• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

josh924

Banned
How is Black Ops running for everyone? Runs fine for me, except for a few framerate stutters that I don't remember experiencing before (it was my go to MP game right before AW and Halo 5 were released). It feels a lot like lag, except I experienced it during a match with bots (just to see if I've gotten rusty at all).

shanafan

How is Black Ops running for everyone? Runs fine for me, except for a few framerate stutters that I don't remember experiencing before (it was my go to MP game right before AW and Halo 5 were released). It feels a lot like lag, except I experienced it during a match with bots (just to see if I've gotten rusty at all).

It just doesn't feel right, I can't describe it exactly. I feel my player moves like a tank, the hit detection is off and it just has a "jerk" feel to it that I can't describe.

It just doesn't feel right, I can't describe it exactly. I feel my player moves like a tank, the hit detection is off and it just has a "jerk" feel to it that I can't describe.

Yep, something is not right. I went back to my PS3 version and while I feel the framerate is shit on the PS3, it controls so much better for me. Maybe it's the deadzone for the XBOX One controller? I never had any problems with Halo 5 or The Master Chief Collection, so I can't blame the controller.

I don't get it. $15 Can wasted I guess.

edit: other than that, I love BC. Just buyer's remorse for this one.

jim2011

Burnout Revenge is only 14.99 on Xbox.com as opposed to 19.99 on Amazon from that leak. Any chance they'll raise the price on Xbox marketplace? I don't want to buy til it's confirmed.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yep, something is not right. I went back to my PS3 version and while I feel the framerate is shit on the PS3, it controls so much better for me. Maybe it's the deadzone for the XBOX One controller? I never had any problems with Halo 5 or The Master Chief Collection, so I can't blame the controller.

I don't get it. $15 Can wasted I guess.

edit: other than that, I love BC. Just buyer's remorse for this one.
Try moving it to the internal drive if it is currently on an external one.

shanafan

My aiming set at 3 felt quite a bit tighter and more responsive when I moved it off the external. Not sure if BC games operate differently on USB3.0, it shouldn't make a difference in theory.

Yeah I had it at 3, but moved it to 2 - on external HDD.

So, I moved it to internal - changed aiming to 3 - and WOW. Maybe I was the host, but it felt much, much better! Finished +5. Going to continue, and see if this is an actual difference. Color me impressed so far.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah I had it at 3, but moved it to 2 - on external HDD.

So, I moved it to internal - changed aiming to 3 - and WOW. Maybe I was the host, but it felt much, much better! Finished +5. Going to continue, and see if this is an actual difference. Color me impressed so far.
Yea I dunno what the hell is happening. I'll probably move all my BC games to the internal for now. Maybe we can pester Dark10x to check if there's an actual difference or impact :p.

shanafan

And now back to Elite controller with Black Ops for the ultimate test ;)

I went back to regular controller for a different take.

RoKKeR

I check in here daily for my RDR being back up.

I always leave sad.
I'm still expecting (read: *hoping beyond all hope*) that RDR2 will be announced at E3 or at MS's E3 presser, and there will be a whole "RDR is available on BC right now" thing to coincide with it.

At least the ones that were localized, I imagine there is no hope for the region free titles :(

True, if CAVE did say yes to all title even the region locked ones would work. Or so a thread over on the Shmups forum says. Untill them the 360 stays hooked up or I buy a JP one

etta

my hard graphic balls
I need to get this version even though I have it on PC.=p
Pshh screw PC. We got 90K+ concurrent players on Xbox and it's not even the weekend yet!

PC:
tumbleweed_rolling21.jpg
Xbox:
Besides, it's only $10.

Anyone here have the Ultimate Sith Edition disks of Force Unleashed 1? I forgot it was two disks, I'm guessing I have to install both to access the full game & packed in DLC?

Edit:

Alright so I installed both disks and it splits out the game into two selectable files. Going into both (which require the appropriate disk) does not recognize any of the DLC and wants me to pay for it...

Not cool :/

I sit here very patiently awaiting CAVE to say yes to there very nice catalog of shmups.....

This. I did make the "mistake" of selling my 360 to fund my One, but I made no bones about it, considering Degica is releasing Cave titles on Steam. I still have a lot of my 360 games due to low value and/or hopeful BC at some point.

muzzymate

Anyone here have the Ultimate Sith Edition disks of Force Unleashed 1? I forgot it was two disks, I'm guessing I have to install both to access the full game & packed in DLC?

Or utilize the second disc as your authentication disc to access the extra content? I feel like that was the process for Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition.

Edit: Sounds like it's actually Insert Disc 1 to install the base game. Then use Disc 2 to install the DLC and use that to authenticate the DLC and base game.

kuYuri

Edit:

Alright so I installed both disks and it splits out the game into two selectable files. Going into both (which require the appropriate disk) does not recognize any of the DLC and wants me to pay for it...

Not cool :/

Same problem I have with Fable II Platinum Hits version. The DLC is on the disc, but the Xbox One doesn't recognize it, it only recognizes the base game.

When you go to manage game, are there any options to download DLC there?
Nope, the DLC is on the second disc but installing that disc just makes a copy of the base game. The DLC in-game asks for payment and there is no option to install the DLC in management because it's on the disc. The system just isn't reading it.

Spades

Is there no way to stop your status being "On 2 devices" when you're playing a BC game on Xbox One? Pretty annoying that it says that.

Is there no way to stop your status being "On 2 devices" when you're playing a BC game on Xbox One? Pretty annoying that it says that.

Maybe appear offline on one or both OSes? It makes sense when you are running the emulation/virtualization of one console on another.

I wonder if MS will ever offer an exclusive mode that allows the user to boot into the X360 mode to free up more resources and better perform on titles that are quite visibly pushing the limits of what is possible or maybe we'll have to wait until they bring X360 BC to Win10 or the next Xbox. Even improvements to those few titles that run worse might happen before too much longer.

Nazgul11

I haven't been able to follow the thread as much as I would've liked since the first few months.

Where are we at right now in terms of what we know about input delay? Is there any real concrete evidence yet, or is it still just anecdotal?

I would imagine that there has to be at least some delay, right?

josh924

Banned
I have a 10-year old Bejeweled 2 save that wouldn't transfer to the cloud back in November. Did they fix that yet or am I SOL?

Well, despite initially finding the control hopeless with black ops (either because I'm used to the PS3 controller or because of input lag, not sure which) I've gotten a lot better and I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot.

Top Bottom