulator. It's possible that already released games they're not directly working on will get spontaneous updates here and there just due to the trickle down effect.

RowdyReverb

What are the chances of Assassins Creed: Rogue coming to BC? I never played it because I had just bought Unity around its release, but it's on sale now for $11.99 and I'm tempted

EBE

does anyone know if the emulator is still capped at 720p or whatever?
i remember digital foundry stating as such for the xbla port of Perfect Dark which was noticeably blurrier on the xbox one

i remember digital foundry stating as such for the xbla port of Perfect Dark which was noticeably blurrier on the xbox one

i dunno but it seems weird because according to DF the game was actually running at 1080p but then being downsampled to 720p when output. Funny enough, PD was one of the most recently updated BC games so i wonder if they did go back and adjust that.

speedomodel

Woah, pretty stoked for The Cave actually. Only did one playthrough and have been meaning to go back. Wife and I had a blast the first time.

speedomodel

Far Cry 2 and the rest of the AC games are what I'm waiting for. Working my way through the AC series and am about half way through 2.

Sanctum of slime?

giphy.gif

naitosan

Just played a bit of Perfect Dark to see and seems to look like it's running in 1080p natively. I could be wrong.

Top Bottom