• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

etta

my hard graphic balls
That's a bit of an exaggeration. It's annoying for sure, but there's enough population that you can jump in and out of lobbies pretty quickly.

Cheaters are terrible, but the game is a ton of fun once you find a good lobby or two.
Yea, 103K population, that's insane for a 6 year old game and so much of that is due to BC.
BF4 on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 has 105K right now...

SpartanN92

Banned
Yea, 103K population, that's insane for a 6 year old game and so much of that is due to BC.

I hope Treyarch takes note of this and proceeds accordingly in BO4.

Getting really sick of Futiristic bullshit

shanafan

Went game hunting today, and every day had dozens of copies of prior COD titles on 360 but not one store had BO1 in stock.

Alx

BC is great to catch up on one's backlog. I'm playing a lot of Banjo Nuts'n Bolts at the moment, really a great game. I had stopped playing it on 360 before things got really interesting in the game, the first "quests" have you mostly build vehicles that are fast or strong enough for regular tasks, but in the later levels you can/must really be creative with the construction to get a good result.
The whole game is built around its physics engine which makes it very unique. It can sometimes be frustrating because of that though, usually when things go wrong (like after collisions with other vehicles), they go really wrong.
As for performance, I did get bothered by major framerate drops from time to time, but either I got used to it or it gets better, it felt fine after a few hours.

Burnout Revenge singlehandedly makes X1 BC worth it for me, I just heard they turned the servers back on too

Wow, I never considered that EA of all companies would turn servers back on for a re-release but that would be amazing.

I mean, EAs the only company that hosted it's own 360 servers and could turn them off in the first place, so maybe they shouldn't get too much praise for turning them back on.

Wow, I never considered that EA of all companies would turn servers back on for a re-release but that would be amazing.

I mean, EAs the only company that hosted it's own 360 servers and could turn them off in the first place, so maybe they shouldn't get too much praise for turning them back on.
I think they never turned them off. (Even after they said they were going to)

Storm360

Eh 2K, Ubisoft, SEGA, THQ, Activision and even Microsoft are guilty to some degree here. I'm just glad I can play Burnout Revenge again, its apparently been back online for a while now too which is nice. I just assumed its first shutdown was the final one and stopped playing

Hasney

So looks like RDR might actual be dropping, there's strong reports that it will be a GWG title next month!!!!

I'm doubting it's going to be a GWG title if the strong rumors of a new RDR being announced at E3 are happening. Unless they hold it back as a "mystery title" for the second half of June downloads.

Chris1

I'm doubting it's going to be a GWG title if the strong rumors of a new RDR being announced at E3 are happening. Unless they hold it back as a "mystery title" for the second half of June downloads.

Even the mystery title would be obvious it's gonna be something big and RDR is the only thing really.

They'd be better off just releasing it then being like "As we are dedicated to making our fans happy, it will also be free to all gold members to celebrate one of the most anticipated titles going BC". At least that way it doesn't sound like "Hey here's this game.. go buy it so you can buy our future game"

The leaked GWG is obviously fake as shit, doesn't rule out RDR being GWG but I wouldn't go by that leaked screenshot.

Lettuce

Possible i guess, but surely anyone who gives a damn about RDR or this possible sequel would already own the game!?....or a large percentage anyway

The leaked GWG is obviously fake as shit, doesn't rule out RDR being GWG but I wouldn't go by that leaked screenshot.

Your saying that because of Bioshock right?.....but wasnt one of the Gears games released twice on GWG??

im_dany

I don't see RDR being GWG after the news on how BO sales were boosted.

Your saying that because of Bioshock right?.....but wasnt one of the Gears games released twice on GWG??

Nope, all Gears games have been GWG but never more than once.
Also, the ratings on the packshots are suspect.

Chris1

And the ratings like ESRB, which isn't the JP ratings.

And the Ryse box art is literally the actual box (see green at bottom), not just the cover art.

No game has ever been repeated on GWG except in places where they are replaced like Japan. The XB1 used to have games be free for longer than a month (alongside a new one each month) but they were never repeated.

Not just that - even if that was the JP GWG (which it isn't), it's unlikely the rest of the world would get it anyways seeing as they get different games all the time in JP. For example they've had Banjo, Halo Wars, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Lichdorm literally just came out a month ago, that rules that game out too.

Backlogger

Even though I own the physical copy of RDR I ended up double dipping on the digital copy last time it was on sale so I'd be kind of annoyed with myself if it were free so soon but I'd get over it since it would finally be BC...

Duxxy3

I really hope that NFS Most Wanted (2005) ends up on the list at some point.

Actually, just more arcade racers in general. Hot Pursuit is a start.

Chitown B

And the ratings like ESRB, which isn't the JP ratings.

And the Ryse box art is literally the actual box (see green at bottom), not just the cover art.

No game has ever been repeated on GWG except in places where they are replaced like Japan. The XB1 used to have games be free for longer than a month (alongside a new one each month) but they were never repeated.

Not just that - even if that was the JP GWG (which it isn't), it's unlikely the rest of the world would get it anyways seeing as they get different games all the time in JP. For example they've had Banjo, Halo Wars, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

Edit: I'm also pretty sure Lichdorm literally just came out a month ago, that rules that game out too.

They have repeated GWG. Crimson Dragon ran for two months. Worms Battlegrounds ran for three. IDARB ran for 2, etc. And they've repeated with the opposite version (x360 or X1).

Chris1

They have repeated GWG. Crimson Dragon ran for two months. Worms Battlegrounds ran for three. IDARB ran for 2, etc. And they've repeated with the opposite version (x360 or X1).

"The XB1 used to have games be free for longer than a month (alongside a new one each month) but they were never repeated."

They had extended free periods, that's not the same as repeating a game after the GWG period is over. None of those games have been GWG since the original offer expired.

Repeating with the opposite version isn't the same...

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't see RDR being GWG after the news on how BO sales were boosted.
True, but I think the right circumstances could provide for an exception. The right circumstances being more bombas along with RDR being dropped for BC during the conference + having that right after RDR2 on Xbox stage + saying it's one of July's freebies or get it with purchasing RDR2. Or maybe they will not reveal June's games until E3, and offer a fifth or maybe sixth game for the delay. On May 26 or whenever say they will hold June's games until E3 but they will make up for it with additional games.
I'd love the latter to happen, but it's probably unlikely.

Chris1

I think RDR will be GWG before RDR2 comes out, but I don't know if it'll be GWG at launch of BC, they'll probably want to get some sales first (cmon, this is Rockstar we're talking about, have you seen GTA V "sales"? :p)

It was PS+ on PS3 a long time ago aswell so there's definitely a chance.

They aren't going to hold June games until E3, let's be honest guys that's screaming RDR, there's no other game that could qualify for that type of delay. IF, and I say IF, they're going to make RDR a hidden GWG they'll just announce the 4 GWG's then at E3 say how to thank their fans for the support they will get an additional GWG this month, and that game is... Red Dead Redemption, available right now via BC.

Hiding the games until E3 is ridiculous and everyone will know its RDR, let's be honest. They'll just go on business as usual then announce a surprise game at E3 if that's what they're gonna do.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I think RDR will be GWG before RDR2 comes out, but I don't know if it'll be GWG at launch of BC, they'll probably want to get some sales first (cmon, this is Rockstar we're talking about, have you seen GTA V "sales"? :p)

It was PS+ on PS3 a long time ago aswell so there's definitely a chance.
Yea it's probably more likely to be an "Available today with 50% off for Gold!".
*Everyone leaves the arena to go play it.

I really hope that NFS Most Wanted (2005) ends up on the list at some point.

Actually, just more arcade racers in general. Hot Pursuit is a start.

Does it seem like EA would rather everyone forget about MW 2005? I can't even find a sign of it on the Xbox site. It's not on steam and it's not on the origin store.

Edit: Just found a listing for the PS2 Classic version on the PlayStation store (playable on PS3) but all I can do is add to wish list, looks like no purchase option.

Apparently, a bunch of EA game and a few non EA games are coming to BC next month!

EA:
Need for speed: hot pursuit
Dragon Age 2
Skate 2
Fight night Round 4
Burnout revenge

Non EA:
Fable anniversary!
Crackdown 2

(source: reddit)
Found a thread linking to Amazon as their source:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FUSVKY6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thread:

http://reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4kdee2/nfshot_pursuit_2010_and_other_ea_games_coming_to/
is Need for Speed HT worth it as a burnout fan?

Ok, someone needs to explain this to me, because perhaps I've missed something.

You cannot purchase Xbox 360 games via Xbox.com with Microsoft / Xbox credit.

You cannot purchase Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One store via the console itself with Microsoft / Xbox credit.

So, I guess I just wasted $25 on this Xbox pre-paid card, because I was planning to purchase some 360 games for my XB1 (I do not currently have an Xbox 360 console to buy and download them from).

Am I missing something? Because if I'm not...this is ridiculous.

Ok, someone needs to explain this to me, because perhaps I've missed something.

You cannot purchase Xbox 360 games via Xbox.com with Microsoft / Xbox credit.

You cannot purchase Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One store via the console itself with Microsoft / Xbox credit.

So, I guess I just wasted $25 on this Xbox pre-paid card, because I was planning to purchase some 360 games for my XB1 (I do not currently have an Xbox 360 console to buy and download them from).

Am I missing something? Because if I'm not...this is ridiculous.
The credit "should" work on a real console, but it's seriously dumb it doesn't pick up on the website.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Well yeah, I'm sure it'll work there. Haven't had one in years though, so I guess I'm screwed.

Guess this credit will be saved for whenever Cuphead is released.
Just go use a friend's Xbox 360, sign in and buy it that way. Or just tell them your log in info if they are close friends.

The Argus

We need an "RDR BC OUT NOW" while they're on-stage at E3.

OR EARLIER PLEASE!

I check this topic occasionally when it's on the first page for an RDR announcement. I also hope each Tuesday is the day R* puts up a countdown clock for a RDR3 trailer.

Please. We know the BC version exists and runs well...

RawNuts

We need an "RDR BC OUT NOW" while they're on-stage at E3.

OR EARLIER PLEASE!
I feel like that must be what they're holding out for, hopefully along with a bunch of other titles to make a big E3 announcement.
I got to play it before they pushed an update that made it inoperable. It was glorious, my friend. Absolutely glorious.

Top Bottom